Sign in to follow this  
LuLeBe

Bootcamp / VR Discussion (dev branch)

Well, finished this real quick yesterday, only stumbled upon one problem so far.

When you're marking things on the map, there's a part where Adams says that they are close to a hill with a chapel bearing 310 (I think). It took me a while to realize that he wanted me to mark the map. I just stood there looking for the 310 bearing and marking the buildings because it seemed like the thing to do.

Pretty good job. Short and simple, with a fairly decent (and somewhat relevant) story and basically teaches you most of what you need to know.

Really enyoyed the backround lore provided by the Epiloge mini campaign. I really hope BI will not abandon Altis too quickly as they did with Chernarus in my eyes. Would be nice to see more mini campaigns coming with the 2 DLC's....maybe one about Miller and his team and an outro ...

Really enyoyed the backround lore provided by the Epiloge mini campaign. I really hope BI will not abandon Altis too quickly as they did with Chernarus in my eyes. Would be nice to see more mini campaigns coming with the 2 DLC's....maybe one about Miller and his team and an outro ...

On the other hand I would love a comeback of Chernarus-type map even if it means abandoning Altis :-)))

...maybe some day we will see chernarus+ modded for Arma 3 ...

... before it gets removed 2 days later due to content licencing issues.

Cough cough, Miller, Cough cough, Device, cough cough, Sling load, cough cough, Helicopters. Cough, anyone have a cough drop?

So, just finished the prologue:

it was nice, quite short and something much more like an interactive cinematic, but it was quite well done.

Plus, it explains quite well what led to the situation in East Wind.

Hope to see a prologue / a real end for East Wind too.

I really loved how the mini campaign brought life to everything. If I hadn't played the actual campaign, that little Bootcamp one would have made me play it. It's something of great Icing, ontop of a cake that is waiting to be tasted. I really hope there is more BI has in store for us. Now if only they can give us a perfect tutorial on how that XML thing works, because that stuff is way over my head.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

*dreaming* What about if with the Helo DLC they brought back an updated Chernarus ( maybe a version of the DayZ Chernarus, after all its all BI ) and there the story could continue...

*dreaming* What about if with the Helo DLC they brought back an updated Chernarus ( maybe a version of the DayZ Chernarus, after all its all BI ) and there the story could continue...

I'd prefer an updated version of south asia with all enterable buildings and deep water lol.

Dan;2723931']I'd prefer an updated version of south asia with all enterable buildings and deep water lol.

But they would have to do it from scratch, while with Chernarus, they just have to ask the new buildings ( or the whole DayZ map ) from their mates from the DayZ team.

No one else got the wrong co-ords ,for placing marker on the map? I was told 066-160 and kept getting yelled however we were at 067-166..

Afirmative, we were at 067 and not 066.

Great prologue: cinematic;dialogues;OST. NATO eating crow (look like CSAT from NATO point view are a elite). Very good experience by BIS in putting us in the NATO shoes.

Nothing to say about fatigue, BIS explain it alright and its correct but to much time in crouch position will be bad in a long term use (cuts blood circulation in the legs). IMO fatigue is more pronounced due to lack of rest in the weapons, sway be more vertically and not lateral due to the weight of the guns. The bullpup guns have the center of gravity better distributed, so the sway should be minimal as the inertia.

I'll be waiting for the Marksman DLC to solve this problem.

Edited by Five_Seven5-7

Loved the small campaing... Nice voice acting and stuf BUT when i was in the Virtual Arsenal i noticed something that made me pass out..... the insignia.... could one of the Dev's make a Page to tell us how to make them and implement them? would be great to have that ready for the stable release so we can give them to our members when it comes out

Loved the small campaing... Nice voice acting and stuf BUT when i was in the Virtual Arsenal i noticed something that made me pass out..... the insignia.... could one of the Dev's make a Page to tell us how to make them and implement them? would be great to have that ready for the stable release so we can give them to our members when it comes out

They already made a page about it: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unit_Insignia

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unit_Insignia

edit: ninja'd

Has anyone tested their exported load out from VR Arsenal on a dedicated server yet? The script should be tailored to include and placed in .sqf:

if (isServer) then 
{
(Export Code Here)
};

..or something like that.

the driving task in "diplomatic relations" (or something) breaks when you don't follow the road. i went offroad with accelerated time there and had to redo the mission because the task didn't complete when i arrived.

some more thoughtful mission scripting is needed here. either make the mission fail when you leave the road after a "what are you doing stay on the road" warning by Adams or you need to implement that stupid "don't leave the combat zone" routine you used in the main campaign. very frustrating in an open world game with a huge terrain if you get that message for just trying to flank/ambush the enemy. tactics being discouraged. but that's another topic :p

the driving task in "diplomatic relations" (or something) breaks when you don't follow the road. i went offroad with accelerated time there and had to redo the mission because the task didn't complete when i arrived.

some more thoughtful mission scripting is needed here. either make the mission fail when you leave the road after a "what are you doing stay on the road" warning by Adams or you need to implement that stupid "don't leave the combat zone" routine you used in the main campaign. very frustrating in an open world game with a huge terrain if you get that message for just trying to flank/ambush the enemy. tactics being discouraged. but that's another topic :p

Really? I managed to go off road (after I got lost) and didn't get a mission fail. Did you try on the latest version?

i tried only once yesterday adn had to restart. i tried everything at the target location. it just didn't finish. after restarting i followed the road along the staged roadside scenes and it worked.

i can try to reproduce tonight.

The VR content is very weak at this point, I think. It feels like a comprehensive demo, rather than a fully fledged component. The material penetration and ballistics alone could be done -much- more comprehensively. Ricochets, Deflection, Material penetration by different types of ammo (12.7 Ball vs 12.7 APDS for example) against different obstacles, etc. Commanding could also be done much more comprehensively, with the training set up to produce muscle memory.

Another thing is that the armor penetration on vehicles also could be described here.

The VR content is very weak at this point, I think. It feels like a comprehensive demo, rather than a fully fledged component.

Can't agree more with you.

I know that stuff like the Karts and Zeus DLCs have been made by devs in their spare times, but what about that VR/Bootcamp content?

I'd love to see BI to flesh out the core game a bit more instead of making a little bit of this, a little bit of that, you get the idea.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy A3 and think it's great, just imagine if they put all that Kart/Zeus/VR effort into the base game, where could it be now?

The VR content is very weak at this point, I think. It feels like a comprehensive demo

Wich is the point. It's a free DLC aimed at introducing noobs into Arma.

My VR arsenal is broken. Whenever I enter it, it shows me as a VR entity with rifleman gear and crashes. there's also a bunch of non-textured vehicles in the background. :/

How in the world did you end up with Vehicles in the background if your in the Virtual Arsenal? That shouldn't even be possible. Try verifying your game cache. I do agree though that maybe there could be slightly more content, but other than that, was good.

How in the world did you end up with Vehicles in the background if your in the Virtual Arsenal? That shouldn't even be possible. Try verifying your game cache. I do agree though that maybe there could be slightly more content, but other than that, was good.

All of my files validated. I'm disabling some mods to see if those were the cause.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

CBA was the problem.