m1ndgames

Saitek X52 Arma 3 Profile

Hello!

I recently aquired a nice Flight Stick for Arma and DCS, and after fine-tuning the config for a few days, its ready to be released...

It comes with a Readme containing instructions, the X52 profile, an Arma 3 Profile with custom bindings and Cheat-Sheet in both PDF, and in case of changes: excel.

All air vehicles can be flown in one single mode, so in case you miss any command, it can be added.

The Cheat-Sheet:

http://i.imgur.com/XKhbbvt.png (580 kB)

The Config:

https://mega.co.nz/#!Eg8k3bqQ!J2u5LqxDahfCssKV_Vt9K4vqa4BQM7tGSUzT5eQfYbU

Have fun with it, and provide feedback if there is anything that was missed.

PS: I didnt know where to put it, kindly move the thread if its in the wrong forum.

Edited by m1ndgames
PS

i got the hoover mode on the pinky switch which is working for me, otherwise nice set up

dunno if its my stick bugging or not, but the polling rate is going mental with most keyboard mappings, so if i go to say, change weapon it cycles through at lightening speed then selects 1 or the same everytime! IE if in the settings i press the button it will blink very fast and always come up as "2x F" etc.

This is a known problem: Just delete everything with the "2X something" in the keybindings.Then re-map stuff as you want them .Conflicts with the X-axis they think.

Good Luck!

Very cool! I have this as well along with the rudders. I'll be giving you profile a try. Thanks.

I got the X55 a week ago, much better than the X52! I got it at a really good deal. Its basically like a plastic Thrustmaster Warthog. It almost has all the same buttons, some of them were moved (throttle hat switches) and some are missing but so far the only commands i havent been able to fit (from DCS) were the mic switch and boat switch. Considering the amount of HOTAS commands in DCS, it fits more than perfectly Arma 3 needs (i tested it too)

Hey X Hunter33,

Were you able to get that profile working on the x55? I just got mine and was wondering if you would share your x55 profile for arma 3?

Thanks!

I to am having trouble with the x55. I have to remap my x55 everytime i play. Ive tried using the software that comes with the x55 but i cant get it to programmed with arma 3. As im new to this method of flight, im so desperate to find out how to map it properly & hints & tips on how to use it in flight. I cant hover or land. im using the AFM with the x55 & am finding it impossible. Like for example, if im in a bird with skids my take off is as follows: increase throttle to about 45% (chopper moves so i counter it with a twist on the stick) & instead of going vertical the bird struggles to get in the air! I was thinking that once there's enough lift (chopper feels light), the bird will want to move vertical. She will only move forward if i nose down. It dont do that though! There dont seem to be enough lift to get me up!!! I understand i have a lot to learn regarding flight with this new AFM, Just wish there was a good vid out there that could teach us how to fly with the x55 & the AFM.

I have a pic of someone's mapping if you would like me to post it. Its not mine, i found it on the web.

Will this config work with the X52 Pro?

Edited by SHARKIN

X52 Profile should be work with X52 Pro too, since these are the same base. The Pro use only a little bit more Metal and has additional Function for the MFD.

Can anyone host the config elsewhere than Mega?

Because I just tried downloading it from Mega and when I opted to "Download via browser" I got stuck with the error message "Out of HTML5 Offline Storage Space".

I've a problem when opening "Configure controllers" in the window "Customize" the names of the axis in the left column are missing.

My controller is a Saitek X52, well recognized by the game but this issue appeared recently and I don't know how to resolve this problem.