Sign in to follow this  
Niklas

Microstutter?

I recently have problems with alot of microstutter, the game keeps freezing for a short moment or up to a few seconds even though i have good pc

Is there any specific commands that can help with this?

Could be scripts spamming your log files. You should try and add this to your launch parameters: -noLogs

Basically everyone should launch the game with -noLogs because you do not need logs unless you are a developer debugging a mission.

Maybe BIS should reverse its usage and by default not log and if you are a dev or interested use a switch -log or something.

Maybe BIS should reverse its usage and by default not log and if you are a dev or interested use a switch -log or something.

That sounds like a pretty good idea actually :icon_idea:

I really need help with this, I have a gtx 780, i7 4770k and 8 gb ram, but my game is still unable to load assets fast enough, driving across altis with a car i constantly see awful textures, unloaded models and animations, sounds not playing enough, its fucking infuriating. Its not even microstutter, sometimes the game just freezes for a few seconds. I have no performance issues with anything else, just Arma.

Add the command -nologs to your startup line in Steam. (A google search will tell you how)

Make sure your Arma installation HD is thoroughly defragmented. It doesn't matter how powerful your machine is if it can't access the data fast enough.

Ideally you should install Arma on a separate SSD or HDD from the OS.

I'm running a mod right now that gives me some freezes.

Also, since it's Summer, a hot cpu will stutter ..., i got a house fan blowing into my case.

Ran a defrag some time ago and tried out -nologs, but this did not help to much. I now have edited some of my Nvidia setting and it seems to be running better, but still some slight hickups.

so what are your ingame settings? VD, ObjD, AA? What are you using in the NVCP for AA, Frame pacing? Do you use a logging/performance tool? like AB, or Adia64? Do you keep the Windows task manager open and up?

In your ARMA3.CFG set your "frames ahead" to 3 or less. (Its also a setting in your NVCP).

But more than anything get a SSD. Your whole uber HW is being choked by the slow streaming of your HDD. It really shows its slowness with large displays(1440+) and lots of needed AA.

kk