Nice to see an update to this :)

Thanks to Foxhound and Soltan6 for hosting the update! Ah and if someone from BIS reads this.. could you do something about the 100kb image rule, it is very frustrating - especially in 2014. Just a crazy thought :)

Also to answer this, feel free to put your suggestion in the following thread (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?72048-New-Forums-Feedback-thread-Bugs-Suggestions-here-please&p=2730884#post2730884).

:)

It's a Diemaco C8 Carbine. Diemaco is also known as Colt Canada.

Only our special forces use them, along with Diemaco C7s, H&K G36Ks, and I believe also Accuracy International AWMs in .300 Winchester Magnum and as of recently also .338 Lapua Magnum (8,6 x 70 mm).

Regular forces use as follows:

HK HK416N, standard infantry rifle (5,56 x 45 mm NATO)

HK HK416C, infantry carbine (mostly sailors/port security use these) (5,56 x 45 mm NATO)

HK HK417N, dedicated marksman rifle used by marksmen on a squad level (7,62 x 51 mm NATO) [Replacing VÃ¥pensmia NM149, 7,62 x 51 mm NATO, and AG3-skarpskyttersats 7,62 x 51 mm]

MG3, (7,62 x 51 mm) now being phased out, but used as a squad-level machine gun. Two people man these, «MG 1» carry and fire the MG3, »MG 2» carries additional ammunition and barrels. He uses a HK416N.

FN-H Minimi-N: 5,56 x 45 mm NATO LMG used on squad level, replacing MG3.

HK MP7A1, (4,6 x 30 mm) submachinegun used mostly by medics. Replacing the MP5.

Glock Pistole 80 (P-80). 9 x 19 mm pistol, sidearm.

Our Home Guard (Heimevernet) still uses the AG3 and MP5 in many parts of the country. They also use the P-80.

If you want to add custom magazines for realism, I can supply you with the proper Norwegian designations for our ammunition types. I'm a cartridge collector and have a solid list over the ammunition types we currently field.

Edited by Rebane

Ok, i'll just rename the CQB M4 "C8 Carabine" :P thanks for the offer with the Ammo, but it would be to much work modding the mags - it would basicly mean i need to redo those who are already in the NATO SF / RUSSIAN SPEZ pack or rather in arma 3 itself. And the point why i use the Weapons pack is that i don't want to mod any weapon related stuff, just the units. Sorry :)

BTW: vrakpant did an awesome job on fixing the groups, so with the new update the mod will be compatible with ALiVE. This also fixes the groups in MCC.

WIP Screens:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46305113/Norwegian%20Units/WIP_Screens/Screenshot10001.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46305113/Norwegian%20Units/WIP_Screens/Screenshot10125.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46305113/Norwegian%20Units/WIP_Screens/Screenshot10765.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46305113/Norwegian%20Units/WIP_Screens/Screenshot11275.jpg

The carrier will change i think.

Edited by Vasilyevich

i cant wait til the new update! i love the new textures, freaking awesome! keep up the great work!

When i google that, all i get are pictures from coastlines :) they still look good tho ^^

'Svaberg-indianer' is an Army-teasing-Navy-joke. Svaberg roughly translates to 'coast-rock', and indianer is the same as in German :)

Ok, i'll just rename the CQB M4 "C8 Carabine"

There's just one 'a' in English: Carbine, unlike the German Karabiner and the Norwegian karabin.

ITEM RANDOMIZATION!

What does this mean ? > Soldiers who are "FSK Special Forces (Multi) get helmets randomly who all fit to their camo - and "FSK SPecial Forces (Black) then get some randomly who fit to their camo.

THE PROBLEM:

This could interfer with custom loadouts - i am not sure atm, but it could override helmets you assign in custom loadouts! so i need some feedback on this ^^

Edited by Vasilyevich

Update:

Ok, so i implemented the MJK units in Blue camouflage. And made a new "M72 LAW" Launcher - it is a disposable launcher, and it is basicly "pre loaded" so when you take it in your hand you will get an rocket automaticaly in your inventory to shoot it. I also made the mod compatible with ALiVE. Ah, and the Sniper is not that alone anymore - he got a Spotter, ofcourse i also implemented a "Sniper Team" group for them too.

