Sign in to follow this  
DesolateChris

Insurgency - Grids won't go green

Hey there,

So basically I have begun to create an insurgency mission on a map with some difficulty.

Firstly, my initial problem was getting the red grids to show up over grids in a town. The reason this was a problem was because a lot of the map's buildings came from the OPX_Buildings mod pack which weren't recognised by Insurgency. I tried to edit the defines.sqf file to add in the buildings to spawn red grids but I had NO idea what the classnames were for the OPX Buildings and I could not find them anywhere. Instead, what I did was set EP1 Houses to true, meaning that all buildings would spawn a red grid and thus enemies

// set EP1HOUSES to 'true' in order to have the param ignored and AI will spawn in every building, which got positions
#define EP1HOUSES			(configName(inheritsFrom (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _x)) == "HOUSE_EP1")
#define EP1HOUSES true

This seems to work fine but now I have encountered further problems

Firstly, since red grids spawn on ALL buildings now, my intended FOB at the airfield is now completely surrounded by red grids. Is there a way to set specific grids to be permanently neutralised and/or deleted without having to remove a whole classname of buildings? If not, how can I only remove that classname of buildings?

Secondly, I want to customise the map a little bit and add red grids and enemy bases etc. wherever I want. To do this, I have created functions to spawn houses which will in turn spawn red grids

In the function init:

myBuilding = "Land_House_K_7_EP1" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this;myBuilding setdir 60;

Where "Land_House_K_7_EP1" is the classname of the building I am placing.

this works well, as the red grids spawn on the map. However, now it seems that units are not spawning in these customized locations. Despite no enemy units being present also, the grid cannot be neutralized by blufor.

Thirdly, in towns it seems that enemies do in fact spawn, however, lone or grids in small clusters don't spawn enemy units at all and yet once again despite this, grids cannot be turned from red to green.

*NOTE* I have never actually seen a grid turn green in my mission, so there is obviously something wrong with some scripts.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope you can help me out because I've reached a dead end :(

Thanks again

Pretty much everything you need is in the Insurgency topic.

Info on exclusion zones here.

I don't have any specific help to offer regarding the custom buildings not spawning OPFOR, but clearly they aren't being "seen" by common\client\AI\functions.sqf.

There are a few reasons why you might be unable to flip a grid. It would be best to put your mission file up so I or another Insurgency geek can take a look.

Firstly, thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated :)

Unfortunately, I tried your exclusion_zone fix but now the mission doesn't run... It just gets stuck on the loading screen (I have placed the marker and replicated your code exactly). When I remove the added code then it works fine, it obviously doesn't like it heh.

I'll send the mission file your way when I can

Thanks again for your reply :)