Sign in to follow this  
typhoontiger

[WIP] MCU-2/P gas mask

Hey guys just showing progress on the MCU-2/P gas mask I have been working on. After seeing some other models of the mask I decided to try to replicate my own. With some help of course. Still need to optimize the model and the nose cup needs to be fixed. (Player model nose clips through model) Perfect for Spec ops or SWAT. Heck even Russian KGB agents. Here are some pics!

2014-03-14_00003_zpsa48834bf.jpg

2014-03-14_00002_zps6560e156.jpg

• Like 1

This is looking nice. Does it have the head covering with it as well and is it a glasses item?

Yes it does and it is in the glasses category, I'll take a picture of the mask on a plain head soon. And thanks!

• Like 1

Good idea, in fact it can be used even by conventional soldiers, do you remember the first days of the invasion of Iraq that the Allied forces were afraid of gas attacks and made drills.

You will have to create also gas grenades / artillery.

iraq-glasses.jpg

• Like 1

There is actually an M40 gas mask that can be used from Cunico's hidden identity pack. Highly recommended. Creating gas grenades and artillery can be a pain. I'd like to get the mask to you guys first, then maybe I'll work on features like that.

Loved *-* can anyone explain me how to make my own mod pack ...sometimes the files from the same authors come with the same names...so if i tried to make a gun pack... robert hammer mods would be hard..... and the keys...how to use the keys in a folder without having to replace them? i want to know to be able to have more mods like this beauty here *---*

Here are some more WIP pics. Still haven't fixed the textures, honestly probably wont because I'm the worst at it. if anyone would want to help out on that PM me. Thanks for the feedback, small but appreciated:) Sorry if pics don't show up on the post, just right click and open them in a new tab.

2014-07-07_00003_zpsde81d731.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

2014-07-07_00002_zpsce690ea5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

2014-07-07_00001_zps990b7879.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Ckrauslo, there are a lot of tutorials on the internet you can look at that can help you out with what you're looking to do.

Edited by TYPHOONTIGER
Pictures not showing up

Great work on this gas mask buddy ! :)

This is great! Perhaps Masaketsu could make a first person overlay for these in our UI2 mod! You should check it out, tell us if you're interested :)

Thanks for the positive comments guys! You're awesome! Zooloo I am interested actually. PM me when you can

Your links. They are broken.

A sad day comes across the land.

Your links. They are broken.

A sad day comes across the land.

Look up, they are fixed:)

:459: Nice progress !!

Could you do the gas mask that has a complete head protection like a balaclava

That's possible but you could just use a balaclava from an addon for that. I have very little time on my hands as it is right now. I'll see what I can do.

Here's some more WIP shots. Everything is working great, nose cup is fixed only thing that I can't seem to get working is the textures in game.t hey show up in the player configuration in the main menu but not in the game itself. If anyone could help me out on that, that would be great.

2014-07-12_00003_zps18d37e09.jpg

2014-07-12_00002_zps0eb200c6.jpg

2014-07-12_00004_zpsf4ec36a8.jpg

Looking good as usual Typhoon :)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late update guys. Have been gone for a while. Still being worked on although I'm considering releasing it now. The only problem would be the textures. Still can't figure out why they're so dark in game.

That's cool! Could you modify smoke grenades to act as different kinds of gas grenades? Just a general query to whether its possible or not.

Nice work.

Honestly wish I could. However there is a tear gas script that I can put into a demo mission on release and you can add that script to whatever mission you would like!

That's cool! Could you modify smoke grenades to act as different kinds of gas grenades? Just a general query to whether its possible or not.

Nice work.

hey typhoon, i've sent you a PM, your issue is most likely an RVmat problem. just add me i'll try to help. take care bro.

Well, I know this topic is 2 years old but I´m searching for this certain mask like one week and only found this one, another on armaholic (no release...)
and someone on Steam workshop, who mentions the mask in his pack but put a wrong mask into it [such a let down...]
Are you still planning a release or have a link to it?

I personally own the mask and really identify myself in games where I can put it on ^^
(specially since Battlefield 3 RU Engineer times, but got the mask before)
Thanks in advance for any help

Greetings from Germany

Well, I know this topic is 2 years old but I´m searching for this certain mask like one week and only found this one, another on armaholic (no release...)

and someone on Steam workshop, who mentions the mask in his pack but put a wrong mask into it [such a let down...]

Are you still planning a release or have a link to it?

I personally own the mask and really identify myself in games where I can put it on ^^

(specially since Battlefield 3 RU Engineer times, but got the mask before)

Thanks in advance for any help

Greetings from Germany

Look up the AVON FM12 Respirator mod for a high-quality gas mask.