Sign in to follow this  
Azz

Weapons performance

So im playing the campaign and kitting out all my men with weapons

now obviously weapons like the

Steyr Aug

G36

XMS

Have a advantage to the Players as they can use the sight's with them accordingly to get better shot's

and also the

SVDDragunov and M21 are good for players too

But these 2 weapons also Help the AI with there sight's

Because they are classed as sniper rifiles. hence AI shoot further with them

Yet I dont see any performance diiffarence with my AI

if i have one with the Steyr or or one with the AK74 they both seem to perform the same.

so what im wondering do these weapons make a difference to the AI or is it just a veriaty of choice to the player.

SO do these weapons all have different aspects that are better than another about them

Like does the HKG3 thave an advantage over the HK

if for AI use or player use ?

From what I noticed,  all the guns shoot the same distance.  Whether it be a 9mm HK or a 7.62 AK47.  Really not that realistic.  Like you said, some just have scopes for better targeting.     Thats my opinion anyway. smile.gif

I also remember reading in the forums that the new berretta 9mm handgun in Resistance can shoot as far as an m16. wow.gif

Im sure a M16 can shoot as far as a SVD it's just you cant see it

I like the Look of the HKG3 and the FN-FAL

I always had the feeling, that the G36 is a bit more acurate than the other assault rifles. (i.e. the M16 or the AK74)

But maybe I just have this feeling, 'cause the G36's Scope is somehow "clearer" than those of the others.  wink.gif

Then there's the question of recoil. Maybe the G36 has less recoil than the other weapons, and thus seems more accurate.

The G36 is without a doubt more accurate. That is my weapon of chioce anyday. biggrin.gif

I just think its a bit lame that the G3 and FNFAL are exactly the same, just different models, with different sights. They have the same sounds, same accuracy etc.

dont u think the g3 and fal weapon sounds are really lame?

they sound like a pathetic squelch or something

yuck

Most of the new sounds are lame, the AKs sound like toys to me now, I loved how they used to sound especially in burst.

I haven't noticed any difference in how the AI performs with different weapons, all I ever armed them with throughout the campaign was M21, SVD, PK, AK47cz and AK74/grenade. I never found they made use out of anything else.

Ive found the AIs are far better with MGs now. And (I think) EVERY weapon in OFP will go in a straight line forever in its current trajectory until it hits solid or maybe the edge of the map. I dont know but thats what I strongly suspect

they start to drop over a long distance dont they?

The MP5 nine millimeter rounds, at least, do start to drop over a long distance. If you want confirmation, play the BlackOps HALO mission online. Try using the spray 'n' pray method with the MP5 from the hilltop near the castle to rain bullets down on St Pierre. I have to aim an inch or so above normal. I still make more kills with that method than the others do with the G36. The MP5 rocks.

The real problem with weapon performance is that certain rounds do more or less damage than they should. For instance, the M16, the AUG, and the G36 are all .223 caliber. However, the G36 alone kills in one shot anywhere on the body, I believe. Now, the M60 is .308, a caliber that does much more damage in real life. Yet it doesn't kill in one shot in the game unless you hit a vital part. Even the fifty caliber, which is much more likely to kill in one shot in real life, does not do so in the game. I mean, why is the .223 G36 more destructive than the fifty caliber machine gun?

Post of mine from the Constructive Criticism thread:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

34. This is my personal view on how I would like to see the damage system in flashpoint. I'm trying to not use precise damage values but more roughly the shots needed on certain locations to kill. In my opinion, a headshot should always be fatal, no matter what weapon used. I'm excluding other hit locations than chest and legs here, because I'm not familiar with how many different locations there are in total. Its pretty obvious though, that a hit to arm should not take minimal damage only, because of them blocking the chest very often and thus creating the illusion of players surviving tons of chest shots. If possible to check wether a strong bullet would hit multiple locations (i.e. arm+chest), this should be implemented, might be complicated though or even already in the game, dunno.

Furthermore, I'm limiting this to infantry weapons and co-axial mgs only. I will not mention different types of the same weapon in the 'weapons' section, as I assume it's pretty obvious that an ak74 should do the same damage like an ak74su, that an ak47 should do the same like an ak47cz and that an m16 should do the same like a xms.

