Sign in to follow this  
surfer

[CP4] Somewhere In Siberia - Stalkers/Testers wanted

Hello Surfer.

The mission is awesome to play, i really love all the custom sounds that has been added, and all i can say is keep it up!

now i have ran into a little stop during the mission, am at the place where you meet a doctor and he wants up to get his laptop from a underground reactor place thingy, now i go to the entry point, i find like a concrete tunnel that sticks out of the rocks, but its not leading anywhere, is it the right place or am i looking at the wrong place, and is the doctor a must keep alive person? since he kinda got fucked by a sneaky AI in the buses, in other words he died..

Regards

Chris

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

After playing for another 4 hours, i reach the end of the mission, am on a resarch lab in the ocean, and i find some evidence of the nuclear weapons and it pops up "To be continued", this makes me so much more hyped on the next part of the series to put it that way! keep going this mission is awesome, i would definitely recommend people to play this mission!

Edited by CrazyChrisX

The doctor's life isn't too important once he told you about the underground reactor. And I think you already found the entrance, there's a green action you have to activate to get in. Maybe hover your mouse around a bit when you're in the tunnel.

Thanks for your feedback, hope you enjoy the rest of the mission!

[...]this makes me so much more hyped on the next part of the series to put it that way! keep going this mission is awesome, i would definitely recommend people to play this mission!

Be assured that more is in the making. I'm not sure about my teammate's release plans on this one but if Somewhere In Siberia goes fine we'll likely provide some intel on the second part soon. ;)

CrazyChrisX, thanks a lot for your encouraging words! Could you please wrap a spoiler tag around the lines concerning the story? Thanks :-)

Edited by Surfer

Hello everyone.

Surfer. Many thanks for your mission. Last two weeks. Only her and tested. Especially liked that you did a good job with the sound, storyline (as far as I was able to understand it, English language, I do not know much), and added their own original "chips." Such as anomaly "FREEZER" for example. I do not remember where else to get out of the anomaly needed the help of another player. And the sound, anomalies, mesmerizing. )

I wish you good luck in development.

Of course bugs are also present. Personally, I'm annoyed, snakes. And another disadvantage that the characters get tired very quickly, and therefore very little hiking assignments. Because of this, not all of the atmosphere. For example, the howl of a wolf, I heard only once. When I wanted to videotape, anomaly "blaster". By the way its implementation is also not the best, as you can see it exploding rocket.

I've only played alone. The first two bugs are not critical.

http://rghost.ru/58694673/image.png

http://rghost.ru/58694699/image.png

The following two critical.

Sometimes it is impossible to perform the first task. Ie exploding car. effect a zero ..

Second. Sometimes lost the opportunity to go to the underground laboratory. This happens due to the fact that the entrance. car pulls or APC. I could be wrong, so here's a video.

Maybe some bugs arise due to the fact that I'm breaking the story. Since do not know much English. For example, I can not continue the mission after the destruction of the "non-generator"

I want to write a guide on your mission. You to reach a wider audience of players. But I can not go to completion mission.

I played like this:

1abandoned russian supply depot at 020040. 2Found a GPS which is highlighting three locations: 028030, 041025 and 039037. 3.city ​​Thirsk. 4.helicopters at Tuulensuoya. 5.destroy the non-generator.

What to do next, I do not know ...

[/color]After playing for another 4 hours, i reach the end of the mission, am on a resarch lab in the ocean, and i find some evidence of the nuclear weapons and it pops up "To be continued", this makes me so much more hyped on the next part of the series to put it that way! keep going this mission is awesome, i would definitely recommend people to play this mission!

CrazyChrisX. Could you write me in a personal way you proshol mission? Just in what order and what you have found. I would be grateful to you without measure. )

P.S. If I wrote something wrong, I'm sorry, I write through Google translator ...

Hi Rell!

Thanks so much for playing the mission and also recording the videos. It's always great to see others play your mission :-)

I think the first two error messages you encountered both come from the missing AK mod. If I recall corretly Indeed Pete already included a fix for the next update. Ignore them for now!

Destroying the trucks: It's not always the same truck you have to destroy. You have to find the radioactive one, then the task should be solved.

The inability to enter the tunnel makes me wonder. I can see at the beginning and the end of the video that the green action "enter tunnel" is there, you just have to click it. Try the mousescroll & click. Or you did and it didn't work. I would then think this has something to do with savegames, meaning saving inside the underground lab or something. I'm sure the car or APC doesn't have to do with the tunnel. Try again and I will also check if anything could break the tunnel action.

