Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

UI²

Ah okay just making sure :) Really liking the wider FOV http://s28.postimg.org/sd126qx1n/image41826_9600671181.png like here but with the outline, feels less boxed in and more natural...some really interesting stuff you two are doing.

Yea, Masaketsu has made a good amount of goggle textures for me to test this out with. Screenshots and videos don't do as much justice as actually using it ingame. It's a great and immersive experience!

Question, in your earlier posts you mentioned this addon as being a "product", is this simply jargon or are you planning on selling this kit?

lol i was starting to wonder too. "product", "best mod on the market". good to hear that it's only "jargon" as nod put it ;)

Ideas?

A. What if you partner this with a superb weather script/mod and the UI dynamically changes based on the weather.

The UI dynamically changes if:

B. explosion near player..dust, rocks

C. player underwater

D. Player near fire/flames

E. Player laying down/crawling face forward in the grass

F. Heat haze based on weather

G. Player breath fog based on weather

Enter make arma contest and watch the votes roll in.

Ideas?

A. What if you partner this with a superb weather script/mod and the UI dynamically changes based on the weather.

The UI dynamically changes if:

B. explosion near player..dust, rocks

C. player underwater

D. Player near fire/flames

E. Player laying down/crawling face forward in the grass

F. Heat haze based on weather

G. Player breath fog based on weather

Enter make arma contest and watch the votes roll in.

Those dynamic changes are already planned, just hadn't though about fire/flames or heat haze! :)

If people are willing to vote on this in MANW, then I guess we could enter this. Will still need to consult with Masaketsu.

Masaketsu has provided another concept for the HUD.

The HUD's color can be adjusted ingame via the default UI color adjuster.

WQ5_Buz5.jpg

The notification text will sweep in, then scroll to reveal the rest of the text.

Fatigue and health will play a role in the rate of the heartbeat. Death will occur in a flatline.

We have also purchased high-definition stock footage of snow falling for use in appropriate weather. (Thanks to the generosity of the community)

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

UI Remake - Flight

159_Xep_B.jpg

Edited by zooloo75

oh god.. this is amazing :)

edit: after taking a 2nd look at the hud pic's in your first post.. I feel like the hud element are some-what too big. the screens feels cluttered. especially these 2 should be smaller;

http://gyazo.com/ba4b8fe2fc5977540bed0ed1bda487d4

http://gyazo.com/1298144483d153e5131eae2aba24dc38

Edited by ltsThomas

Amping for this, Also Flashbangs!? And I really look forward to your guys NVGs interpretation.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. @ItsThomas, Masaketsu thought the same about the first concept, which is why he made the new one, I believe.

@Katipo, the flashbang text is just placeholder :P

Development on my end will continue Friday. Masaketsu is working hard on the UI remake.

I have also implemented the IrrKlang sound engine into the UI for sound support. I suggest Googling it to see its own potentials.

Among our ideas, I was thinking of implementing a 2D physics engine to handle dynamic particle effects (perhaps mud or dust?)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

We're working in "modules" which means we're compartmentalizing each aspect for a more

consolidated, unified HUD. While Zooloo works the implementation aspect solely, the share

of work for us both falls under managing the projecting and directly seeing what we will be

able to consolidate to streamline the UI. For instance, the RADAR system could also easily

be reworked to count in GPS information, incl. of course bearing and courses, just like in a

real scenario. So of course our plan is not going to subsidize realism, but bare in mind that

this HUD UI is to cater for everyone, you will have the option to disable/enable Goggle HUD

effects, irrespective of the FX being turned on or off, and same with UI. Meaning that the

user can choose to have the UI only show in third person, a time when Goggles don't show.

Or, he can choose to have the FX turned off, or any of these options on or off, it means a

user can not only customize the coloration of his HUD (via the already in-game UI custom

color feature), but also allow the user to choose in config files, what shows and what wont.

