Sign in to follow this  
surfer

[CP4] Somewhere In Siberia - Stalkers/Testers wanted

fbl25v.jpg

The first open beta is out! Find the download link below!

What starts as a sabotage mission turns out to become kind of a postapocalyptic free roam adventure, playable as a 4 player coop or single player. The story unfolds with every location you explore, enemies you capture and allies you find. The atmosphere is inspired by STALKER or FALLOUT and features lots of custom sounds and music.

Technical mastermind IndeedPete and me (Surfer) have modified mine detectors that show zones of dangerous radioactivity, biological and chemical threats. There's further anomalies you don't want to step into, some of them can be revealed by throwing chemlights into them. The beautiful Thirsk Winter map of 5 x 5 kms can be explored on foot until you manage to steal or repair vehicles. At the moment the mission runs with Farooq's Revive, you can switch between team-members but once you lose all four of them the game is over. Gametime is around 2 - 5 hours. There's no respawn. Since IndeedPete and I took weeks to create this mission it's only fair if you take some time to complete it ;-)

Requirements:

A3MP

A3MP-AP

Thirsk

Current features:

- snow is falling

- day/night cycles

- around 10 locations with tasks or story elements

- non linear gameplay

- detection of hazard zones including onscreen icons, sounds & damage

- blowouts

- anomalies to date: FREEZER, BLASTER, TRIP, RADIOACTIVITY, BIOHAZARD, CHEMICALS

- custom ambient sounds and music, original tracks by sirch retork and by myself

- some objectives are randomized

- all story elements are logged so you can re-read them

- 3 NPCs that can join your team

- toned down AI skills

- that mystic weather experiment you see in the video

- underground reactor

- three factions: CONTENTION, GREENWAR and FREEZONERS

- custom textures and uniforms

Planned features:

- dubbed narrator

- more dynamic locations and tasks

- more allies

Known issues:

- "advanced vehicles mod" is killing the players during the intro.

- sometimes the players spawn right into an anomaly. this still needs to be fixed. if it happens to you, restart!

- green circles on map. they actually don't mean anything.

- single players should start the mission from the MISSIONS folder / Scenarios to allow teamswitching.

- higher diffuculties block teamswitching.

Credits:

Indeed Pete for his invaluable coding skills and ongoing support!

Raunhofer & Alduric for the excellent Thirsk Winter map!

Corporal Lib [bR] for playtesting and inspiration

Farooq & Prof.Cupcake for the revive script

Shuko for the SHKPOS script

Genesis92x for the VCOM script, please correct me if this is wrong. There's no credits in the script I'm using.

Geiger Counter Clicks by Iwan Gabovitch under CC-BY 3.0 License, based on Geiger.wav by Benboncan

Annoying-alarm.wav by thomasevd under CC-BY 3.0 License

Original music by Sirch Retork, Surfer and more.

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/?yf9iu0qy69z67fe

Here's an amazing video Rell did! It doesn't spoil too much and is giving you a good idea what to expect:

And a few screenshots:

64iko1.jpg

10541uw.jpg

2mzgqh1.jpg

jsm0qw.jpg

nfma84.jpg

idykcp.jpg

28w195h.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Freaking AWESOME! I´m a STALKER hardcore fan, count me in for testing it (is it alright if I use Toadie2K AKs instead of A3 vanilla weapons and bcombat?) and I sincerely hope you can manage to include ZEDs, Mutants and Blowouts in a near future... (Namalsk Crysis did it on A2, I bet you can do just better on A3 ;)

cheers!

Sounds cool !

If you use the Thirsk Winter map, what addons are exactly needed ?

I'm planning to keep it mostly mod free to have it as accessible as possible. To play Thirsk Winter you need A3MP, A3MP_AP and Thirsk.

Would love to test it! Haven't had much luck to get the Thirsk map running in A3 but that should motivate me to try again. :)

That STALKER music at the end just gave me the chills, it´s AWESOME... how will be able to cure radiation poisoning? With FAKs or are you scripting some anti-rad too?

Eager to test it! Back to the ZONE!

Haha, damn you man! ^^

I've been working on the same idea, with blowouts turning the unweary into zombies. ;)

Why not join in? :-)

Thanks already for all your interest! I will put together the latest build tonight and send you guys a copy.

