Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA Beta build 125548 - Steam Mp Lobby (1.63 build, Steam only)

Can someone tell me the App ID (steamcmd) for this latest beta? 33930 brings me to the stable 1.63 only.

Issue regarding Server reporting on Steam:

Server names only display the first 63 characters of server as defined in hostname="" within config file.

Why is there such a small amount of characters displayed in the server browser from the hostname in the config file?

This is seriously restricting for people who run multiple servers of the same/similar type where a longer server name is required.

It's definately a Steam issue not reporting the FULL server names, and BIS should be looking into / working on fixing this with Valve|Steam.

Anymore info from Bohemia on this would be welcome.

Thanks! :)

Can someone tell me the App ID (steamcmd) for this latest beta? 33930 brings me to the stable 1.63 only.

have you tried:

app_update 33930 -beta Beta

have you tried:

app_update 33930 -beta Beta

You'll probably find that 1.63.125548 has been released to stable and there is nothing newer in the works, so it is both the latest beta and the stable release.

You'll probably find that 1.63.125548 has been released to stable and there is nothing newer in the works, so it is both the latest beta and the stable release.

You'd think that this is important enough that BI would post a message here about it themselves...:rolleyes:

theirs something wrong with the verifysignature check in 125548 my server wouldnt load at all. untill i turned it off it all of a sudden worked properly again

then went to find out wich bikey whas the culprit and it whas cba.bikey.

apparently theirs more troubled bikeys out there as far as i could read here and there.

seems severe enough to be looked into!

Again undefined Variables already in BIS missions. Every BIS mission already at briefing I see undefined variables. I guess missions are seriously broken not only here, but everybody plays ArmA 3 or does not use "show script errors". I have no more idea. This way I cannot play ArmA2 because with that amount of undef. vars, I do not trust the missions to run properly.

I think the source of evil is that "ca" thing. Often I see "bis_fnc_init".

I get this problem, too.

Easy way to reproducte: Load desert, place one unit as player, place function module, click "preview"

Always generates an error:

Error in expression <;
_recompile = (count _this) > 0;

if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
 Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init
File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 28

No mods at all

And here's the reason:

if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {textLogFormat["PRELOAD_ Functions already running."];};

It does NOT check whether the variable exists or not, and that means it will throw up on everything using a function module, which is, like everything

Edited by Varanon

I only get the functions error once, and I'm using Warfare which makes a few different calls to it.

My understanding is the query is checking to see whether the init is true. However if the functions init has not completed, the variable remains undefined as yet; so first time run the variable is undefined. When initialization completes the variable is defined and becomes true. Subsequent calls will detect it as true.

But I don't think it has too much impact on functions. It's in a line calling for exit if functions are already initialized. Failure of the line just means functions initialize again. Functions are initializing on my machine.

EDIT: But, yeah, errors?... heh. Let's not talk Warfare..... but do it anyway: (omg) Just lay down a player and synchronize a module. You'll have more undefined variables than you can shake a stick at.... It's the "more robust" error detection from the 1.63 changelog, I believe. And one little undefined variable stops the warfare respawn - including in the distributed missions.

EDIT1: Y'know, I just realized, if a script was to hit on functions while it's reinitializing, it could cause a failure of the script. That sort of thing could ruin a mission.

Edited by OpusFmSPol

My understanding is the query is checking to see whether the init is true.

Yeah, but the point is, it might not be defined at this point.

So the line SHOULD read like this:

if (!isNil "BIS_fnc_init") then {  if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {textLogFormat["PRELOAD_ Functions already running."];}; };

EDIT1: Y'know, I just realized, if a script was to hit on functions while it's reinitializing, it could cause a failure of the script. That sort of thing could ruin a mission.

I think this sort of error does not cause the script to terminate, IIRC

Why was this policy in declaring undefined variables changed so late in Arma 2's life? Why was it completely necessary to force a five year backlog of scripts to throw up undefined variables left and right?