You followed the mission correctly, you just didn't find the hint to Proteus yet. Maybe try to just cruise the island, there's other locations giving you hints.

Generally the mission starts with clear tasks and later you just follow hints without tasks. This should also represent that there's no official orders you follow but rather your curiosity to find out more. This also means that for many things there are more than one solution. For example you can continue without checking the underground lab (though it looks great): There's another (but not so precise) hint to Proteus at the map at the scientists office.

The google translation worked fine.

Thanks for sharing your further feedback! Hope you enjoy the rest of the mission!

Surfer

hey Surfer! I'm looking forward to running this, but one big problem. I go to launch it in my coop setup, and all I can do is click 'Play', but nothing happens.

Is it because I use AiP TP? From what I understood, AiA TP can be used in place of A3MP because it contains all the same assets. Am I wrong here? Let me know what I need to do, thanks!

We still love the mission, it may have a few bugs here and there, but the time you put into the custom sounds alone is amazing. We would still love to have you join us one night , the offer still stands. Keep up the god work.

Twizztid

Hey Mr. IC:

Sorry, I can't help you when using AiA TP. I only run A3MP +AP and don't have the bandwidth to download more large mods to find out. Maybe start be trying to open the Thirsk Winter map in the editor. Let us know if it opens!

Twizztid:

Thanks a lot for your ongoing support. If you could see what IndeedPete and I are crafting at the moment ... Not spoiling too much here but it will run on Altis, all vanilla, still tons of custom textures, particle effects, sounds, music, story, mission generator, shop system and all new cities and locations. IndeedPete is a genius in making things possible. Let's meet up soon for a run of Siberia and the new wip Altis Zone. PM me for timings and I hope IndeedPete will join in! European time zone here.

@Mr_IC: It is possible but you'd need to dePBO the release and remove an addon from the mission.sqm. A3MP needs a "Thirsk Fix" to use Thirsk Island while AiA doesn't need such fix. In order to make Somewhere in Siberia possible with AiA you need to remove the addon dependencies. Fortunately, I still have an adapted version on my hard drive as I also use AiA. I think it's also adapted to work with toadie's AK pack.

DOWNLOAD

@Surfer, Twizztid: Sure, would love to join when we can find the right time.^^

Hey Mr. IC:

Sorry, I can't help you when using AiA TP. I only run A3MP +AP and don't have the bandwidth to download more large mods to find out. Maybe start be trying to open the Thirsk Winter map in the editor. Let us know if it opens!

Twizztid:

Thanks a lot for your ongoing support. If you could see what IndeedPete and I are crafting at the moment ... Not spoiling too much here but it will run on Altis, all vanilla, still tons of custom textures, particle effects, sounds, music, story, mission generator, shop system and all new cities and locations. IndeedPete is a genius in making things possible. Let's meet up soon for a run of Siberia and the new wip Altis Zone. PM me for timings and I hope IndeedPete will join in! European time zone here.

I´ve switched to AiA Tp but I´ve kept activated the A3MP_AM folder (the extension with fixes that Alduric released alongside with A3MP), thou some (or most) of the fixes are redundant, it prevents problem like Mr. IC´s... so just disable A3MP and keep A3MP_AM activated (or put those alduric map fixes on AiA tp folder)

I´m anxious to see (maybe playtest) the Altis Zone map, Stalkers go to Greek Island beaches, YaY! (there could be an submarine anomalie, like Shark Teeth or Whirlpool that drags you down and drowns you something like that lol) =D

cheers!

The whirlpool-anomaly sounds inviting! But considering how little time we Arma players spend in water it's hardly worth the effort I guess ;-)

But having a whirler anomaly or just a regular tornado wandering the zone sounds fun. Let's put this on our list. Somewhere down there. Hehe.

Wow pete, thanks!

@Surfer or Lib - I figured this issue is keeping me from joining coop sessions in Clafghan, Chernarus, etc.. I go into the lobby, but before the lobby loads it kicks me back to the server browser, even if the game is mod-friendly.

Is A3MP_AM found in A3MP or +AP? I really appreciate all the help guys.