With the implementation of Item randomisation each soldier will get a weapon, helmet and facewar like bandanas or glasses fitting their own camouflage - so an Woodland soldier will get eighter an normal black rifle or an woodland paint rifle. This needs testing on an Dedicated server - so if someone would do that it would be awesome if you could give me feedback.

The Mod now has a new requirement: CBA for Arma 3 (everyone should have that anyways)

Changelog:

v1.4

- new "MJK" Special forces in Blue camouflage

- new spotter (both camos) class to assist the sniper

- new "M72 LAW (disposable) launcher

- randomisation of weapon camouflages fitting the specific units

- randomisation of facewear for the FSK and MJK special forces

- headgear (helmets) randomisation for the FSK and MJK special forces

- three new flags (flag poles) for norway, FSK and MJK

- some of the flag patches should look better now

- some new items including a cap with headphones

- mod should work with ALiVE now

- fixed some config bugs

- silencers from the FSK units are now in their inventory rather than on their weapon

- all units are now based on BLUFOR not Independent units

- the funky civilian glasses are gone

- no more "grandpa faces"

- group spawning via MCC should work now

- updated classname file

- updated LEA addon

- the mod now requires CBA for Arma 3

I would like to thank the BWmod Team and KoffeinFlummi in particular for the disposable launcher script. And Lervik from Tier1 once again for helping me with the M72 LAW launcher.

Edited by Vasilyevich

When placing down any Norwegian unit in the editor, and going into preview, it all works fine. But if I place down the Norwegian Ammo Box, I get for example for navy bracher:

Bad Vehicle Type NOR_Backpack_MJK_Breacher_navy

Any tips?

Edited by Barazin

Hotfix:

Thank you for pointing that out - i uploaded a fix, apologies for the inconvenience.

Changelog:

v1.4b

- fixed the MJK Breacher backpack

- it should now be possible to place the Norwegian Supply Box

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Hotfix:

Thank you for pointing that out - i uploaded a fix, apologies for the inconvenience.

Changelog:

v1.4b

- fixed the MJK Breacher backpack

- it should now be possible to place the Norwegian Supply Box

Hi

It seems like this happens with every Norwegian unit I place down. I get a different backpack message every time. Just updated to the latest version via PlayWithSix. :)

Thank you @ Foxhound and Sonsalt6

It seems like this happens with every Norwegian unit I place down. I get a different backpack message every time.
Could you please make a screenshot from one of the messages, because i can't reproduce the bug here, it would also be cool if you could isolate the issue by just loading the required mods (weapons pack and CBA) with the norwegian units mod and see if the bug is still there - thank you :)

btw. are you using the editor, zeus, mcc or another mod/tool for placing the units ?

Edited by Vasilyevich

Thank you @ Foxhound and Sonsalt6

Could you please make a screenshot from one of the messages, because i can't reproduce the bug here, it would also be cool if you could isolate the issue by just loading the required mods (weapons pack and CBA) with the norwegian units mod and see if the bug is still there - thank you :)

btw. are you using the editor, zeus, mcc or another mod/tool for placing the units ?

It was happening to me as well, but after restarting the game it went away, haven't had the problem since. Great mod I use the special forces for everything.

Thanks for the feedback.. seems iffy tho.. maybe it's just some arma hiccup. I forgot to include the MJK Breacher Backpack in the Zeus config, if this is the source of evil i'll update it now, but if not (and it seems its not a problem) then i'll fix it in the next update :)

Edited by Vasilyevich

Greetings, I have added the new requirements for your mod to our network. Users will now automatically recieve and activate @CBA_A3 and @MassiFIX

Best Regards

Sonsalt

It's a Diemaco C8 Carbine. Diemaco is also known as Colt Canada.

And to be more specific, they use 2 types. The one with the long barrel is the C8 SFW, with a 401mm heavy barrel. While the short one is a C8 CQB with a 250mm barrel.

The SFW is used by the brits under the designation L119A1, Lennard made a really good A3 pack. Now, most MJK and FSK use the standard aimpoint optics (CompA2 and CompA4) but I have seen several pictures of there being used ACOG sights.

