Sign in to follow this  
MaxiWilliam

revamped the CSAT PLZ !! :(

Do you want Revamped CSAT skin outfit  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Revamped CSAT skin outfit

• Yes we want !!!
    • No

I see in the Dev Branch you revamped the FIA and now look so amazing (My opinion) But plz do the same for the CSAT plz .... That mech armor its very bad .... Add real military skin cloth the stuff are good but the only wrong thing its the helmet and metalik glove and neck i just want to see real skin soldier and no futurist skin ... Thx so mutch !! And keep going you do great work :D !!!!

Edited by MaxiWilliam

There's a CSAT replacement pack on the forum, makes them look much more normal.

This has nothing to do with the dev branch. Moved to general.

Edited by MadDogX

There's a CSAT replacement pack on the forum, makes them look much more normal.

Yup, it's a very good pack.

Although could be cool if BI add a new human uniform for CSAT ( it doesn't have to be a replacement if they don't want ).

That or paint CSAT soldiers green and with ant eyes. But this half sci-fi it's too weird.

Give them Greek Cloth? LOL, know your factions. the AAF are Greek. CSAT composes of Iran/China/Russia. No Greek cloth for them. Although, if BI were to make a new uniform for CSAT to make up for how they should have been since the whole... failed alien thing, it would be whole heatedly welcomed by the Community. (There's a story behind it) But, it would be nice to see CSAT wearing normal Modern uniforms from Iran, of course with the existing HEX pattern.

Honestly, CSAT is pretty awesome with how they are. It's actually worth playing OPFOR, and all the cool tech they have makes them stand out from your average soldier. It's the future. What do you think a world superpower would have by then?

I would've been surprised that NATO didn't have Future Warrior system already going. Then again, in 2035 all Western economies are screwed apparently, so I guess the makers of it would've had to seek business elsewhere. Although, it's worth noting everything CSAT has except the Kajman exists IRL in some form or fashion.

Maybe CSAT should've done what Google did with Google Glass and ask Rayban to design their stuff. Or pull a Hitler and have Hugo Boss do it!

CSAT skeletor uniforms and helmets just aren't working, every time I see them in game I shake my head in disappointment, I agree with the OP.

I think the CSAT armor is fine the way it is. It's refreshing, seeing some good thinking outside the box (as BI has obviously done). It gets tiresome just seeing typical looking military units all the time, and I think BI has done a great thing mixing it up a little.

As a side note, try to use good grammar in your posts. If english isn't your first language that's different, but using words like "plz" and "thx" instead of "please" and "thanks" makes your post seem much less professional. Using good grammar will make people respect your opinion more! Just some friendly advice.

I would've been surprised that NATO didn't have Future Warrior system already going. Then again, in 2035 all Western economies are screwed apparently, so I guess the makers of it would've had to seek business elsewhere. Although, it's worth noting everything CSAT has except the Kajman exists IRL in some form or fashion.

Maybe CSAT should've done what Google did with Google Glass and ask Rayban to design their stuff. Or pull a Hitler and have Hugo Boss do it!

At this point, Future Force Warrior looks like "just give them a cell phone with some maps on it." Even if I'd like to see some more tech, because I like the future. It's gonna be a good time.

I think the CSAT armor is fine the way it is. It's refreshing, seeing some good thinking outside the box (as BI has obviously done). It gets tiresome just seeing typical looking military units all the time, and I think BI has done a great thing mixing it up a little.

Until now, OFP/Arma series has based their games in simulate more or less the reality ( or the past ).

Adding crazy sci fi, like the CSAT uniforms that have not been based in actual systems ( besides that would be really uncomfortable ) it's not refreshing it's a bit shameful.

To imagine how it's gonna be the US Army in 20 years, just check how it was 20 years ago, and how much ( or not ) has changed; you can even compare it with post WWII.

Edited by MistyRonin

Until now, OFP/Arma series has based their games in simulate more or less the reality ( or the past ).

Adding crazy sci fi, like the CSAT uniforms that have not been based in actual systems ( besides that would be really uncomfortable ) it's not refreshing it's a bit shameful.

