Sign in to follow this  
masonddg87

Aircraft Speed

In modeling aircraft, is there anyway to have the aircraft go it's correct speed ingame? For example: a F/A-18 E/F max speed is 1915 km/h with a range of 2346 km clean, 722 km combat. Can these figures be inputted in to the model? Thanks.

the values are not stored in the model, they are defined in it's config

How would I go about setting the configuration to the proper speed to the aircraft?

I am no expert or anything.

But the speeds are probably lower based on the fact that the maps are small and runs and stuff are small.

The game is scaled in a way and so the speed got scaled too.

Having the speed be way to high may make it extremely difficult to fly.

F/A-18 E/F max speed is 1915 km/h with a range of 2346 km clean, 722 km combat. Can these figures be inputted in to the model?

ArmA does not account for aircraft load and weight. Whether empty or fully loaded, they all fly the same. The simulation is not that detailed.

If you're not familiar with config files, pick up some generic modding tutorial and look at the configuration files provided with the sample models. It's a vast topic, cannot be covered here.

For top speed of airplanes, check out this older forum discussion:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?94407-Aircraft-Max-Speed-Help-Please

Also this:

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma:flight_model

A Helicopters top speed and acceleration is governed by mass. More mass the faster it goes.

If you want to consider scale Altis is at 75% real life, but I'm not sure if the distances are at that scale?