Meh... looks like i forgot to fix some of the classnames when redoing the backpack code, it's really a pain in the $)§($?§ to do... and it's soooo hot here in germany ^^

I uploaded another hotfix. Hopefully it works now, please let me know if you entcounter more bugs, and apologies again for the problems - like i said before i don't get any errors when placing stuff :/

Changelog:

v1.4c

- fixed some backpack classnames

- updated classname file

Apologies also to the guys who update the stuff on Armaholic and PW6 :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Meh... looks like i forgot to fix some of the classnames when redoing the backpack code, it's really a pain in the $)§($?§ to do... and it's soooo hot here in germany ^^

I uploaded another hotfix. Hopefully it works now, please let me know if you entcounter more bugs, and apologies again for the problems - like i said before i don't get any errors when placing stuff :/

Changelog:

v1.4c

- fixed some backpack classnames

- updated classname file

Apologies also to the guys who update the stuff on Armaholic and PW6 :)

Did a quick test, and did not get any error now. :) Thanks! Will report if I encounter it again.

Did a quick test, and did not get any error now. :) Thanks! Will report if I encounter it again.
Good to hear :)

Big thanks to Foxhound and Sonsalt6 again <3

NOTE: Massi updated his NATO SF / RUSSIAN SPEZ weapons pack, you don't need the sound fix anymore:

this Temporary Sound Fix is NO MORE NEEDED and using it will brake the addon!

Since the units are mostly in place, and everything seems to work (hopefully). I will focus on working on the textures.. improving them and bringing more little things in the mod like helmets, carriers vests and so on.

Edited by Vasilyevich

Hey Vasilyevich, great looking addon. Haven't had the pleasure of trying them out in-game yet, but they sure look good!

A few suggestions, for realism:

1. The beret badge worn by the Norwegian army is slightly different from the one you are using. A picture of it can be found at the top right of page 5 in this document (army head dress regulation): http://web.medaljemontasje.com/Harenshodeplagg.pdf.

- all the circles below it are different flashes worn behind the beret, depending on what branch of the army the soldier is in.

- the beret colours of the Norwegian army can be found on the next page of that same document.

For the purposes of your addon i think the beret you have chosen works well - dark green is the "generic" army beret and suits your addon nicely. Other good options would be emerald green (Telemark Batallion), Black (Armoured Batallion) or Sand (2nd Batallion).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. MJK and FSK do not use their unit insignias in quite the same way as you have chosen for this addon.

- firstly, the unit insignia for MJK is actually this: http://home.online.no/~hyttervi/homepage_patches/images/norway/Navy/mjk/mar_mjk.jpg

The insignia you have used is the "wing" given to operators at MJK when they are declared operative (after initial training). This wing is only worn by operators and nobody else (like support staff, etc). So the correct insignia to use for MJK in this situation would be the one in the link.

I realise this doesn't work as well with the blue uniforms, but that is the official MJK unit insignia.

- FSK would usually use a "subdued" version of their patch when wearing a camo uniform, like this: http://home.online.no/~hyttervi/homepage_patches/images/norway/army/after06/hjk/fsk_hjk_2011_s.jpg.

For your addon I think maybe the desert version works better with the multicam uniforms: http://home.online.no/~hyttervi/homepage_patches/images/norway/army/after06/hjk/fsk_hjk_2011_d.jpg

But with all that said, the SOF never wear unit insignias when on operation (or certainly I haven't ever seen photos of them wearing them).

They wear them sometimes for exercises and demonstrations.

I think they look cool in your addon, and I think so does most people, so it's a dilemma between realism and coolness :)

(another option is to remove the insignias for the SOF altogether and just keep one soldier with each uniform with insignias - or the other way around!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my two cents/øre :) I love to see Norwegian stuff like this so I just thought I'd throw in some ideas!

Excellent job, keep it up, and I look forward to seeing more Norwegian units for Arma 3!

I was part of Norfor making addons for OFP/Arma/ArmaII and have loads of ideas for Norwegian stuff if you are interested!

Edited by Viking19