Sign in to follow this  
redarmy

FPS with armour or vehicles

Does anyone have any advice on improving performance when using vehicles in this game?

My frames drop with a modest amount of tanks in the scenario.

Im even cacheing/spawning them in.

It seems that i cant have more than one group of tanks vs another without fps taking a huge hit.

Can anyone tell me from top to bottom,what impacts fps most in arma3,as in objects/units vehicles placed down etc.

I dont have a terrible rig-

Phenom 2 955 with 3.2GHZ and a GTX650ti boost,Running with ALL the tips out there to improve performance.Even using tbb malloc only helps so much.

Is there something im missing?

Have you tried ZBE_Caching? Also, maybe try lowering particle effect quality.

Have you tried ZBE_Caching? Also, maybe try lowering particle effect quality.

Im actually already using the editor spawn script by murkspawn.It works fantastically,but again,trying to have a somewhat large (ala kursk) battle,cant be helped by cacheing.

My particles are 0,and just deleted blastcore to boot :(

I dont have a terrible rig-

Phenom 2 955 with 3.2GHZ and a GTX650ti boost,Running with ALL the tips out there to improve performance.Even using tbb malloc only helps so much.

I'm sorry but that actually is pretty terrible.

Just a shot in the dark, but you arnt using Picture In picture are you?

I'm sorry but that actually is pretty terrible.

Not really.I can run skyrim,battlefield 3/4, even Company of heroes 2,well above 60 fps.

I dont put anything on this pc that isnt needed for gaming really.

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

Just a shot in the dark, but you arnt using Picture In picture are you?

Its on low.

Does it still cause frames to drop if im not actually looking at the pip?

Hmm never thought of that.

Not really.I can run skyrim,battlefield 3/4, even Company of heroes 2,well above 60 fps.

I dont put anything on this pc that isnt needed for gaming really.

Well neither of those games loads a 270m^2 map and millions of objects at the same time. You have a shitty hard drive, that's why your fps is low in cities. Why? Because there's so much more objects in cities having to be loaded simultaneously.

And you having an low tier AMD processor doesn't make it any better. ARMA needs a shit ton of processing power for the shitty coded obsolete AI.

Well neither of those games loads a 270m^2 map and millions of objects at the same time. You have a shitty hard drive, that's why your fps is low in cities. Why? Because there's so much more objects in cities having to be loaded simultaneously.

And you having an low tier AMD processor doesn't make it any better. ARMA needs a shit ton of processing power for the shitty coded obsolete AI.

Yes thats true,but dosent object detail lowered,and thus not extending to a large city while out in the open(as im testing now with vehicles)stop that stuff trying to load/render in some way?

When im not flying,i turn scene complexity down to 100000 from default 200000.

And as a result,can have a 60ish infantry firefight in large towns (with bcombat) with playable frames.

My issue is that vehicles are bogging my fps down and dont know why.

As the other guy just mentioned with pip,il try disable it totally see if it helps.

What processer is recommended for arma3?

My issue is that vehicles are bogging my fps down and dont know why.

As the other guy just mentioned with pip,il try disable it totally see if it helps.

What processer is recommended for arma3?

If it isn't the PiP as already mentioned it might be the physx simulation affecting as it is run by the processor as well. Until Bohemia fixes the poor performance on AMD processors I recommend Intel processors with hyper threading or overclocked to over 4Ghz. For example Core i7 4790K with hyper threading or Core i5 4690K without.