Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA Beta build 125548 - Steam Mp Lobby (1.63 build, Steam only)

I can't even find my server the normal way, despite the fact that it's set up properly. So I looked, if there's a way to access it differently.

So it turns out that all games are being listed under "LAN", despite the fact that my server is about 600km away from me in a Data-Centre. It appears that all of them are actually listed under "LAN".

Might just be a bug with the Localisation, though - which brings me to my next point - why exactly did you decide to force the language upon me all of a sudden? I have been playing in English all these years - I don't even know what to do with myself in German. And there doesn't seem to be any information whatsoever about why it was changed or how I can prevent this. (which I couldn't change back to English thus far)

While I am at it:

The squad.xml is not working even it arma2oaprofile has been edited manually and the new UID put into the xml file.

So - does 1.63 not read the path information at all?

you sure on the beta build cause it has the UI field fully working ...

you sure on the beta build cause it has the UI field fully working ...

Dwarden is it possible to get the option to downgrade beta patch versions in steam? To "older" 1.63 versions I mean so we are not forced to use the latest one, just have them added to the dropdown list.

Original CTI missions are still broken. Try to start MP game with CTI mission. After player death he cannot respawn again.

This update has completely broken a lot of the stuff my community uses (including our loadout scripts which use LEA, which are heavilly necessary for our play) and has caused a lot of players issues in joining or finding our server, or even just starting up their game without a myriad of problems or crashes.

Whatever the update has done to scripts, it's made it incredibly unplayable for us. Seems like a slap in the face for people who stayed with A2, you completely break our game and there doesn't seem to be much going on to fix it.

The only real issues I've experienced so far was the problems fixed with the latest beta build. I could not view all of my new Steam UID, but I got around this with using the #userlist command on my server to see the part that had been cut off. Other than that, I had to edit my admin tools that check my UID to allow them to enable and be executed had to be modified as well as I had to add a few new BattlEye exceptions for some of my scripts, but other than that, it seems okay.

I have noticed that I cannot see my own server in the server browser, so I just use the "Remote" button to enter the IP and port to connect to it. Obviously others can see it since I've had players on my server pretty steadily.

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

I can't even find my server the normal way, despite the fact that it's set up properly. So I looked, if there's a way to access it differently.

So it turns out that all games are being listed under "LAN", despite the fact that my server is about 600km away from me in a Data-Centre. It appears that all of them are actually listed under "LAN".

Might just be a bug with the Localisation, though - which brings me to my next point - why exactly did you decide to force the language upon me all of a sudden? I have been playing in English all these years - I don't even know what to do with myself in German. And there doesn't seem to be any information whatsoever about why it was changed or how I can prevent this. (which I couldn't change back to English thus far)

This is on your client side or your server?

This update has completely broken a lot of the stuff my community uses (including our loadout scripts which use LEA, which are heavilly necessary for our play) and has caused a lot of players issues in joining or finding our server, or even just starting up their game without a myriad of problems or crashes.

Whatever the update has done to scripts, it's made it incredibly unplayable for us. Seems like a slap in the face for people who stayed with A2, you completely break our game and there doesn't seem to be much going on to fix it.

the update contains (it's quite long time ago) change which forces declare of variables even after spawn ...

but that shall be logged in RPT to be easily track-able for fix

My problem with the squad.xml and scripts referring to the new UID not working is solved in so far as I used the wrong UID.

The UID displayed in the player profile is not complete.

The number is bigger than the UI allows to be seen.

Still there is the missing URL field in the profile.

My problem with the squad.xml and scripts referring to the new UID not working is solved in so far as I used the wrong UID.

The UID displayed in the player profile is not complete.

The number is bigger than the UI allows to be seen.

Still there is the missing URL field in the profile.

The number is your steam64 ID, you can obtain it from the URL of your steam profile (it starts with 7656119).

Or get it by searching your account on this site http://steamid.co/

the update contains (it's quite long time ago) change which forces declare of variables even after spawn ...

but that shall be logged in RPT to be easily track-able for fix

Is that for you to fix or us to fix?

Right now the update has caused me to have to switch to a VDS for my server and downgrade to 1.62, but that causes some issues of it's own. So a more stable version of the latest would be preferable.

build 125402 has just been released on Steam in Beta branch.

this is newer than today released 'stable' 1.63 !

i wish it whas less backwards like this:

leave the old command as what it whas --> less work on existing missins etc

new command "GetSteamID" for the new system

Any news on the language? What startup param did I miss? How do I change my language?

This worked in 1.62:

Open your ArmA 2 .exe in Hex Workshop, search for the language you have now, replace it with the language you want to have and vice versa the other way.

From Russian to English:

- Search for Russian, change it to English.

- Search for English (not the one you just changed), change it to Russian.

- Done, game is now in English instead of Russian.

So this beta is run by changing Properties -> Beta tab of the main ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead?

The Beta (Obsolete) serves no purpose anymore? Could you BIS remove the "Beta (Obsolete)" completely from Steam? It's just confusing and it's one useless game in Steam library if it isn't used anymore.

I am having the same problem with my server. What I have found is that your server will not show up in the server browser once you have converted to steam until a player has connected to your server and completely joins into the server fully starting the mission. Once this has happened, your server will show up in the browser. It's catch 22. How do you get players to join your server so that the mission is started and shows up in the server browser when they can't see your server listed until this happens??

So this beta is run by changing Properties -> Beta tab of the main ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead?

The Beta (Obsolete) serves no purpose anymore? Could you BIS remove the "Beta (Obsolete)" completely from Steam? It's just confusing and it's one useless game in Steam library if it isn't used anymore.

