Sign in to follow this  
LuLeBe

Bootcamp / VR Discussion (dev branch)

I really liked the mini-campaign especially the first mission - I would like to know if it is somehow possible to use those really cool 3d "pixel" effects of soldiers appearing/spawning?

Regarding the VR training lessons I got blackscreens in all missions but It can be fixed by simply hitting "Retry" before each training which will reset mission and fix the problem.

Edited by danny96

Happened to me too, the first time I was running mods and restarted two times and it didn't help, at the third time I restarted the game to no mods, restarted the mission and done it successfully.

Thanks, that worked. I have a pretty extensive mod list so i didnt go through mod by mod to find the conflicting ones.

No one else got the wrong co-ords ,for placing marker on the map? I was told 066-160 and kept getting yelled however we were at 067-166..

Yep, the other coords later in that mission was one grid off as well. When the officer confirms the position of the lost soldiers.

Just finished. That was f*ckin cool. Well polished and only 1 cheap moment of squaddie invincibility! Besides that, you guys have been seriously busy with this whole VR thing. Bootcamp got me fired up enough to play the full campaign as I never finished 2 or touched 3.

I believe VR training could use more detailed instructions in hints for a complete beginner. A lot of time I had a feeling it is not step-by-step enough (I am not a beginner, just saying).

The mod that made the shooting range not work for me was CBA. Finished the mini campaign, glorious! Really gives you a sense of how badly things went down the drain prior to the Stratis incident. I hope that the end of adapt and then win will be great too, because I completely restarted my campaign to get the benefit of the new gear selection options and the fatigue system.

The return of the company makes me want to go back to TOH and play the campaign to the finish. My PC will possibly be able to take the game now. The VR system has a couple of bugs right now, for example none of the start screen text in the tests show up. The VR training missions are also way too short. The material penetration system is complex, at least for rifle, and it would need to be shown off better than by lowering a wooden board in front of your target.

Played bootcamp and VR now i dont want to be ashole but i cant kill shit because of fatigue and weapon sway can we please get bipods in arma 3 vanila. Not a request but who ever tested it it will admit that it is damn hard,

i runned until my character slowed down drasticaly and weapon was moving like crazy when i was looking true scope, coudnt hit one target with holding breath and rest of i need to take out with the prone..

It is realy dificult to do it!

Played bootcamp and VR now i dont want to be ashole but i cant kill shit because of fatigue and weapon sway can we please get bipods in arma 3 vanila. Not a request but who ever tested it it will admit that it is damn hard,

i runned until my character slowed down drasticaly and weapon was moving like crazy when i was looking true scope, coudnt hit one target with holding breath and rest of i need to take out with the prone..

It is realy dificult to do it!

It should be difficult to hit targets after running to the point of slowing down drastically. That said, I highly recommend using VTS weapon resting mod until BIS implements their own solution.

Just finished the bootcamp campaign, all I have to say is that the missions were brilliantly written and executed. Hope to see more of this.

Loving it all so far, just hope for some more apparel and weapons to use with the virtual arsenal and whatnot. Perhaps an expansion on the side mission system that's in the first two chapters of the main campaign?

Just do like in real life, run from cover to cover, once in a cover wait to recover a bit and then shoot. The good part, is that in the game you don't destroy your knees as in real life.

Just do like in real life, run from cover to cover, once in a cover wait to recover a bit and then shoot. The good part, is that in the game you don't destroy your knees as in real life.

Well, a "drop on both knees" move would be actually much useful in ArmA...

Edited by DarkWanderer

Really enjoyed the campaign, it was up there with Portal in terms of player instruction and motivation which is something i don't say lightly. I think Bootcamp and Eagle wing have been some of my favorite Arma single player experiences in a long time, short, well written and visually interesting; and on that note towards the end of the campaign i really loved the lighting, the colors were crisp and varied, is there a color correction function in arma 3 or was this just exceptional weather/time of day planning?

Merlin: Yes, there are post processing effects to change the colour of the scene. It's available to any mission designer, and even Zeus have control over it.

Text in bottom section of the hints gets mixed up with the fatigue / speed / etc tab.

While aiming (RBM) it is impossible to view the compass - the hint should mention that (got me confused for a while).

Edited by Faire

Well, it was extremely short and with many cutscenes, but other than that I liked it a lot.

Nice little mini campaign, the only bug was in the second mission "common denominator".

When told to shoot the distant targets where Sgt Adams reads out compass bearings and distances, if you're too slow he reminds you and then finally points it out to you. The task that is creates has "Str_A3_bootcamp bla bla" or something similar. Applies to all three distant targets.

Hope we see more Conway in the future.

he's in the main campaign...

he's your squad leader when you first get to Maxwell. for me, he died on the Blackfoot Down mission :(

The walls of the big VR block objects are partially not solid so that you can walk through them into the objects (isn't it possible to avoid such more or less obvious/cognizable bugs?).

How long is the campaign?

Five short missions, it's mostly backstory but it's moderately enjoyable.

Thanks, I'll see then.

Now if we could just get an epilogue, now that would be great. The mini-campaign was actually pretty good, and did an alright job of explaining what lead up to the campaign though. Maybe now for an epilogue campaign we could get Kerry or some NATO soldier getting a refresher after the events on Altis, operating under the assumption the good ending was the one that happened in the Armaverse.