Anyways, here is the list, note that it is mainly to show which weapons should belong into the same damage category and not differ in-game:

(calibre / chest / legs / weapons)

.50cal + 12.7x109 / 1 / 1-2 / m2, m2east, m2 co-axial + nsv co-axial

7.62x51 + 7.62x54 / 1 / 2-3 / g3, fal, m60, m21, m240 co-axial + svd, pk

7.62x39 / 1-2 / 2-3 / ak47

5.56x45 / 1-3 / 2-3 / m16, steyr aug, g36

5.45x39 / 2-3 / 2-3 / ak74

7,62x25 + .45 / 2-3 / 2-4 / tt33 + (none yet)

9x19 + 7.65x17/ 2-4 / 2-4 / mp5, bizon, cz75, 92fs, glock17 + skorpion

There are some other nice ideas, which i want to adress together with this list: Yesterday, I had a nice experience when i rammed a vehicle. The ai driver, disembarked the moment I did so, but he was faster and shot me in the legs. I was forced prone and shot him in the chest, killing him, with my trusty beretta. The experience of the auto prone was great and added a lot of atmosphere. My idea about this is that there should be a 70% chance for any hit and not only certain leg hits to knock you off your feet. Unlike some leg shots which won't let you stand up again, you are free to do so with those regular hits though. It just should knock you off your feet. Maybe some modifiers on how high the chance is, could be given according to the type of weapon. A 9mm pistol for example would be less likely to knock you off compared to a chest shot with a m16. Furthermore any hit, should cause a little red flickering on the screen. Very often you fall on the floor face down, only to realize a second or two later that you were shot due to the lack of hit effects. Those suggested new hit effects, combined with the above mentioned chance for any hit to knock you off your feet, would be very nice additions.

Now some comments on the weapon list on top, especially in terms of balance. As stated above the exact values for the damage were avoided and instead only displayed with the average amount of hits to certain locations that will kill you. The Russian weapons might seem a little underpowered, compared to other weapons, but in reality they were a tad less effective due to calibre size. However, I still chose hit counts that are very close to each other and only noticeable that you will sometimes need one hit more with the russian weapons. Most of the time, the needed count will be the same though. To compare this, at least in terms of the standard weapons m16 and ak74, the ak offers full auto mode for human players, which should already even things out. However, AI does not benefit from this, what I would like to change. At close ranges, AI should more likely use full auto or longer random burts with aks. This alone would balance things out already.

<span id='postcolor'>

Comments were welcome back then and still are... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Azz @ July 07 2002,07:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im sure a M16 can shoot as far as a SVD it's just you cant see it

I like the Look of the HKG3 and the FN-FAL<span id='postcolor'>

It can, totally. I messed around with an addon once that was basically an M16 with a scope, and i saw the shots travel to sniper distance easily.

And yeah, the G3 and the FAL do look bad ass biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The MP5 nine millimeter rounds, at least, do start to drop over a long distance. If you want confirmation, play the BlackOps HALO mission online. Try using the spray 'n' pray method with the MP5 from the hilltop near the castle to rain bullets down on St Pierre. I have to aim an inch or so above normal. I still make more kills with that method than the others do with the G36. The MP5 rocks.

<span id='postcolor'>

It's not an MP5 buddy, it's an HK tounge.gif

And I don't care about accuracy. I find it a welcome change from games like Counter-Strike. I like the bullet going where I'm aiming...

well its actually a MP5 SD6 they just made the display name HK the model is called:

model="HKM5_SD6_proxy";

and for the ai there are two values that calculate the speed and distance they shoot at, ALL of the bis guns have the same values

aiRateOfFire=5.0;

aiRateOfFireDistance=500;

is on every single handheld weapon in normal ofp, the new weapons seem to have been changed though....

(ill use single fire for all of these)

UZI = aiRateOfFire=0.500000;

aiRateOfFireDistance=100;

CZ 75 = aiRateOfFire=0.500000;

aiRateOfFireDistance=50;

G3(and FAL) = aiRateOfFire=0.500000;

aiRateOfFireDistance=200;

i chose a sample from each class (pistol, smg, rifle) they stay the same in each class, and it looks like the fal and g3 have another deficiency over the normal guns as they are much shorter ranged