These are the two DayZ changelog entries on 1.63:

[96755] Changed: Isolated unofficial DayZ variants (like Lingor) into a separate mission type to prevent Arma server browser pollution.

[95309] Changed: MP: Dayz servers are now visible if and only if the Dayz mod is active.

It's odd, my server list is always overwhelmed with DayZ too, mostly epoch now, and I haven't had a DayZ mod active in almost a year. And I'm not seeing a new mission selection that I know of. Currently running 1.63.125548 and they're still there.

I think a "filter out" option to complement the current "filter for" would be nice, but it's just my own two cents.

Yeah, but the point is, it might not be defined at this point.

So the line SHOULD read like this:

if (!isNil "BIS_fnc_init") then {  if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {textLogFormat["PRELOAD_ Functions already running."];}; };

I think this sort of error does not cause the script to terminate, IIRC

I too was worried about the error of the Function Module so I've created a little patch for it in form of an addon. Inside it I've inserted the code suggested by Varanon and the error seems gone!

I don't have tested it in depth but it seems to work!

For anyone who want to try here's the pbo file which patch the original Functions Module: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h5hxfe7u38htb4/CorePatch.pbo?dl=0

I've called it CorePatch.pbo

Install it as any other addons ;)

BIS, can you please just roll back to old scripting rules, i fixed some errors but i couldnt fix many because i have no clue why they are still popping even after declaring all variables ! it happens a lot with global variables ! when i init my variable with something like _sparta = _dOG getvariable "bone"; it keeps giving me an error with undefined variable : _sparta

Edited by Xalteva

Im not sure what cause this, but my game is crashing ever since I strated playing it trough Steam.

Visit CIT to see my ticket.

Crash upon exit from MP game, often freezes in MP browser and in game lobby. No mods used. This was not happening ever with 1.62

This patch, which is now 1.63 stable, appears to cause at least one crash in CWR2 CWC campaign, and possibly more. The crash occurs after long cutscene (x01_iansoffice, Malden) in which Col. Blake explains to troops what is going on in Everon, as the Flashpoint mission (Everon) just starts to load.

6b18bf352939018.jpg

Dwarden has had 3 sets of dumps from this crash for almost a month. All our attempts to change end of cutscene and start of Flashpoint to eliminate crash have failed. Crash does not occur using OA 1.62 or 1.63.112555.

Crash occurs using CWR2 v1.0 + CWC 1.11.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=24909

Edited by OMAC

Arma 3 is atm. priority so until the MP issues get resolved I doubt I can get anything fixed

I understand. Any help or fixes you can eventually provide would be greatly appreciated!

This patch, which is now 1.63 stable, appears to cause at least one crash in CWR2 CWC campaign, and possibly more.

I can confirm I experienced the same crashes on another custom made campaign (Red Hammer). Malden, 1.63.

Arma 3 is atm. priority so until the MP issues get resolved I doubt I can get anything fixed

At least, please fix your own bis functions according to the new scripting rules !

https: //dev.withsix.com/issues/75181

This is becoming a pain ^ :( Don't think i speak for myself when i say i hope a fix gets thrown out soon.

Regards

I'm trying to fix all the script errors shown by ArmA 2 OA with the latest patch (1.63)

I sent you a PM, if Warfare is included in your effort I have the over 50 errors and their fixes already identified. In my own mission I use Warfare's custom external script capability to clear them since I have no skill for modding.

What a sad affair that the community has to fix all the errors introduced by BI with patch 1.63. For me this is a clear sign of an all time low. Thanks guys for fixing things that should've been BI's business from the beginning.

What a sad affair that the community has to fix all the errors introduced by BI with patch 1.63. For me this is a clear sign of an all time low. Thanks guys for fixing things that should've been BI's business from the beginning.

I second the motion. Perhaps BI could test goliath86's config fixes and integrate it with CCP for a future OA patch?

Edited by OMAC