Sign in to follow this  
Mike2020mike

Create Niko Bellic's War story in Arma 2

I had a flash of inspiration as I was playing GTA IV. Niko always has references to "The War", so it got me thinking... someone could create a playable mission/campaign in Arma 2 to model Niko's story of "The War", just fill in the blanks with realistic ideas. "The War" could be the Chernarussian Civil War, and Niko could be from one of the villages in Chernarus.

What does anyone think of this idea? It would take someone much more skilled than me in Arma 2 scripting to make this idea come to life. Anyone up for the challenge?

I'd definitely look forward to a campaign like this as well.

It's been a while though since GTA IV, About 6 years already...Time flies.

Do you happen to know any more references Niko says about the War? Any hints or facts that people can use for the mission?

I'll accept this, as I soon have some free time on my hands. I will be using the ACE modification (and its dependencies, but nothing more) to create this, and may make a non-ACE one if people would want it and I have the time to do so.

I'll create it as one or two SP missions and perhaps a MP edition later on, yet again depending on the amount of time I have.

I cannot promise to have it done within a week, as I have an ArmA II unit that I spend most my time on running, but I'll try to get it done within this month at least. Otherwise I'll release my unfinished work for others to finish, but only assuming the odds are totally against me.

If you have any additional ideas, post them in this thread so I could possibly implement them.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

So the idea takes off! Thanks PhonicStudios/Sanchez for accepting the task of bringing this mission to life. This thread shall remain open until the mission/campaign is complete.

'The War' would basically be any mod referencing to the former Yugoslavia war.

'The War' would basically be any mod referencing to the former Yugoslavia war.

True, but I am looking for "The War" from Niko Bellic's perspective.

It's something I've been working on all day yesterday, I figured I'd give the mission a somewhat cinematic intro sequence, which I guess, you could also see as a teaser for the mission/campaign.

Still actively working on it ;)

P.S. All cinematics & music are in-game, I did barely any editing outside the game.

edit (26/07/14):

I am dealing with some IRL issues now, which means this project is on hold. I'll work on it again somewhere in August, sorry.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

How is progress going?

Haha, I was looking back at this two days ago, I wish I have the time to finish it but unfortunately I do not.

I'm quite active making videos, managing my unit and creating missions for it, I don't want to keep up false hope that I can complete this.

I reinstalled my Windows but I managed to find the original mission file, I wasn't even close to completing it, all I had done was the intro sequence, mission briefing, a system for going to bed (which may not be complete).

All in all, I tried but lack of time and interest (for ArmA 2 in general) made me drop this.

I uploaded this crude, development version if anyone is interested to continue this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23922015/TheWarEP1.Chernarus.rar

Sorry Mike :(

Kind regards,

Sanchez