Sign in to follow this  
starstreams

Winter maps not for resistance? is this true

I just read that winter maps do not work with Resistance? I’ve be working with Winter_Everon which happens to be one of the most beautiful looking maps in my opinion.

http://starstreams3.tripod.com/armcar_in.htm

http://starstreams3.tripod.com/road1.htm

http://starstreams3.tripod.com/snap045.htm

Will this eventually be fixed so all the winter maps will be useable in Resistance? because this is not sounding cool at all.

sweeeeeeet...

Hail Kegetys! King of all things wintery...

Hello Kegetys

First I just want to say, I encourage all your work with these winter versions, please and I repeat please keep up the great work!

Them shots you posted look beautiful btw.

The only problem I noted in Winter Kolgujev in OFP version 1.46 and RedHammer is that a lot of the trees don’t make sound when you run them over with tanks, sometimes they don’t even drop.

Anyway, if I were to use Winter Kolgujev in a multiplayer map, how would that work? I guess what I don’t really understand right now is, I always thought a map was just a blank textured model to put stuff on,  I mean what would cause an empty map with out a mission added yet to not work in Resistance?

You're a cruel cruel man Mr. Etys biggrin.gif

Cmon Kegetys, you know you want to release it. Go ahead, admit it. Btw, is that ice just a new water skin or does it actually act like sheet ice (no boats that is)

OFPCWC?

Why couldn't they still use it if you released it?

OFPCWC=

Operation

Flash

Point

Cold

War

Crisis

or OFP without Resistance for that matter

I was under the impression that the Cold War Crisis ended with Guba's arrest confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 07 2002,03:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was under the impression OFPCWC was no more because none of the team did any work on it anymore?<span id='postcolor'>

And I think thats the reason why BIS doesn't want to see ppl upgrading OFPCWC with Nogova (Winter Version or not) without owning Resistance.

At least thats how I understood Kegs remarks, AFAIK he asked them if its OK to release it and they said no. But I could have misunderstood something.

I myself haven't seen a official statement about releasing modified Resitance Units/Vehicles/Island, but I wouldn't release anything like Winter Nogova (or the reskinned Hokum discussed in another thread) until I have someone from BIS or CM telling me that it's OK.

Ahhh I see now, hmm well I bought Resistance so he can send me it smile.gif

more i think about it, more i'm convinced that Kegetys's choice was right.

OFPR consists of new island, graphics engine, network code, and new missions.

If Kegety releases WNogova, then someone can retexture so that it looks like regular Nogova(or close to it). that cuts some reasons to pay for OFPR.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ July 07 2002,07:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) Will the old OFP engine support an island of that size?

2) Will the old OFP engine support an island with the more detailed textures?

Pity not to have winter and jungle versions of Nogova. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

1) i think it's possible. In one thread SUMA explained that since 1.46 there has been (partial) support for bigger maps. just that memory allocation has to be greater. But since 1.46 supported partially, while OFPR fully, I don't know if there will be some sort of conflict.

2)i think so too. since OFR(original) has similiar graphic engine, I think WNogova can be used as long as the necessary pbo files are given(like new trees and castles and buildings) just that i guess it'll look bad compared what can be achieved in OFPR.

these are my guess, with help from my old friend, glue tounge.gif

I hope that BIS gives us some intructions how to modify the addons to work ONLY in Resistance. I mean make the addons so that you can't use them in normal OFP even if you "hack" the addon.

So bassically it's just be a snowy version of hte new island without any of the new houses and stuctures and such, just tree? How many people would want that? not many, which would amke it ok to release it (ok ok I REALLY want it)

Kegetys is it possible to add that ice feature to existing Winter islands? That would be nice little addition to Winter Kolgujev.

fortune.gif

I have the feeling I will never get resistance anyway (at the rate codemasters is going), so what is the use of addons I can't use smile.gif

I’m not sure where you live in the US but I’m in Chicago, Resistance was pushed back to July 10th so I’m sure you should see it in stores around that time

That’s a good point Blackdog, and anyway: if anyone doesn’t buy Resistance in the first place they are not a true die hard which I fide hard to believe since this is the most kick a$$ game on the planet as fare as I'm concerned.

==

Btw, Kegetys.

Would you happen to know why some of the trees are not being knocked down in Winter_Everon_v1.2? I think this map I have is By: I-DOE-I.

Anyway 90% of the trees do not make a sound when you run into them with tanks and they don’t even fall. Some of the bushes make a sound and crush but not all of them, is this something wrong in the code? Or is there an easy fix?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ July 07 2002,20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just noticed something... the OLD OFP engine doesnt support elevators or opening doors.<span id='postcolor'>

Elevators?

Sure, you can enter the elevators (by opening the doors to them), but then you have to climb the ladder...

Or am I so stupid that I haven't found out how to use them?

Eviscerator has reminded me something else. If you use the new version of the config.cpp in the addon, it still won't work on OFPR. You could make it read only too, which would confuse some.

Most people don't even know how to config.cpp edit or even get into the addons, so I don't see any reason why it would be illegal/not work out right.

As for the elevator doors, I just heard about them in a post, I don't have resistance yet (*crys*).

so if we ever get a winter wonderland wouldnt it be nice a some talented individual came up with some ski`s smile.gif