To imagine how it's gonna be the US Army in 20 years, just check how it was 20 years ago, and how much ( or not ) has changed; you can even compare it with post WWII.

I would disagree with that. All new groundbreaking technologies the army of any country has right now are usually classified. That's why it seems that the army is still in 1990th - you don't have clearance to know about new stuff. Which certainly is there - see Bin Laden story and MH-X (currently A3 Ghosthawk), or railgun naval tests, or news about laser point defence systems.

To get a real picture you need to compare 1990th army with 1970th. And that's A LOT of changes.

If anything, ArmA 3 should have much much more advanced stuff than currently. It's no "sci-fi" at all, it's actually severely lagging behind.

Edited by DarkWanderer

I would've been surprised that NATO didn't have Future Warrior system already going.

Don't forget that the NATO troops on Altis are supposed to be draftees that aren't on the front line, so naturally they wouldn't have been given the best equipment for peacekeeping duty. The CSAT troops on the other hand are supposed to be an elite brigade, hence their Land Warrior/Ratnik-hybrid helmets and exoskeleton uniforms.

The expansion will probably show what the better equipped U.S. infantry look and they will likely have the FFW stuff that would make them look more respectable. Same goes for CSAT having less nanosuit-looking (but still futuristic) gear as this will be for their front line units and not special forces.

Edited by drebin052

To get a real picture you need to compare 1990th army with 1970th. And that's A LOT of changes.

In fact most of the equipment we have nowadays it's nothing more than evolution of the end WW2 stuff. Even the Third Reich used UGV and UAVs ( also night vision, assault rifles, jets, infrared, intelligent bombs etc. ).

If even nowadays one of the main APC of the US Army is the M113 that is from the 60s. Or the C130 Hercules that is from the 50s, the Abrams tank was designed in the 70s. The Chinook that has been used so widely in Afghanistan ( and is still being used ), its from the 60s too. The AR15 which is the M4 father is from the 50s too, and the M4 its now the main US rifle. The MRAP design is from the 80s. And a long etc.

So basically what you can see now in active will be 80-90% of what's gonna be in the next 20 years at least.

Edited by MistyRonin

In fact most of the equipment we have nowadays it's nothing more than evolution of the end WW2 stuff. Even the Third Reich used UGV and UAVs ( also night vision, assault rifles, jets, infrared, intelligent bombs etc. ).

If even nowadays one of the main APC of the US Army is the M113 that is from the 60s. Or the C130 Hercules that is from the 50s, the Abrams tank was designed in the 70s. The Chinook that has been used so widely in Afghanistan ( and is still being used ), its from the 60s too. The AR15 which is the M4 father is from the 50s too, and the M4 its now the main US rifle. The MRAP design is from the 80s. And a long etc.

So basically what you can see now in active will be 80-90% of what's gonna be in the next 20 years at least.

So, Nazis also used radar-guided SAM missiles, ECM, satellite uplinks, laser anti-missile systems?

Also, evolution doesn't imply it's all the same. It's like saying HK416 is no different from Mosin-Nagant 1913 because both shoot bullets. I hope you won't object that modern NATO soldier is equipped a lot better than WW2 one - take for example personal armor.

And yes, Abrams was designed on 1970th - but no one knew about it until 1980+. F-22 was started in 1980s yet became widely known only in 2000+. (I hope you won't also say that F-22 is merely an evolution of WW2 tech). modern UAVs were tongue-in-cheek used in Kosovo - yet made it to public news only in 2005+.

No one knows what is in works now. In 20 years people would say "we have same tech we had in 2000th", forgetting that mandatory military secrecy period. I can bet money that in 2035 there would be at least 3 US Navy ships with railguns.

It's all the same only if you don't follow the news.

