shadow71

battleye fails to install.

it should be whitout the underscore... its called arma2oabe.exe for me

http://shrani.si/f/1Q/qs/2J2MSMZT/1.jpg (116 kB)

This.

And by installer I mean the one that downloads into the directories with the game, not the one from previous iterations, which is the one I presume setup doesn't find for some reason.

Or if it's a different one I don't see why it downloads with the game and where is Battleye supposed to install from.

This is a XP-related issue. Please launch "ArmA2OA_BE.exe" in your game directory directly once to properly install the BE Service.

it should be whitout the underscore... its called arma2oabe.exe for me

No, actually the above is the original name. You must have renamed yours if it's different for you?

Edited by $able

This is a XP-related issue. Please launch "ArmA2OA_BE.exe" in your game directory directly once to properly install the BE Service.

http://shrani.si/f/Z/4U/1igNXiG4/3.jpg (104 kB)

So I used the administrator option and it says successfully installed. But it didn't do anything, it asks again as you can see in the picture.

http://shrani.si/f/Z/4U/1igNXiG4/3.jpg (104 kB)

So I used the administrator option and it says successfully installed. But it didn't do anything, it asks again as you can see in the picture.

Yes, Windows XP is problematic here because it falsely reports that the installation succeeded when it actually didn't. Please select the first option in that dialog and uncheck "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized activity" - only then the BE Service can be successfully installed.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Yes, Windows XP is problematic here because it falsely reports that the installation succeeded when it actually didn't. Please select the first option in that dialog and uncheck "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized activity" - only then the BE Service can be successfully installed.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Unchecking does nothing on my system, I too run this on XP. It just fails regardless, only replacing my dll everytime I want to play, can I then get on a server.

Unchecking does nothing on my system, I too run this on XP. It just fails regardless, only replacing my dll everytime I want to play, can I then get on a server.

Are you logged into an adminstrator account when starting your game? The installation only succeeds then.

Well it did the trick for me.

Just thought i'd update this thread with the solution myself & friends found.

Upon installing the latest beta you must restart windows for battleye to be able to run. I presume battleye runs as a service and cannot start itself without a restart?

Anyway, solved for all my friends.

Just thought i'd update this thread with the solution myself & friends found.

Upon installing the latest beta you must restart windows for battleye to be able to run. I presume battleye runs as a service and cannot start itself without a restart?

Anyway, solved for all my friends.

No, a restart is not required. May I ask what exact problem/error you and your friends had?

No, a restart is not required. May I ask what exact problem/error you and your friends had?

"Failed To Start Battleye Service" I believe.

First friend had the issue spent an hour or so trying to fix and he had to leave, starts his PC up the next day and its working.

Second friend installed new beta, got error, restarted pc and it was working.

Same for 2 others aswell.

"Failed To Start Battleye Service" I believe.

Ok, I'm trying to solve this. Do you remember if there was a delay (a few seconds) between this message and "Installing BattlEye Service..." or did it follow immediately?

Also, do you know if your friends got the exact same error?

Sry, was very tired when I made that post, its actually the same error message in the screenshot in the first post.

And yes all friends same error. All on windows 7, variety of system specs.

The first time running it would have a short delay, but after that the cmd window closes instantly.

I am having the same problem and cant figure out how to solve it plz help someone i have deleted Battleye and re-downloaded it and still nothing works

Friend of mine has a 

Failed to instal BE service 

problem too, we tried delete all traces of BE from computer and then verifiing integrity of ARMA2 OA game cache trough steam, but it didnt help.