shadow71

battleye fails to install.

I'm having the same initial problem. When I delete all the files in the Battleeye folder, Im able to start OA, see my server in the multiplayer directory and then when I try to join my server I get Battleeye Initialization failed.

When I back out of the Battleeye directory and nav back to Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BEsetup and start that exe, it will replace the files in Battleeye folder but then I go back to having the command prompt with it failed there again too. It seems to be either that set up file is writing corrupted files or maybe it's now allow us to connect to the Battleeye server at all?

It' doesn't make sense. I was logging into my server just fine this morning but after a restart this afternoon and me trying to log back in later I've delt with this. I've tried total wiping of all traces of Arma on my system and did complete fresh installs and still same results. Is this because of the gamespy migration?

Yah iam having this issue as well and all i have done was download over-watch through Dayz commander, with each solution i attempt further error beckons. Everything runs as admin, files and folders are present and in their proper places no UAC, Firewall or other program is interfering. Had everything running beautifully last night. Now unplayable. My two cents? too many cooks in the kitchen, with6. DzC, and now Steam -each program seems to run the software with a different error, and the only 'reliable' DayZ launcher -Dayz Commander has suddenly generated this new error tangle, now that steam is in the mix i think its about time with6, DayZ Commander and their community figure out a more universally compatible means of implementing Arma/Dayz with additional mods for us new laymen that have stumbled into this yarn ball mod realm. I expect no solution just saying for the sake of, i do however expect "fuck offs" and

figure it outs" but hey open source software is useless if developers don't continue to maintain their software, and consider user input.

I'm having the same initial problem. When I delete all the files in the Battleeye folder, Im able to start OA, see my server in the multiplayer directory and then when I try to join my server I get Battleeye Initialization failed.

When I back out of the Battleeye directory and nav back to Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BEsetup and start that exe, it will replace the files in Battleeye folder but then I go back to having the command prompt with it failed there again too. It seems to be either that set up file is writing corrupted files or maybe it's now allow us to connect to the Battleeye server at all?

It' doesn't make sense. I was logging into my server just fine this morning but after a restart this afternoon and me trying to log back in later I've delt with this. I've tried total wiping of all traces of Arma on my system and did complete fresh installs and still same results. Is this because of the gamespy migration?

Did you try this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179735-battleye-fails-to-install&p=2719912&viewfull=1#post2719912?

Yeah I tried that a few times. Same result each time, it does look like a block but it's doing this even after I have firewalls and Microsoft essentials turned off. I even used fileassassin just to be sure.

All my test results indicate that setup file is making bad copies of the DLL files and this happens. I can't be 100 percent sure but it sure looks that way.

I have the same problem. When i verify the arma install from steam I get windows cannot find ArmA2OA_BE.exe, but i can see it in the folder. If i run as admin it say battleeye failed to install. I have no firewall and no antivirus running.

Having the exact same problem, every time i launch Arma OA a cmd box opens and then closes almost instantly and the game just doesn't launch, dont see the boxes and ticks or anything.

I have tried everything to resolve this and nothing has helped.

I'm thinking theres an issue with the latest version.

I can launch the game through programs such as dayzcommander without issue, but whenever I use the steam version it doesn't work.

3 of my friends are experiencing the same problem.

My issue is fixed. I told my AV to make an exception to the folder that contained the "threat" and finished update through Steam. After finishing the install, I removed the exception through my AV. Arma runs fine now and also verified BE is up to date when joining a MP server.

Having the exact same problem, every time i launch Arma OA a cmd box opens and then closes almost instantly and the game just doesn't launch, dont see the boxes and ticks or anything.

I have tried everything to resolve this and nothing has helped.

I'm thinking theres an issue with the latest version.

I can launch the game through programs such as dayzcommander without issue, but whenever I use the steam version it doesn't work.

3 of my friends are experiencing the same problem.

Please check my PM.

Please check my PM.

I my self am not getting this issue, but one of my friends that i am trying to assist in getting his game to work is. A little help would be greatly appreciated

i manage to solve it for a couple of frends by doing the following

1st i checked the integrety of the cache. and launch OA

If this did't work I deleted all the BE related files in the map BESetup in the game directory

after that i downloaded the latest dll file from battleeye.com

put that in the folder and launched the Arma2OABE.exe as admin

seemed to fix it for most of my frends

i manage to solve it for a couple of frends by doing the following

1st i checked the integrety of the cache. and launch OA

If this did't work I deleted all the BE related files in the map BESetup in the game directory

after that i downloaded the latest dll file from battleeye.com

put that in the folder and launched the Arma2OABE.exe as admin

seemed to fix it for most of my frends

May I ask what exact problem they had?

some of them had the problem that Battleeye failed to update

And some had the problem that it said Failed to Launch the game

Okay I got it working!

1. Delete everything Battleeye from OA

2. Verify local cache with steam.

3. Replace BEClient.dll and BEServer.dll with ones from battleeye.com

4. launch Arma 2 OA with the ArmA2OA.exe (not with steam)

For DayZ

5. Open dayzcommader and uncheck the option to launch arma 2 with steam in the settings.

6. Update Arma with Dayzcommander

7. Repeat step #3

8. Profit!

It seems as long as I don't run with steam it works.