Edited by DarkWanderer

I think the only thing that has to be changed with CSAT are the helmets. With normal helmets they are actually looking like people and not like some alien-bugs from another planet:

<a  href=2014-07-04_00002_zpsad99c73f.jpg' alt='2

Maybe the gloves too... not sure how realistic they are (I see a little bit of space-age looking HSLD gear recently) but they most definitely stand out.

i think chest rig, a lite version of the helmet for recon force plus some cap on the urban camo

10339310_10204222972759617_576122965857350667_o.jpg

I think the only thing that has to be changed with CSAT are the helmets.

The worst thing IMO is the steampunk thing in their shoulders/neck, then the globes, and after all the helmets. The helmets, just removing the wire should be more or less fine ( a la GRU ).

mos10.jpg

You know that "globe" is part of their Body Cooling suit system under their uniform (probably China made) and those gloves are just a futuristic to those NATO ones

btw look at NATO pilot and CSAT pilot then spot the difference :D

Edited by RobertHammer

I think fewer people would complain about the CSAT uniform itself if the neck and gloves were retextured to something like a 'membrane' material, such as you can see at the bottom of the CSAT shirt.

Like this.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

It's perfectly feasible technology. The black parts are an undersuit, not part of the uniform. The camo uniform is just pulled over the thermal camouflage suit. By 2030 this would be state of the art, Nato is the one being completely backwards. They even still use 2010s era google-glass type combat goggles and uniforms, vests and helmets.

The TCCU (Thermal Camouflage Combat Uniform) is comprised (as far as I can discern) from an undersuit with a heat transfer system, an insulating layer, and an armored top layer (this is why they do not wear heavy plate vests, their undersuit already provides basic protection all over.). The heat transfer system also doubles as a climate system to manage the soldiers body temperature under stress, at all environmental conditions. The Vents on the back of the Uniform are part of the heat sink and climate control unit, drawing in cooling air and expelling heated air from the climate system. The materials used are not made of fabric but of plastics because of their insulating capacity.

Over that they wear a mixed-material, light camouflage suit made for basic protection against the elements, but mostly to provide camouflage. It is made to not trap air anywhere around the body, since air trapped between the suit and the undersuit would heat through residual heat transferred at especially close fitting joints. Because of this, it would likely be useless on its own, since all it would do is keep out water, but not protect from wind and cold.

The helmet is fitted with an integrated camera both as a means to enforce soldierly conduct (Since no soldier can use his uniform with his helmet disconnected or unless provided with a key, which the soldiers wearing caps likely have. This activates the control unit at the neck. Usually the helmet would allow control of the uniforms climate control and camo functions via eye movements and voice command.) and especially to provide commanders with better means to control their units and figure out the situation on the battlefield. The eyepieces are both sunscreen and HUD devices. The connection from the helmet to the uniform doubles as a power cord and data transfer cable.

At least, that's my interpretation of the uniforms design. Nothing in there is impossible today, and while expensive, probably state of the art in 25 years time. It only took 6 years for smartphones to almost completely replace classic mobile phones. The Design looks wild, but nobody cares about looks on the battlefield, as long as it works.

It only took 6 years for smartphones to almost completely replace classic mobile phones. The Design looks wild, but nobody cares about looks on the battlefield, as long as it works.

That's why for instance the SS asked Hugo Boss to design their uniforms. To attract more recruits.

But you are right, uniforms must be comfortable and pragmatic, that's one of the main points in which the CSAT uniform fails. It would be really annoying and uncomfortable to wear that metallic steampunk stuff. Try to roll in the floor with something like that, or to carry heavy rucksacks, go through water, mud, snow, etc.

If nowadays vests are already a bit clunky, which make that soldiers remove parts of them ( losing protection or capabilities ), after all what all soldiers want is to have light equipment that doesn't disturb their mobility. Again, just the opposite of the CSAT design.

Not to talk about the weather, in hot places that would be hell and dehydrate the soldiers, and in cold environments it would keep any piece of snow inside, etc.

Basically it's the anti-uniform.

I think everyone gets and understands it's feasible technology, its just they look like how everyone sees them.. Bug aliens! So they just feel somewhat out of context with everything, especially when Nato who should be more advanced still look contemporary, we are only a few decades into the future.