Sign in to follow this  
LuLeBe

Bootcamp / VR Discussion (dev branch)

Hello,

I'm trying the VR Arsenal right and I really love it. But when I hit the "try"-Button and test my loadout a little, there is no obvious way to get back into the menus to go on with editing it. Do I have to save it before trying, then reload the mission and load the previously saved loadout? That is really inconvenient, so there must be another way. I couldn't find a hint ingame or online, does anyone know?

Thanks,

LuLeBe

ESC then the button on the bottom. It's missing its label at the moment, I guess they will fix that later.

Can be extracted VR Map form Dev Build to Stable as Addon ?

i need this map for training recruits form my Clan.

Just be some patient, a stable update would be following with bootcamp soon.

Or they can use the dev branch for that training.

Just finished the bootcamp campaign. I liked it alot. Much more interesting and replayable than a set of tutorial missions would have been. I'm a fan of prologue type stuff, and it was nice to get a little background to the campaign story. Only got one error - right before the chopper ride starts during Rising Tensions. Also, Conway is already a much better character than Kerry.

Also liked it a lot ^^. Good job BIS. No bugs on my side ;).

Ten out of ten? :D

The ending was grim by the way.

The story was really cool, I liked it.

BTW there seem to be some issues with the markers in the last mission ( I got different error messages when the briefing map loaded ).

Another issue is the Antitank mine location in the RV training, it's somehow hidden, it took me a while to find it.

Tank fire didn't have any particle effect in the first mission in the bootcamp campaign (Reality Check). Other than that, amazingly fun and professional campaign!

You've seem to forgot to add the latest community guide about vehicle crewing to the ingame list.

Another issue is the Antitank mine location in the RV training, it's somehow hidden, it took me a while to find it.

I found it pretty easy with the marker on it.

Edited by runekn

Liked the bootcamp campaign - good work BIS! No bugs for me either.

Driving through Altis once again made me wish there was more civi variety...... you know... like..... women!!!!;-)

Oh, and nice easter egg in the beginning of Reality Check ;)

The skin color of the body should match the face you pick. Look a bit weird with a black man with white arms..

You don't get cooler then this dude. Backup sunglasses. :cool:

<a  href=aqf4qQ9.jpg' alt='aqf4qQ9.jpg'>

Would like to reiterate others thoughts on the campaign; I thought it was excellent!!

Writing was solid, actually getting to know characters and filling in, to some extent, what I felt was a massive gap in the main campaign back story/canon.

Really like the Conway-Adams buddy movie going on there, should definitely expand on this in further micro campaigns (time-willing)!

Atmosphere was great, both from the point of view of weather, lighting and mood, and from the emotional aspect i.e. humor/horror balance of the situation.

Encountered some very minor bugs but I'll save that for the feedback tracker.

Great job guys!

E

Bootcamp campaign, for what it is, is awesome. Hope we see more Conway in the future.

The skin color of the body should match the face you pick. Look a bit weird with a black man with white arms..

It's only because that model (and I think one or two others) have unique textures applied to the arms to give the character sleeve tattoos. They models belong to special characters intended to only use unique head models for the campaign.

All the models with generic arms change texture to match.

How long is the new Mini-Campaign? It's really tempting to change to Dev now. :p

How long is the new Mini-Campaign? It's really tempting to change to Dev now. :p

5 missions.

@da12thMonkey

Ok, I just used the random generator and those combinations popped up several times so I thought it was a common issue.

bootcamp campaign was pretty cool. I got one CTD at the end (right after the "hearts and minds..." line), but everything went fine after I restarted Arma

Yeah, the Bootcamp campaign is nice.

Minor spoilers bellow.

Nice touch with the Vrana logo at the beginning of the VR session. I'm getting a Weyland-Yutani vibe off them and I hope you guys use "the company" as a major protagonist in your upcoming expansion.

Edited by Maio

Beautiful work on the Bootcamp, Devs - thoroughly enjoyed it! :)

No one else got the wrong co-ords ,for placing marker on the map? I was told 066-160 and kept getting yelled however we were at 067-166..

Anyone else having a problem in Common Denominator after

running the little marathon to demonstrate combat fatigue? When instructed to shoot remaining targets the targets will not drop after direct hits. Tried restarting numerous times and always the same issue.

Anyone else having a problem in Common Denominator after

running the little marathon to demonstrate combat fatigue? When instructed to shoot remaining targets the targets will not drop after direct hits. Tried restarting numerous times and always the same issue.

Happened to me too, the first time I was running mods and restarted two times and it didn't help, at the third time I restarted the game to no mods, restarted the mission and done it successfully.