Sign in to follow this  
Johny

ARMA 2: OA Beta build 125402 - Steam Mp Lobby (1.63 build, Steam only)

Beta build 125402 has just been released on Steam.

Change log:

- fixed Steam command line parameters parsing

- PlayerID is now SteamID

- improved BattlEye implementation (Steam Launch options updated)

Is PlayerID using steamOwner or steamPlayer as source?

The update quits at 11.7Mb / 12.1Mb for me and is then stuck on "paused". This happens whenever I try to download the patch via steam download manager or by hitting the play button. Every time I want to start the game via steam it asks me to update an the download will then quit without warning at 11.7Mb.

I'm using steam for several years and never experienced anything like that. Deleting the clientregistry.blob and the appcache did not solve the problem. Am I the only one having this issue? It sounds to me like parts of the download-data are corrupted. But thats just a guess of course.

Any help appreciated.

Just launched up my game after this patch, and I've noticed that the Squad URL field has gone. Was this intended, or is it a bug? Also noticed the UI doesn't sit very well now either.

996699abd0.jpg

The update quits at 11.7Mb / 12.1Mb for me and is then stuck on "paused".

That is really weird. Unless you tried it already then try logging off and on Steam and then verify integrity of game cache. If this does not help then I would try switching to main branch and then back to "beta".

I've noticed that the Squad URL field has gone. Was this intended, or is it a bug?

It is a bug. The squad.xml should still work, the problem is UI only. You can manually set up squad.xml by editing .ArmA2OAProfile file

class Identity
{
face="Default";
glasses="None";
speaker="Male01";
pitch=1;
squad="http://SQUAD_URL.com";
};

The Player ID is deprecated as a result of UI bug, but the game uses your whole steamID.

Is PlayerID using steamOwner or steamPlayer as source?

the same as Arma 3 - steamPlayer

That is really weird. Unless you tried it already then try logging off and on Steam and then verify integrity of game cache. If this does not help then I would try switching to main branch and then back to "beta".

It is a bug. The squad.xml should still work, the problem is UI only. You can manually set up squad.xml by editing .ArmA2OAProfile file

class Identity
{
face="Default";
glasses="None";
speaker="Male01";
pitch=1;
squad="http://SQUAD_URL.com";
};

The Player ID is deprecated as a result of UI bug, but the game uses your whole steamID.

the same as Arma 3 - steamPlayer

Thanks, got scared for a second there!

BEService.exe gets flagged as suspicious by Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4013.4013 and gets quarantined.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-090200-2232-99&vid=42293

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/33549/b64832335482349.jpg

The update will remain in Paused state in Steam indefinitely.

i was just about to post the same finding :)

I don't have Arma 2 on steam. Are these beta patches incompatible with my version of Arma 2? Am I stuck with patch 112555 until release(god knows when)?

You're stuck with 112555 forever ... unless you convert retail ArmA 2 OA to Steam. 112555 was the last retail patch. 116523 was Steam only and had both GameSpy and Steam multiplayer. Further patches after that had GameSpy removed and replaced by Steam multiplayer.

You're stuck with 112555 forever ... unless you convert retail ArmA 2 OA to Steam. 112555 was the last retail patch. 116523 was Steam only and had both GameSpy and Steam multiplayer. Further patches after that had GameSpy removed and replaced by Steam multiplayer.

B.. bu... but what if my friend has non-steam version and I do? Could we play in the same Multiplayer session?

- PlayerID is now SteamID

This effectively kills the DayZ Mod and renders multiple million characters on the publichive useless, as the (once uniquely distinguishiable with the ARMA 2: OA UID) characters are bound to the (now old and obsolete) playerUID

Oh, and apparently it now decides I must play the game in German, despite everything else (files and other versions) being in English.

Edited by kichilron

Would indeed be useful if the original PlayerID would still be accessible in the form of the usual "getPlayerUID" command or some new eg. "getPlayerUIDold" command.

