torndeco

extDB (arma3 extension linux/windows)

Turns out the extDB_Debug doesn't have the ability to check version. Once I added both extDB and extDB_DEBUG addons it worked correctly.

Turns out the extDB_Debug doesn't have the ability to check version. Once I added both extDB and extDB_DEBUG addons it worked correctly.

Debug version does have the ability.

In fact if it was broken, you wouldn't be able todo anything. More than likely its just user error

Hi Torndeco,

Do you see my pm about supporting Extdb2 in PDW ? :)

• Like 1

I noticed you recently updated to Version 70 on the github, which while contains support (I assume) for SQL_CUSTOM_V2, still uses SQL_RAW.

Would it be a huge time saver for me to update our exDB2 version from 62 to 70 without having to write out and change the SQL queries, considering its still using the old query calls? as our current server is still running the old version with SQL_RAW as the protocol.

Or will I still be required to update our network backend to SQL_CUSTOM_V2 to update to extDB2 Ver 70?

(Also the [Main] Version = 5 line at the top, is this just for revision checking? and if so is it changable to possibly [Main] Version 70 so we know which revision we are running on the server?)

Regards, Carl.

It takes 5 minutes to patch SQF from SQL_RAW -> SQL_RAW_V2.
All thats difference is the result you get when a SQL Query returns empty result.

SQL_RAW  =  [1,[[]] ]
SQL_RAW_2 = [1, [] ]

Timeline

SQL_RAW_V2 Added: Apr 11 2015

SQL_RAW Removed: Jul 4 2015

------------------------------------------------------

The Version Info is really just to let people know there are new options.
Just compare your version against the example one.
Will take less than a minute

But If I just update it to version 70, without updating to SQL_RAW_2, there won't be any errors?

I have absolutely no SQL experience, so i'm completely winging it here.

All I know, is, for instance, our init.sqf is

"extDB2" callExtension format["9:ADD_DATABASE_PROTOCOL:Database2:SQL_RAW:%1:ADD_QUOTES",_life_sql_id];

I have no idea what other files I would have to change serverside, or in the extDB2 ini itself to get SQL_RAW_2 working without errors. And I don't know if updating to that would incur errors within our current database, as it has been running SQL_RAW this entire time.

I wanted to test the latest version (70) on my server with the mod Reign Of Jurassic and I get this error:

error.png

It crash the server.
I installed Visual C ++ redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2013 and Visual C ++ redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015.

I use a windows 2008 server.

You should advice?

@yourry
You are missing vc2015 redist, remember it needs to be the 32bit version i.e vc_redist.x86.exe

Yes you're right, I did not have the 2015 version of X86.
The version 2013 is not enough, it must be 2015.
If you can update the information about git and Armaholic, this can help.
Thank you

Wiki got updated awhile ago, was switched over from vc2013 -> vc2015 just before christmas.
Should be installed on most GSPs, since Exile is using the latest extDB2 version.

Hi,

any chance anyone has still somewhere saved linux static build for old extDB v35? (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64)

It would help me a lot, I've been trying to build it from old cloned repositories, because the original is down, but so far no luck. I'm probably still missing sth.

It would be really appreciated.

EDIT: Thanks for the PM, solved.

Hello, I have a question regarding extdb2 and marma - are these two mods working witch each other?

Hello, I have a question regarding extdb2 and marma - are these two mods working witch each other?

Incase you aren't aware, i am author for extDB2 & mARMA extensions :)

------

Working with each other ?

Technically they share the same memory allocator tbbmalloc when you are running them.

But otherwise they work completely seperate to each other.

So yes you can run them both at same time, there will be no issues.

Hope that answers your question

Thank You for fast answer.

Yes I knew that You are author of mARMA too (btw excellent work), that`s why I asked directly without further explanation :)

Next question would be: which tbbmalloc should I use? Shipped with mARMA (168,632 KB) or with extDB2 (86,2 KB)?