Well, there's always a possibility to create a good (under)water mission. A tornado in the distance should indeed be possible. Some particle effects are feasible, not sure about any gameplay aspects, might have to fiddle with velocity and stuff.^^

IP, no need to simulate every bit out of it! ;-) Once we have the tornado we just add some terrible noise to it, spice it with some cam shake and a distance dependant damage. Ah, this brings me to the point that we, or should I say you as the technical mastermind ;-), need to think of a median function of player positions to use for the center of blowouts. We could then randomize the blowouts as we do it with the acid rain. Spoil. Tease.

Pete,

I sent Surfer a pm and I am game when ever so when you guys have a time in mind let me know. If you want , not sure if you have a dedicated server if not mine is yours. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Twiztid

Forgot to ask as well - I use a certain combo of 3 AI mods. The author of WW AICover actually prefers users to run elements of TPW, and on top of that I have several modules of bCombat active. Specifically the ones that do not conflict with AICover + TPW.

Will any of this mess with your mission? Can't wait to try it out regardless.

@Twizztid: No, we don't have a dedi but I'd advise against it anyway as I'm not sure if it would work. Only tested / developed with one player being the server.

Wow pete, thanks!

@Surfer or Lib - I figured this issue is keeping me from joining coop sessions in Clafghan, Chernarus, etc.. I go into the lobby, but before the lobby loads it kicks me back to the server browser, even if the game is mod-friendly.

Is A3MP_AM found in A3MP or +AP? I really appreciate all the help guys.

Ohh sorry, Mr_IC, I´ve named my folder AM (additional Maps) but I guess the official name of the fixes mod is A3MP_AP =)

But what you need is the thirsk_w_fix.pbo file =)

and dedicated servers aren´t mod friendly, you´d better use a listen server (when one player hosts the game) Arma3 netcode is so buggy that dedicated are vanilla mostly =P WWcover shouldn´t break this mission scripts, but TPW has some modules that could, I´d advise to play with civilians, skirmish and traffic off!

Count me in for playtesting Altis Zone, guys!

cheers!

;2808642']Ohh sorry' date=' Mr_IC, I´ve named my folder AM (additional Maps) but I guess the official name of the fixes mod is A3MP_AP =)

But what you need is the thirsk_w_fix.pbo file =)

and dedicated servers aren´t mod friendly, you´d better use a listen server (when one player hosts the game) Arma3 netcode is so buggy that dedicated are vanilla mostly =P WWcover shouldn´t break this mission scripts, but TPW has some modules that could, I´d advise to play with civilians, skirmish and traffic off!

Count me in for playtesting Altis Zone, guys!

cheers![/quote']

Perfect. I use only EBS, LOS (for close quarters), and Anim Speed. Lib, thanks again for all your help and I'm looking forward to Thirsk!

No spoilers obviously - but does this mission get into survival horror type territory?

Well, survival per se no cus they haven´t implemented hunger or thirsty but it is STALKER-ish mood on its best (including some bump thrills and chills - blowouts, anomalies, maybe mutants?) and a good background and even factions... you´re gona like it =)

If you're interested in this sort of postapocalyptic-mystery-steampunkish-slightlyhorror-mostlyexploreinawe-thing as mentioned earlier I highly recommend the Strugazki's "Roadside Picnic", which you can buy as a book or read online. It has been the inspiration for Stalker and it is for "Somewhere In Siberia". This episode evolved as the prelude to IndeedPete's and my follow up "Contention Zone" (working title), so this one has some of the elements of the Zone as anomalies and blowouts but it's just starting and taking a twist from the usual sabotage deep behind enemy lines mission. It has also been the first mission in which I used scripts and I can't mention enough that without the forum's technical geniuses, especially IndeedPete, this wouldn't be possible to me.

Survival is an interesting key-word since I mostly enjoy missions where you do your best not to die once. There's some chance to revive here but in whole you can only finish the mission if you plan your attacks carefully and don't run into enemy fire. Some day I need to try to solve this mission unarmed. Could be possible. Will keep you posted.

Hi Surfer. Thanks again for your mission. ) I finally completed all assignments ..

I recorded another video.

[ /spoiler]

I hope your mission will grow into a great mod)

Edited by Rell

Rell, I have to say I'm AMAZED about your video!

You put together so many of the key scenes in a very dynamic and fast paced way, yet without spoiling anything!

Really really good job! ´Thanks so much!!! If you agree I will put the link to your vid on this thread's starting page.

Vodka for Rell!

Cheers fellow Stalker!