Sign in to follow this  
LuLeBe

Bootcamp / VR Discussion (dev branch)

Wich is the point. It's a free DLC aimed at introducing noobs into Arma.

i think what he meant was a comprehensive demo of the VR feature itself and not the entire game.

I think that the VR is lacking more options as

"enable Damage "

"no running "

"tracer script "

and more stuff i would love set the VR Map then i enable the tracer script ans begin a CQB training to see how many rounds were shooted,where they hit,when they stop .

That's the principal point for me

I'd love to see BI to flesh out the core game a bit more instead of making a little bit of this, a little bit of that, you get the idea.

Exactly my thoughts. But maybe they are already doing it. Maybe they are using these little bits to create something bigger (you know, a technology developed for something could be used somewhere else etc.).

Exactly my thoughts. But maybe they are already doing it. Maybe they are using these little bits to create something bigger (you know, a technology developed for something could be used somewhere else etc.).

That's what arma is all about, it's been interesting to watch the development of A2 and it's interesting to see where A3 is heading right now, all the good stuff they added like new stances, usable UAVs, video live feeds, new weather, physx for vehicles, it all adds up.

So can we use the unit insignia function on vehicles now? Or is that coming soon? I didn't quite understand the wiki! I did see we can design our own insignia though! Woo! :)

That's what arma is all about, it's been interesting to watch the development of A2 and it's interesting to see where A3 is heading right now, all the good stuff they added like new stances, usable UAVs, video live feeds, new weather, physx for vehicles, it all adds up.

Yes, I agree.

Sorry if Im late to the party but where is the Bootcamp/VR/Arsenal stuff gone? I don't see the options anymore on Dev Build?

Sorry if Im late to the party but where is the Bootcamp/VR/Arsenal stuff gone? I don't see the options anymore on Dev Build?

they're still under "Learn" for me. are you sure you didn't switch back to the 'stable' branch?

I don't have time to read through this thread so sorry if its a double post but it would be a good idea to be able to access the loadout editor inside the mission editor or at least be able to access the exported script from the saved profiles, this would greatly increase the speed at which someone could apply the loadouts of all the units in a mission. It would avoid the annoying need to quit back to the main menu and to get the next loadout from the separate editor.

Another point which has aggravated me all throughout this series of games has been the inability to draw lines on the map (except in ACE or other mods, I can't find one for A3 though) and rotate the compass in order to measure bearings on the map. My aggravation has been brought to a head though with this bootcamp update, with a part of the training showing the player how to triangulate positions on the map using lines and the compass to find the bearing of said line. The joke is, you can't actually draw lines OR rotate the compass on the map in the game. They have drawn the line in the editor and told you the bearing, avoiding putting in this most basic of functions. I am not one to moan, however this set me off lol.

Please can BI read this and implement for the actual bootcamp release. I would be eternally grateful.

(PS I love the loadout editor, for me it works better than LEA and VAS!)

edit:

Just found the FHQ mapdraw mod, great for drawing lines. Just need the compass sorted now ;)

Edited by spitfirefrench

Click export in Virtual Arsenal -> alt + tab -> copy to notepad -> or directly to unit's init in editor -> voilà

well yes of course thats option, it would be nice to not have to keep alt - tabbing and AFAIK, running 2 simultaneous arma 3's cannot be done..

You don't have to run two Arma instances? :confused: Just click "copy", go to editor and Ctrl+V on your unit's init.

Or copy all your stuff to notepad outside the game, and then go to editor and copy it again ;). Thanks BIS for that! Awesome stuff! Now i just need more vanilla weapons ;).

they're still under "Learn" for me. are you sure you didn't switch back to the 'stable' branch?

For I am Lord Froggy, King of the herpaderps.

and AFAIK, running 2 simultaneous arma 3's cannot be done..

Really?

I joined my own LAN game with 2 instances just moments ago.

Really?

I joined my own LAN game with 2 instances just moments ago.

Ok then maybe thats my bad :p

However I still don't think its unreasonable to include access to the loadout editor inside the mission editor.

AND

line marking and a see-thru compass

However I still don't think its unreasonable to include access to the loadout editor inside the mission editor.

Me too, kinda sad that the mission editor is basically still the same since ArmA, while zeus and VR are getting nice features that have been requested by the community for a long time.

Time to just sit back and wait for someone to mod in a lightcycle from Tron.

Edited by Nullrick

Is it just me or are there new "ladies shades" available in the under the Virtual Arsenal Facewear category? They don't seem to be available in the editor or Zeus but I don't think any googles/facewear is?

Are Laideezz showing up???

They've been in the game, and selectable in the profile, for a long time now.

Thanks for the heads up 2nd Ranger

cheers