Not quite. The old beta expansion is still used by some mods and those who still rely on it would be rather annoyed if it was removed from Steam.

It isn't that hard to figure it out which game is which and if people do actually get confused ... uninstall it, then it won't show up. Don't deny everyone else access to the old beta.

Sadly, all of the changes and especially how the changes to the way patches are being distributed, effectively killed the modding-community.

Any server that decided to go with new version can't even be found properly most of the time (as I pointed out earlier - that Servers sometimes only show up under LAN - and no, this is not my home-server, it's a dedicated box about 600 km away), as well as being forced to update without any way of chosing the version - all of this has pretty much stopped us from doing anything.

Not only can we not provide any help for anyone anymore nor suggest any specific patches, we can't also be sure which version is stable. Let's face it - almost every Beta Patch broke something and now we can't even chose to run on a specific Patch and Steam wants to update the game almost any day.

All it needed was an alternative way to search for servers instead of GameSpy - but all the other changes aren't helping with anything and I see the end of the modding community coming - and more specifically of DayZ - pretty much enforced by BI themselves.

Sadly, all of the changes and especially how the changes to the way patches are being distributed, effectively killed the modding-community.

Any server that decided to go with new version can't even be found properly most of the time (as I pointed out earlier - that Servers sometimes only show up under LAN - and no, this is not my home-server, it's a dedicated box about 600 km away), as well as being forced to update without any way of chosing the version - all of this has pretty much stopped us from doing anything.

Not only can we not provide any help for anyone anymore nor suggest any specific patches, we can't also be sure which version is stable. Let's face it - almost every Beta Patch broke something and now we can't even chose to run on a specific Patch and Steam wants to update the game almost any day.

All it needed was an alternative way to search for servers instead of GameSpy - but all the other changes aren't helping with anything and I see the end of the modding community coming - and more specifically of DayZ - pretty much enforced by BI themselves.

This! ↑

This needs to get attention from BIS, explains the current situation very well. And please act on it! For starters give us the option to choose patch in steam!!!!

@ kichilron and Squadron_2

Did you try Play withSIX yet to find servers, or add it manually via IP and make it a favorite?

You can also select all the old beta patches and basically downgrade to any 1.62 version that way.

;2727830']@ kichilron and Squadron_2

Did you try Play withSIX yet to find servers' date=' or add it manually via IP and make it a favorite?[/quote']

I am not talking about myself, I have my own methods of connecting to a server. But there's a massive clusterfuck going on with the different browsers - GameSpy still going on / Steam.

Also - even though I heard others having the same problem - it's not been acknowledged yet, that the new Steam-Server-Browser doesn't even work at all. The first thing that is supposed to be working is the ingame-browser - is it not? If that doesn't even display the server correctly and actually only displays servers if you're going on the "LAN"-tab - there is something majorly wrong.

;2727830']@ kichilron and Squadron_2

You can also select all the old beta patches and basically downgrade to any 1.62 version that way.

Which leavese us with the problem that we have to stick to GameSpy' date=' which is supposed to have shut down over a year ago.

I am not asking for anything big and all of the problems I mentioned above would be solved if we had this:

[i']The option to chose a Beta-Patch[/i] - we used to be able to chose the Beta-Patch ourselves - but now we can't anymore. We are being forced to update by Steam and can't prevent it at all. Why not have the dropdown include a few of the last versions? It surely can't be that hard?

This does not mean being able to chose between 1.62 and 1.63 - as there's no point.

Edited by kichilron

As with kichilron and Squadron_2, I think this transition has been very damaging for the DayZ mod ... and I'm sure there will be other casualties.

The only change we actually needed was a replacement for the GameSpy master server. I can understand the choice of Steam, but the implementation has seemed rather haphazard and poorly documented, at least from an end user perspective.

However ... the BF2 community have managed to organise their own master server with Forgotten Hope 2 and Project Reality teaming up to create PRSpy. To that end, the ArmA community is larger and better resourced, yet sat on its collective hands.

We do need control over the choice of game versions to run, for which there is no excuse not to provide in Steam. The beta version selection option is readily available and was already used to distribute the old beta expansion for a lo0o0o0ong time.

We also need better education and documentation, particularly within the user base, but this needs to be based on information supplied and/or endorsed by BIS. If we don't all sing off the same song sheet without delay, this cycle of rumour, confusion and frustration will continue to be destructive to the community.

Guys, I'm completely fucked, could anyone please provide me a working command line, preferably if you use whatever DayZ mod (please a complete one, e.g. copied to clipboard via process explorer) with all those fancy ca, expansion, expansion\beta, cba_co brainfuck? It all began that I turned on "-showScripterrors" and got overwhelmed by undefined variables in the DayZ world. I thought there must have changed something in ArmA 2. Now the Bohemia Interactive intro always appears and I have broken it seriously.

TIA

BIS doesn't seem to want to help out much or listen to the users requests and suggestions..

Guys, I'm completely fucked, could anyone please provide me a working command line, preferably if you use whatever DayZ mod (please a complete one, e.g. copied to clipboard via process explorer) with all those fancy ca, expansion, expansion\beta, cba_co brainfuck? It all began that I turned on "-showScripterrors" and got overwhelmed by undefined variables in the DayZ world. I thought there must have changed something in ArmA 2. Now the Bohemia Interactive intro always appears and I have broken it seriously.

TIA

I use .bat files located in my ARMA 2 OA directory:

start arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayzDev -world=chernarus -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -noSplash -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302

Change -mod=

to whatever mod you're using (the exact foldername), separated by ;

IE: -mod=@Mod1;@Mod2;@Mod3

and -connect=

to the IP

and -port=

to the port of the server to join