We're building UI2's template, it's much like a web design template in that it comes in its

own modular folders, and has modules for each portion of the HUD, allowing a designer to

radically change out how the whole design looks, and what can be shown and hidden too.

This also in combination with detection of ingame data, alpha fade transitions and marquee

scroll data, allows us to make a more professional HUD. I'd recommend personally that any

people trying to play an absolute hardcore experience in realism leave it only for 3rd person.

That way, you can get the benefits of a truly immersive Goggle HUD system, new weather

and damage FX, and at the same time when going into third person if needed, your HUD's

will provide you necessary information, and tactical data that will help in the battlefield too.

Looks great, one thing that is a pet peeve of mine though is renaming weapons to "Real world" weapons, will something like that be modular. Everything else looks great though.

Looks great, one thing that is a pet peeve of mine though is renaming weapons to "Real world" weapons, will something like that be modular. Everything else looks great though.

The text you see in the concept UI's are just placeholders. These haven't made it into the actual overlay yet, and all text and UI colors are determined by the game.

BTW to those that may be wondering about the IrrKlang sound engine that is implemented into UI2 -> http://www.ambiera.com/irrklang/features.html

http://i.imgur.com/AUSACCY.jpg (307 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/9HsgSYf.jpg (244 kB)

These are the final'ish concepts (likely to be interred into program actual) for

the consolidated statistic HUD, on the right side. If anyone would like a detail

based explanation of what each function does, I can discuss it, but I am sure

it goes without saying what most of this stuff does, and allows the user if in

an interest to fly with HUD's on, to enjoy the experience of the HUD onscreen.

Hope this works.

SITREP for tonight:

Weapon HUD implemented (still need to find a way to check which grenade the player has selected).

Heartbeat status changes depending if player is dead or alive.

Rain effect only shows if it is raining.

HUD color is now determined by the ingame color options.

Game-to-overlay interaction is looking quite promising and opens many possibilities for advanced UIs.

Much better the one without the gauge... Havn't read the whole thread but I dig also the green one. I don't know if it's doable (probably not), but you might can do it in a way that in the night time it switches to green color...

Much better the one without the gauge... Havn't read the whole thread but I dig also the green one. I don't know if it's doable (probably not), but you might can do it in a way that in the night time it switches to green color...

Thanks for the input; we're binding the UI element's coloration to the ingame

customizable elements. Font colors dictate white, highlight UI elements incl.

border corners, etc. The objective is that the user can dictate how he wishes

to view the UI. The vehicular gauges are unique to the type of craft being in

use; driving will typically only show the speedometer while at the drivers seat

position *and* most importantly; scales depending on real in-game mechanics.

Altitude is important, as we're giving a metric altimeter gauge in altitude ladder

while the text is shown in feat, allowing both users to benefit from this, while

this happens, neither of these feature in the regular HUD while on foot or in a

vehicle position that doesn't warrant such a thing. It's critical that we focus

on consolidation rather than clutter. The only other "vehicle" HUD's outside of

this module, known as the weaponstat.module, will be shown in a status HUD

in the top right or another undisclosed yet to be implemented location, which

shows the (upto) six boxes and their states/status, Hull, Eng, Inst, Mrot, etc.

We're focused on giving the user options, and typically when this is finally in

place, a user can forget about eye strain looking at finicky, or odd positioned

HUD elements, and focus on the real-time data in a non cluttered way ingame!

Thanks for the input; ..... way ingame!

Well thanks you for the explaination and the work you guys are doing ;D We should have more mods like this :)

And uhe! Nice work zooloo

I just found this and wanted to watch the twitch stuff but all of the links are either broken or don't have anything. :(

I just found this and wanted to watch the twitch stuff but all of the links are either broken or don't have anything. :(

Strange, I wasn't aware that twitch deletes old broadcasts (even though I set them to be archived...)

I love the overlay for the glasses/goggles, really adds to the immersion.

The interface also looks nice.