Sign in to follow this  
yoannis1995

VAC Voice Activated commands problems

Hi,

I've just tried to use VAC to command my units using this profile: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150814-Voice-Activation-for-Arma-3-via-VAC-Builder-Profile-and-other-software&highlight=voice

But half the commands don't work. For exemple I can't select the unit 8 or 9, doesn't do anything. Other exemple, when I say "2, 3, 4 assign team blue" It makes them go stealth or once when I said "5, return to formation" it made him drop his backpack... I don't understand why it doesn't work because it seems to be working just fine on the differents videos we can find... :/ Any ideas how to fix it ?!

I had the same problem, i would say fire, stop use all the commands but the game wouldn't issue it for the soldiers

I think there is a similar and perhaps better program called GlovePIE that allows you to control the game via speech.

Not sure, I never used it

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166228-Articulate-Squad-Voice-Command-Utility-for-Arma-3

Articulate for Arma 3. Designed specifically for Arma, works out-of-the-box, no profiles to mess around with, and free.

That aside, the most important thing using voice activation is properly "training your computer". Run through Speech Recognition Voice Training several times, the more you do it, the more accurate your results will be.

Tried this one too, same problem it don't recognize most of the commands

Is it payed?

Nope.

If you are interested with GlovePIE, you can try the following scripts for ArmA 3:

1) Suchy's script. And

is a video demo using Suchy's script

2) My basic script (use Nov 28 update).

There may be other scripts out there you may stumble upon. Why GlovePIE? Powerful, fully-customizable, free software. :)

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Tried this one too, same problem it don't recognize most of the commands

Here are my thoughts on this...

1) As with other programs which rely on Windows SAPI, training (the one mentioned by Harzach) for accuracy helps a lot with speech recognition.

2) This is not just for GlovePIE but it may also hold true for others (VAC, Articulate): Mic settings. On my machine, I set Microphone boost to +20.0 db. In-game, I lower down the music, effects, radio volume. Play with those settings and see if it helps.

For whatever program you decide to use, the most important part is to enjoy voice control in ArmA 3. It has a lot of conveniences to offer. :)

Good advice.

Suchy's script is very well done.

To avoid accidental inputs, i toggle "listening" on/off with this command line:

Microphone.Enabled = Mouse.Button5