Sign in to follow this  
KrIxXuS

Hotfix 1.22 Killed my fps??????

So whatever else you've done to the hotfix has seen my fps drop considerably!! From an average of 72 down to 50...id have to look at this more but for sure its dropped substantially.... as an example i know when i go to 'configure' then 'video' my fps always showed as 65+- and when it turns dark(night) on that same screen after coming off multiplayer it goes as high as 80+ now i'm at 45 - 50... i was on yesterday morning all was fine... i come back this morning and ArmA 3 updated and i can definitely see a difference and its not good at all for me.

I'm normally one for tinkering with my system and in game settings etc to get it just right maybe i'm missing something here or its reset my graphics configuration somehow in game?? I just cant remember what they were on yesterday :yay::j:

I know it will get sorted it's just a pain in the usb ;)

Nearly the exact same issue. My framerate has dropped substantially!

Just slightly off subject, but directly related in my opinion, but why dick around with silly things like Zeus and not work on optimizing the damn game? I think they have hit a brick wall on the optimizing side of things and have simply given up.

Nearly the exact same issue. My framerate has dropped substantially!

Do you guys have the same issue on the dev branch? I haven't tried stable for a while, but the last dev branch versions have been very consistent, fps-wise.

Just slightly off subject, but directly related in my opinion, but why dick around with silly things like Zeus and not work on optimizing the damn game?

Different people doing different things.

I think they have hit a brick wall on the optimizing side of things and have simply given up.

Not really. The PERF binaries keep coming and improving.

I will test this again Thursday when I'm off work... I'm not using the dev option and I have no mods installed... Ah I wander if it could be the shortcuts or the dll I installed recently? Seemed fine after I installed it about two weeks ago with a slight improvement in fps after using the .dll. Will look into this and post back on the thread as soon as I know more.

Cheers for the replies any info greatly appreciated.

Ok so just removed various shortcuts including the .dll and no luck...just trying the dev branch now and see how that reacts......

Omg :( really not good at all... in the menu i'm getting 40 and when it goes into night time mode i get 50 fps which is down a total of 30 fps... when i do an Altis benchmark i normally get 72 -80 fps consistently and now i'm getting 60!

Ok so i re-installed my graphics drivers 337.88, deleted arma 3 and re-installed... i then noticed that all my game settings were kept so i went to auto-detect in video menu and applied this then turned Vsync off(AGAIN!!) and adjusted my settings AGAIN! haha ... i'm now getting slightly more fps in the menu in both night(up to 90 fps) and day(65+fps) 70 fps in benchmark.

Pics now its fixed..

http://i59.tinypic.com/214auzd.jpg (261 kB)

http://i57.tinypic.com/21380.jpg (141 kB)

I'm now happy but i'd love to know why the hotfix interfered with my game so much :S bizarre!

Result.

Edited by KrIxXuS
update

So, yeah, I don't have a pc that can run Arma 3 at 60+ fps, but yeah, this last hotfix turned my normal 35-45 frames on Stratis, to 15-21.

Trying the fix posted by Krixxus.

Edit: Nope, nothing. Only getting 24 frames on the lowest settings possible.

Edit-2: Was able to work it up to 28 frames in the menu using the render-distance slider.

Edited by devilslayersbane

So is this common for everyone? Haven't played the game for two weeks now and the news of lower FPS are very very bad .

UPDATE

OK just tested benchmark and some missions I have in editor and it seems that I lost 3-4 frames. Seriously BIS is this for real? Why ? Why in the name of God are you making FPS worse than before?

I hope this is something you already know about and you work to solve it. From now on I will disable automatic updates on Steam. First I will wait to read feedbacks and install afterwards.

So dissapointed right now!! :confused:

Edited by Nikiforos

Are you guys using Stable or Dev?

For me and a friend in Stable branch PERFORMANCE has IMPROVED!!!

We can run higher settings and the game plays perfectly smooth. Much better than before.

So don't just look at the fps value.

Edited by EDcase

Maybe they accidentally enabled logs for this build. Try to set startup parameter -nologs

Dorph;2720678']Confirm 10-20 fps lower than before.

Same here. Both in stable and dev.

Are you guys using Stable or Dev?

For me and a friend in Stable branch PERFORMANCE has IMPROVED!!!