Also connecting to a dedicated server with client running on the same PC just returns "Connecting Failed", if I switch the server browser from "Internet" to "LAN" connecting works flawlessly.

This patch breaks the game/server.

You need to make it possible for users to choose/downgrade beta versions in steam or something, cause this won't work.

There is no point in having users stuck with one version (latest) they can't control.

Updates through steam sure great easy way of distributing the patches and so, but not being able to choose patch version doesn't work.

And please change it back to the original PlayerID instead of the steamId or whatever it's called, that will screw things up bigtime with the Private Hive packages, and since few are still supported they will die out..

Edited by Squadron_2

The only reason why this is causing massive problems is because there is no way of avoiding the update. If only we could get the option to install any patch we want (like we used to be able to with the retail version), everything would be fine.

We could stick to one version and support that one instead of being stuck with the newest version, which none of us can use. You can't even chose to opt out of updates, as Steam forces you to update if you want to start the game.

The only reason why this is causing massive problems is because there is no way of avoiding the update. If only we could get the option to install any patch we want (like we used to be able to with the retail version), everything would be fine.

We could stick to one version and support that one instead of being stuck with the newest version, which none of us can use. You can't even chose to opt out of updates, as Steam forces you to update if you want to start the game.

^This! Needs to be changed so we have the option to choose version.

...so I'd rather not (yet) integrate my lovely Arma2 into that steam thingy (I haven't yet), or what?

:confused:

You don't have to launch it through steam, you can still use older patches without steam even if you integrate it.

BEService.exe gets flagged as suspicious by Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4013.4013 and gets quarantined.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-090200-2232-99&vid=42293

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/33549/b64832335482349.jpg

The update will remain in Paused state in Steam indefinitely.

There appears to be no way to proceed, and I'm wondering if my Steam A2OA installation is corrupted after a partial update. Even if I opt out of OA beta programs, OA remains in "update Paused" state. Did the update partially install before the BEService.exe was quarantined? WTF!

-----------

Edit: After opting out of betas, I validated game cache. 6 files were corrupted and were re-downloaded. Then all is good, but of course I can't play with beta, which is essential. After updating SEP client virus defs, BEService.exe was quarantined again. Not good.

Note that when I validate game cache, admin credentials are requested, and then I'm asked if I want to remove ACR DLC. Of course I clicked "No," but ... this seems odd.

Edited by OMAC

i updated my servers yesterday to the latest patch 1.63.125402

and now my servers arent shown in any list anymore...

no gametracker... no lgsl on my page no nothing... wtf?

did you guys change the whole query stuff on arma2 like you did on arma3 now?

newer patches 1.63 uses steam ingame browser because of gamespy closing. This is a good thing, but they have to make it so users can choose beta patch version and not be stuck with 1..

if there is one beta patch that works... there is no need to choose between more than one...

updates are made to be installed... bugfixes etc...

but what i was talking about is the fact that the serverviewers on our page arent working anymore with the new version... so the whole query stuff needs to be changed here as well...

There is still a need to be able to choose patch version otherwise the mess that is right now will continue. This latest patch breaks the game and without the option to choose beta we are now stuck and have to wait for a "fix"..

If the option to choose beta exists we can easily downgrade and select the most stable beta until the new releases are tested and working, if you've been around the arma community a while U should know this. Allot of the beta versions are far from stable..

We are only talking about adding a dropdown list to the game on steam so we can choose.

if there is one beta patch that works... there is no need to choose between more than one...

updates are made to be installed... bugfixes etc...

but what i was talking about is the fact that the serverviewers on our page arent working anymore with the new version... so the whole query stuff needs to be changed here as well...

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/STEAMWORKSquery#Additional_details

I got a patch for OA yesterday and as a DayZ mod player its kind of broken it, people are getting kicked from servers now as battle eye can't update. On top of that when i start up OA steam doesn't think im playing anymore and just says im online.