Sign in to follow this  
jfriberg

Stuck with UAV

In the campaign I have reached a point called death walley. Then I got an assignment to locate some spotters using a UAV. I'm able to get that into the air. But then I don't understand what to do next and how to find these spotters and eliminate them. So I'm stuck here since after a short time it's announced task failed and the camapaign ends.

Switch to thermal view (Press N twice) and look for two figures, then left click to lase them, Charlie section should open up on them. Once they're killed you can move on.

• Like 1

Switch to thermal view (Press N twice) and look for two figures, then left click to lase them, Charlie section should open up on them. Once they're killed you can move on.

I did so. After a left click I got some confirmation on bearing. Then after a while mission failed. Is just a left click enough or must I point at one of the figures ?

You need to hold the laser on those two figures until they are both dead, make sure you switch to turret controls rather than the pilot controls. When the laser is on a little icon should light up and if you're in thermal view I believe you'll see the laser spot on the ground.

You need to hold the laser on those two figures until they are both dead, make sure you switch to turret controls rather than the pilot controls. When the laser is on a little icon should light up and if you're in thermal view I believe you'll see the laser spot on the ground.

So I point the laser at the ground adjacent to the figures instead of the figure (one at a time) itself ?

So I point the laser at the ground adjacent to the figures instead of the figure (one at a time) itself ?

i dont think that really matters if u just point it close enough.  As long as u hear the radio confirm from charlie u'll be fine. then u just need to hold until they get bombed out.