We can run higher settings and the game plays perfectly smooth. Much better than before.

So don't just look at the fps value.

So u try to call me a liar? Nice to hear about your performance but I tell you about mine and mine is worse than before the 1.22 update fix or whatever.

I didn't notice anything different between main stable and hotfix. In fact, my fps has been consistent in all of my SP benchmarks for the last couple of months.

Did a comparison between the stable and latest dev branch.

The heavy AI benchmark & lower graphics:

stable 30 avg fps

dev 31

Low AI & high graphics:

stable 28

dev 30

I ran each one 3 times and results were the same every time. So very little variation.

And, guys, if you say you're getting for example 10 fps less, please also specify what's the actual fps. There's big difference between losing 10 out of 90 and 10 out of 15. And under what circumstances; SP/MP, some repeatable benchmark scenario or just a gut feeling in random mission.

ps. wasn't the hotfix just for steam issues? It's hard to believe it could affect performance.

ps. wasn't the hotfix just for steam issues? It's hard to believe it could affect performance.

I had the same thought, but it's possible that they accidentally deployed some profiling feature which could affect performance, or it could be some logging issue as suggested by Brisse.

EDIT: ok, the hotfix seems to have caused some other problems as well.

Something is definitely wrong with it.

Edited by MadDogX

So u try to call me a liar? Nice to hear about your performance but I tell you about mine and mine is worse than before the 1.22 update fix or whatever.

LoL, I just said it was strange that for myself and a couple of others it plays smoother than before.

I'm not an fps junkie so I go by how well it plays rather than the numbers.

EDIT: ok, the hotfix seems to have caused some other problems as well.

Something is definitely wrong with it.

One guy having trouble running a server on Wine, therefore there's something wrong? Anyway, it wasn't the game's fault, it seems. :)

Edited by Greenfist

One guy having trouble running a server on Wine, therefore there's something wrong? Anyway, it wasn't the game's fault, it seems.

There are now several people on these forums and elsewhere reporting fps issues since the hotfix, and although the wine server issue I linked now seems to be resolved, the symptoms (100% CPU load on one core) did seem related.

Unfortunately, with little other information to go on except "fps is shit", I doubt we'll get any actual troubleshooting done. As usual, we have to hope that BI will magically divine the cause of the problem and fix it before the next patch.

Ok. To add some specifics to my problem. I reinstalled my game, removed all mods, set all graphics to low and am simply watching the main menu with my video options open. At the start, the loading times are slower than normal, the land textures start white and load in and after everything in the main menu video has initialized, I have a semi-stable framerate that ranges from 15-18 frames. While the AI are taking contact with each other in the main menu, The framerate drops from the previously mention range to a range of 8-13 (9 being average). After the OPFOR have eliminated the BLUFOR, framerate increases from 16-21 fps.

Joining any multiplayer server results in 5-7 frames per second.

Spawing a player unit in the editor on Stratis results in 24-28 fps (25 being average). Throwing a grenade or shooting a weapon results in lag-spike which decreases framerate down to 15 constant until the object is either frozen in time (pausing) or ceases to exist.

Specs:

i-7 2670 prcessor

16 GB of 1333 DDR3 Ram

Nvidia Geforce 560M graphics processor with 2GB VRAM

win7

Lauch options:

-nosplash -nologs -maxMem=8047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4

arma 3 CFG optimizations:

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Frames in editor preview (single player spawned, no AI or empty vecs) before Hotfix:

30-40 on Statis

25-35 on Altis

Any other data needed MadDogX?

anyone going to reply?

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 ----------

Patch today helped slightly. Still only 7 solid frames in MP

Patch today? You mean yesterday on dev branch?

Do you have 7 fps in every MP mission or in some one particular?

Have you monitored your CPU and memory usage, other processes on the background, temperatures, drivers up-to-date, delete config files etc.?

There was a small 18 MB patch on the stable branch yesterday. CPU usage and temperatures were normal. No abnormal backround tasks were running, and I checked my drivers. When I ran without mods the userconfig files were moved out as well. Hopefully that's what you're talking about. Nothing showed up during verification.

A patch to Windows 7 seemed to improve my framerate dramatically. I am now getting 40 FPS on stratis with everything on Ultra