Sign in to follow this  
DerBiwi

Problem with Addonbuilder

Hey Folks,

since the new bootcamp update, I wanted to update my Weapons, which arent finished yet :)

Now, When I want to pack my Addon in AB, I get this message: http://www11.pic-upload.de/05.07.14/2lqegl9txuw.png

Then, The building is finsihed, it said, the build was successfull, but when I take a look on my Desktop, There is no .pbo file and no error textfile.

And i Cannot figure out the Error, when I dont get a errorfile.

Do somebody have a solution for this?

Greets,

Biwi

You can probably ignore the error if the path listed in the error is not the project you're working on. AB seems to check every config.cpp in every folder on your P:\ drive for some reason and report any errors they may contain, even if they have nothing to do with what is being binarised.

That said, it would appear that the config it is referring to in the error has something to do with the actual Binarize tool. My P:\ drive is directed towards a different folder than the standard Arma 3 Tools install folder, so the Binarize folder isn't on my P:\ drive, and AB doesn't check it. As such i can't say 100% whether that error is normal or not.

There's also currently an error with AB where it doesn't cut the compiled .pbo out of the TEMP folder where it packs the data, and paste it to your target destination automatically like it is supposed to. If you check C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp or wherever the directory for the temp folder is listed in your AB Options menu, you should find your .pbo inside there; safe and content but far from home. :)

IIRC the latter problem with AB not moving the files to the target location is fixed on the Dev Branch version of the tools. Right-click the tools in your steam library, click Properties, go to the Betas tab, and opt in to the Tools Dev Branch (like you would do for the game's Dev branch really) or just wait for the main branch tools to get a stable patch (or pack your addons with some other community tool in the meantime).

Thank your for the answer. Now it works. But I cannot find any .log file,where all my Config.cpp errors are enlisted. Where can I find them?

Think it all goes in the \Logs\AddonBuilder folder on your source directory (P:\ drive) now.

Haven't looked what's in the folder myself but I think the way it was described suggested to me that it just makes one universal log file now rather than .pbo specific ones.