Well it was working by using the OA exe but upon loading into the game it crashed and told me to use the steam launcher or oa be :/

Well it was working by using the OA exe but upon loading into the game it crashed and told me to use the steam launcher or oa be :/

Again, please check my PM, I'd like to investigate this directly.

Again, please check my PM, I'd like to investigate this directly.

It is now working, on my third try at launching the game through the exe and joining a server it closed the game and actually launched battleye. I can now launch through steam.

Friend of mine is still having issues I am unable to explain how I fixed the issue, it seemed completely random.

I expected the migration to Steam to be a mess, lo and behold.

First ACR wouldn't activate on Steam for some reason, but that was probably something with Steam servers. Doesn't matter. What does matter is the BE updating through Steam that basically makes the game unplayable. When trying to start the game the command prompt tries to install BEservice, error window pops up, command prompt says failed.

We don't really need that do we, we'll just manually download the .dll file from their website, that always worked in the past, right? Wrong. Use the launch options to start the game without battleye, get to a server, game crashes and a command prompt again, except this time it's asking me to run it as administrator. You can imagine it made no difference otherwise I wouldn't be writing about it here.

This does not for a happy consumer make.

If I go into my expansions folder and uninstall BE all files disappear except for the two exe files. When I start Arma OA after that I'm able to go all the way to joining a server then get the BE failed error in game.

I close my game and go to my properties next and and verify files, It finds the missing files and re-acquires. I then try to launch OA and the BE install window initiates, I then install it.

As soon as it's installed I immediately get no game but a command prompt window again informing me its failed.

I'm able to still launch OA using the exe files but the outcome from that is a game crash telling me to launch through steam next time.

Myself and several friends are completely out of the game right now waiting for a fix. Has anyone made any solid progress?

It seems like luck really if you just keep spamming re-installing battleye and or arma eventually it works, its extremely frustrating, I got mine working but my friends are still having issues.

I expected the migration to Steam to be a mess, lo and behold.

First ACR wouldn't activate on Steam for some reason, but that was probably something with Steam servers. Doesn't matter. What does matter is the BE updating through Steam that basically makes the game unplayable. When trying to start the game the command prompt tries to install BEservice, error window pops up, command prompt says failed.

We don't really need that do we, we'll just manually download the .dll file from their website, that always worked in the past, right? Wrong. Use the launch options to start the game without battleye, get to a server, game crashes and a command prompt again, except this time it's asking me to run it as administrator. You can imagine it made no difference otherwise I wouldn't be writing about it here.

This does not for a happy consumer make.

Please try the solutions posted in the FAQ entry here: http://www.battleye.com/support.html. And yes, the new BE Service is needed, otherwise it wouldn't exist. Note that this is unrelated to the move to Steam, it was just released at the same time.

If I go into my expansions folder and uninstall BE all files disappear except for the two exe files. When I start Arma OA after that I'm able to go all the way to joining a server then get the BE failed error in game.

I close my game and go to my properties next and and verify files, It finds the missing files and re-acquires. I then try to launch OA and the BE install window initiates, I then install it.

As soon as it's installed I immediately get no game but a command prompt window again informing me its failed.

I'm able to still launch OA using the exe files but the outcome from that is a game crash telling me to launch through steam next time.

Myself and several friends are completely out of the game right now waiting for a fix. Has anyone made any solid progress?

What exact error do you get at this point?

It seems like luck really if you just keep spamming re-installing battleye and or arma eventually it works, its extremely frustrating, I got mine working but my friends are still having issues.

I repeatedly offered you help via PM and I don't understand why you won't respond to me. I need to investigate this problem directly on someone's system, otherwise there is no way for me to identify and fix issues with the current BE Launcher.

Edited by $able

I sent you a PM, im willing to use my pc to guinea pig this and find out what's going on.

Please try the solutions posted in the FAQ entry here: http://www.battleye.com/support.html. And yes, the new BE Service is needed, otherwise it wouldn't exist. Note that this is unrelated to the move to Steam, it was just released at the same time.

Why are you referring me to the same suggestions already posted in this thread?

The installer in the game directory doesn't even start up, should have mentioned that earlier.

Edited by Chedo

Why are you referring me to the same suggestions already posted in this thread?

The installer in the game directory doesn't even start up, should have mentioned that earlier.

Those are all the solutions that are currently known, so I wanted to make sure you tried all of them (this thread is quite cluttered as well). Could you clarify what exact error you get at this point?

Note that the original BE installer is not related to the issues being discussed here.

Edited by $able

http://shrani.si/f/1Q/qs/2J2MSMZT/1.jpg (116 kB)

This.

And by installer I mean the one that downloads into the directories with the game, not the one from previous iterations, which is the one I presume setup doesn't find for some reason.

Or if it's a different one I don't see why it downloads with the game and where is Battleye supposed to install from.