You can use either one, i would use the extDB2 one (Its the updated version)

Just remember for latest extDB2 requires vc2015 x86
While mARMA requires vc2013 x86 (i been meaning to rebuild this with vc2015)

• Like 1

I'm trying to move away from the whitelist.txt for BEC and move to the extdb2 option for whitelist database. There's some examples on the github but I'm still unsure how I can make a smooth transition from one to the other. I like the reliability of having the whitelisting done in a database instead of a txt file and it's less convoluted that way. Adding the example tables and then using an rcon tool like EPM Rcon Tool should do the trick or is there some more documentation out there?

Version 71
https://github.com/Torndeco/extDB2/releases/tag/71

This is just a minor maintance build
SQLite Update: Long INT DataType in SQLite should now be supported

• Fixed: Minor Issue of not trimming whitespace from INPUTS Options in SQL_CUSTOM_V2 ini file.

• Updated: Poco Library
  • Updated: TBBMalloc (Windows Build only)
  • Updated: MySQL

Hi torndeco,

Thanks for your hardwork on ExtDB2, it's been a great help, however, I've been unable to access the GitHub page for ExtDB2 (https://github.com/Torndeco/extDB2), and keep receiving an error relating to the page not being found.

Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Thanks,

> Chewz

• Like 1

Scared to see ExtDB2 GitHub closed :s

Any information?

I am kinda fed up with Arma lately, not sure if i will bother to release anything publicly anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Reason:
I have asked a certain addon to not redist extDB2, because i don't believe in their interpretation of their license.

Unfortunately i can only ask, kinda what happens when you make something opensource.
But they are still gonna redist extDB2 files anyways.

Other Reasons:
Arma still hasn't implemented a string command that escapes quotations. 
     Pseudo Code find and replace all  "  with "". Its a 10 minute job tops, arma is already using Boost Library  ;) 

Arma still has a memory allocator for memory allocator, that you can't disable we are talking Inception level crap right here :ph34r: 
Arma went and added logging overhead for callExtension.
  They already had it coded & implemented when they asked for my feedback  :huh: 
  Was basically implemented for rpt logging of callExtension taking to long for badly coded extensions.

Linux Servers Performance sucks so bad
  Imagine not having to pay for Windows OS License Fee for a dedicated server. Would help out the little people
    Hell i would help out if had access to the code for a week, but they don't give community access for obvious reasons.
  BIS don't compile a version of binary without JEMalloc statically linked. Would be nice to use PRE_LOAD to change the mallocs around.
        i.e using transparent huge pages

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless i rewrite parts of extDB2 i.e
switch over to MariaDB C Driver instead of MySQL C Driver
and remove Rcon code
That way i can change the license this is basically the end.

I am sure there will be other extensions people will make, hell they will prob be alot easier to use than extDB2.
Especially with the new getUnitLoad commands etc that are in latest arma but still WIP

Can a moderator please lock this thread thanks

This is really bad and sad news. Sorry to hear that.

Thank You torndeco anyway for this great extension, it was (and still is) pleasure to use it.

Well this is sad to hear Torndeco, you've been a great developer for the ArmA community have introduced one of the most efficient MySQL saving systems for ArmA 3 (with other cool features too :D), I appreciate your work, and your reasons. Some people are inconsiderate and don't understand the hard work and dedication of some people to input into making, not just ArmA modifications, but extensions like yours. They don't spend their time creating their own content, and then understand the frustration of it being taken/used even when asked for it to be removed, and this is what will probably remove myself from the ArmA community, I've been developing since the Takistan Life days, wanting to fix code for a community that made me an ArmA addict, and ever since my skills have improved and improved and every time I make something unique it gets taken without my permission and then used and distributed beyond my control.

Shit happens, I'll probably be removing myself soon from ArmA if my new upcoming project gets ripped, it's sad to see it go Torndeco, you're a great guy and you've contributed massively to the ArmA community, and I'm sure 99% of people who has worked with ExtDB/ExtDB2 or any of your additions respect your work and had a pleasure using it.

Anyone did performance comparation with Arma2NetMySQL and ExtDb?