Edited by Surfer

Why not join in? :-)

He he thanks man :)

I'm actually working on an addon for wich I'll be publishing several free-roaming missions (with zombies, most likely).

I'll probably be coming back to you once the mod workframe is satisfying. ;)

Meanwhile you could take a look at my previous work (unofficial dayz SP modifications), it has a Stalker/The road mood already.

Wow! Update your work to A3 so I can abandon my stuff which is more in the beginning than a full framework. Honestly at the moment I've spent most of my efforts to create an atmosphere and bases or laboratories. But you'll see. I'm just doing some last fixes here and there.

Thanks!

I'll probably test your work soon - and please, keep doing what you're doing man : the more "Stalker" missions the better!

It seems I can't get tired of that universe (just like everyone who played the games, I guess).

Thanks to IndeedPete the hazard zones are now working, so if you get too close to radioactive material your geiger counter will respond and you'll get hurt. Custom winter camo and additional textures are done, the three factions CONTENTION, GREENWAR and FREELANCERS are defined. Added more NPCs. The underground reactor is finished. Lots of bugs killed thanks to Indeed Pete and Corporal Lib. The next mission file will follow once Indeed Pete's weapon replacement script is installed, which should give you proper AKs if you have the mod installed.

I have just finished the blowout script and would like to show you two blowouts, one on Thirsk where the main mission is taking place and one on Stratis for later and for quick tests. Also added a video of the underground reactor ruins to the main page.

Edited by Surfer

Looks great! Always happy to help. ;)

Just great!!!! Anxious to playtest the next update! Thanks IndeedPete for the replacements and fixes, this mission will be Uber-awesome now! Loved the faction names lol

Surfer, the Reactor video is private, we can´t see it =/

At your service, Sir ;)

;2728728']

Surfer' date=' the Reactor video is private, we can´t see it =/

[/quote']

Fixed :-)

Yeah, nice underground structure (and a clever way to use that Cherno unfinished building structure lol), is that water radioactive? Damn, I´m counting the minutes to playtest this new version...

cheers!

Hey, this looks excellent. I really enjoyed the STALKER series and if I could I would like to play test this for you. Thank you and nice work.

I've just watched your blowout videos, nice work!

I went on something completely different with mines, might upload a video if you wanna look at it. ;)

I worked a bit more on my project, and I think we will end up exploring totally different aspects of the STALKER franchise : I think I'm gonna base the whole thing on the movie (mixed with some elements of the games, obviously).

Anyway, can't wait to see how the public release is going to be!

Thanks Roadkill, will send you the next test candidate!

Pepe Hal, the more I work on it the more I have the feeling mine will go into the direction of the "Roadside Picnic". I'm trying to create a game mechanic where players will have to work together to achieve things instead of ripping each other off as in DayZ. More hazard zones and anomalies are in the making. And yes, please share a vid so we can see what you are doing!

I'm also excited I could win a friend to create an original score, replacing the not so legal OSTs at the moment.

Oh, free to redistribute? Cool, I have to keep that in mind, thanks!

@Topic: When will we be able to playtest the next version? :)

Does it say free redistribute? It's just free download afaik.

@IndeedPete: I've been out for the whole weekend so there's no other progress than a lot of new ideas. There's at least one retouch of the hazard script I would please like you to look into, before releasing the next version. Also I've still not included the weapon replacement since using mods threw me back with a few things lately. Will send you a seperate mail with more details. Thanks everybody for your ongoing interest. Hope to post at least some new footage soon.

Okay, feel free to do so, I'm on stand-by! ;)

Added a new video of the FREEZER anomaly in front of the Altis nuclear power plant.

If your not lucky and run into this anomaly your character will be frozen in awe until somebody is waking him up. Anomalies can be detected by throwing chemlights into them.

Does it say free redistribute? It's just free download afaik.

You're right; I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that is is the case though. Will try to find the article!

EDIT : Nice job on the anomaly!

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Update : I was wrong T_T

Seems that Stalker OST isn't free to redistribute; I was probably mislead by this mod for Fallout3 (the author says that "GSC Gameworld freely allows distribution of their content" but doesn't link anything to prove it).