Sign in to follow this  
evromalarkey

ASCZ Custom Post-process Effects

Version: 1.0

Picture:

xaznzmB.jpg

Description:

I once did a mission on Takistan and I missed the old A2 Takistan colors. So I made this little mod which adds few new post-process effects into editor and zeus modules. This mod also aims to make look of some other maps in Arma 3 even better.

You can find out the post-process effects in modules (category Environment). That applies for editor and zeus. So you can either set your coloring for a mission or change it on the fly with zeus.

List of new post-process effects:

- Middle East (Takistan-like coloring)

- Real Is Brown 2 (One of default coloring, but tweaked)

- Nightstalkers (Namalsk-like coloring)

- Gray Tone (Namalsk-like coloring)

- Cold Tone (Namalsk-like coloring)

more will come soon in next versions.

If you want to make your own coloring you are free to contribute, take a look here - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Post_process_effects

Then you can post your values here and if they are good I will gladly add them into mod.

Curret values in script form:

[b]Middle East[/b]
"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [0.9, 1, 0, [0.1, 0.1, 0.1, -0.1], [1, 1, 0.8, 0.528],  [1, 0.2, 0, 0]];
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;

[b]Real Is Brown 2[/b]
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0.1,0.2,0.3,-0.3],[1,1,1,0.5],[0.5,0.2,0,1]];

[b]Nightstalkers[/b]
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1.1, 0.0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [1.0,0.7, 0.6, 0.60], [0.200, 0.600, 0.100, 0.0]];

[b]Gray Tone[/b]
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1.0, 1.0, 0.0,[1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.0],[1.0, 1.0, 0.9, 0.35],[0.3,0.3,0.3,-0.1]];

[b]Cold Tone[/b]
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1.0, 1.0, 0.0,[0.2, 0.2, 1.0, 0.0],[0.4, 0.75, 1.0, 0.60],[0.5,0.3,1.0,-0.1]];

Download:

@ascz_postprocess.png news_download_a3_3.png 10xbsy0.jpg

or Dropbox

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Nice. Now something that feels like a different planet and all my dreams are satisfied. Forever.

Edited by Serza

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great little addon, thanks for this EvroMalarkey. Adds a little spice to the Arma maps.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@ascz_postprocess.png

@ EvroMalarkey;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Can you please give a little instruction on how to use it? As from the screenshot it seems to be used from Zeus. How can you use it from the mission editor or description.ext?

Thx

Can you please give a little instruction on how to use it? As from the screenshot it seems to be used from Zeus. How can you use it from the mission editor or description.ext?

Thx

It's probably a module.

Anyway, a button on the options menu ( like AGM did ) or simply a custom key to show up the menu ingame could be amazing. So one could change his colors on the fly, during a mission. I'm sure you can see the potential interest for videomakers and stuff like that.

As for post-process effects, i do have one that heavily reminds me of ArmA 2 tones :

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.4, 0, [0.8,0.9,1,-0.1], [1,1,1,1.66], [-0.5,0,-1,5]];

Feel free to use them.

Edited by Drakenof

Thx

You can find out the post-process effects in modules (category Environment). That applies for editor and zeus. So you can either set your coloring for a mission or change it on the fly with zeus.

It's probably a module.

Anyway, a button on the options menu ( like AGM did ) or simply a custom key to show up the menu ingame could be amazing. So one could change his colors on the fly, during a mission. I'm sure you can see the potential interest for videomakers and stuff like that.

As for post-process effects, i do have one that heavily reminds me of ArmA 2 tones :

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.4, 0, [0.8,0.9,1,-0.1], [1,1,1,1.66], [-0.5,0,-1,5]];

Feel free to use them.

You can actually change colors on the fly through Zeus and yes you're right custom key could be handy. And thanks for the Arma 2 tones, I will add them in the next update.

@Foxhound, @Sonsalt thanks for the mirrors!

Edited by EvroMalarkey

A big thanks for this. I've always preferred the look of Arma 2 over Arma 3 (although the Arma 3 default colours are more accurate, they feel very flat and un-atmospheric, especially for war zones/battles). Real is Brown 2 is perfect for Takistan (although I haven't tried it on Chernarus yet).

How did you get a look so similar to Arma 2? Was it simply trial and error or did you pull the values from the Arma 2 files?

cool !

could you maybe post the scripted part for every effect ?

Like:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [], [], [];

So mission designer can use them without using another mod ?

A big thanks for this. I've always preferred the look of Arma 2 over Arma 3 (although the Arma 3 default colours are more accurate, they feel very flat and un-atmospheric, especially for war zones/battles). Real is Brown 2 is perfect for Takistan (although I haven't tried it on Chernarus yet).

How did you get a look so similar to Arma 2? Was it simply trial and error or did you pull the values from the Arma 2 files?

It was rather trial and error, I had image of Takistan on other monitor and I was trying to get the best values ingame, to make it the same.

cool !

could you maybe post the scripted part for every effect ?

So mission designer can use them without using another mod ?

Will do, I will update the first post later with them.

Thanks for this, just a question though - how do you find it ingame like you have in the screenshot? :)

It's module in Zeus, category Environment>Post-process

Yup, missed that part - thanks :)

Sorry for bumping this thread, but ivé just imported dayz´s chernarus into arma 3 and find the "cold touch" filter suits very well for it.

Tho i wish i could modify it with some more contrast and a little less blue.

I tried to unpack your PBO but couldn't access the filters...

Is there any way i can fiddle with the filters value myself?

Would really appreciate it

PS i remember that there was someone who made an addon for arma 2 where you could change the values ingame with sliders. That was awesome :dj:

Holly Molly, how did I miss this mod?

Thanks Evro!