Sign in to follow this  
genpatton043

Thread: Multiple High Command Units For One Side During One Mission.

OK, maybe I put this thread in the wrong place before, so now its here.

Multiple High Command Units For One Side During One Mission.

Can it be done and how? I'm designing a mission that hopes to have two players controlling there own rifle companies, or at least parts of one, but I can't figure out how to do it or if it can even be done. I've tried assigning different names to each module, however, the first module always ends up controlling all EVERY BLUFOR unit on the map.A Different faction would work also if that's any easier.

Thanks,

Chris

Feel free to delete this same thread on the Q&A page if need be. I thought that for some reason A2 Editing was closed because I couldn't find it at the time so I put it there. ✌

Use command hcSetGroup.

If the commanders are called COMMANDER1 and COMMANDER2, and the groups to be commanded are called groupNameA, groupNameB, groupNameC, and groupNameD, and both players are to command two groups each, then put this in a trigger somewhere:

COMMANDER1 hcSetGroup [groupNameA]; COMMANDER1 hcSetGroup [groupNameB];

COMMANDER2 hcSetGroup [groupNameC]; COMMANDER2 hcSetGroup [groupNameD];

I might also add that you need both HC modules, but just link them to one another, but not to anything else.

Edited by James McKenzie-Smith

Thanks a ton. Appreciate the answer, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. But I got it going with one difference and that being I still had to create 2 separate HC/commander/Subordinate modules and still link them to to their respective groups. Regardless, who cares, exactly what I was looking for.

Thx again!