Dwarden

Official Zeus servers from Bohemia Interactive

just to be sure, is the same problem on all ZeuS servers ?

US 01-04 and EU 01-04 and EU A-D ?

trying to be sure if it's config related or something else so need to know if it's everywhere or just somewhere

trying to be sure if it's config related or something else so need to know if it's everywhere or just somewhere

Earlier this week is was on US 02/03/04 

Right now it's only on US 03/04

I don't play on the EU servers due to ping

Try it. Go on to the US Zeus servers as admin and try to switch the map from 48+2 to 16+2. It will switch back to 48+2 after the "loading" screen. Its bugged.

will see after 1.66 update

Hi, 

Empty objects and compositions are still missing from Zeus interface in 1.66 ...

I read that it would be fixed in the next update. But it's been a few updates already, and 1.66 stable just came out.

What's going on?

wCoziZQ.png

On 10/5/2016 at 9:51 AM, silentghoust said:

Zues cannot spawn intel objects, AA tanks, CTRG(apex) soldiers/groups, small bases/buildings, ect.

I am pretty sure the cause of the issue are "Set costs" modules in official Zeus scenario (or "Set costs" internal functions). I have unpacked official Zeus PBO file, removed "Set costs" modules from scenario and ran it on my own dedicated server. And no bugs after that in official Zeus game. I think it could be possible temporally (or permanently) remove costs system from official game scenario, because it absolutely useless function, and all zeuses switch it off always.

On 01/01/2017 at 8:42 AM, Bocaj said:

What happened to admin debug console on official servers?

http://i.imgur.com/Lf3GO8D.jpg - Parameter set to enabled

http://i.imgur.com/QPL4X4n.jpg - Not in menu

http://i.imgur.com/o7QJj7z.jpg - Exec field not available

http://i.imgur.com/JKs47lC.png - EU#4 official server

The debug console is for logged-in admins, not voted admins.

1 hour ago, pwner said:

The debug console is for logged-in admins, not voted admins.

I don't see a reason for this to be honest. 

On 1/4/2017 at 0:39 AM, Bocaj said:

I don't see a reason for this to be honest. 

There is definitely a reason for this.

Y'see, the debug console essentially allows anybody with access to it to acquire high-access control over the server, in a way.

In other words, you can definitely use it to, say, crash the server. And with the ability to actually enable it, it gives Hackers(who hack using scripts) the ability to access it if they want to and make things like Nazi-symbol Quadbikes with flying abilities appear.

On another note though, to the Devs, is there any possibility of you fixing the broken scenario on the servers, which prevents the Zeus from spawning buildings or objects, or is it just not high on your priority list at the moment?

• Like 1

Hi, as of now Anti Air tanks are now missing from Game Master's menu in Official Server on the Zeus Stratis 48+2 scenario. So we cannot place down a Cheetah or the Tigris. 

We can't place down empty objects, now we can't place down some tanks. Please fix ASAP!

Hey, as it currently stands, official Zeus missions still lack empty objects, like sandbags and razor wire. This is incredibly frustrating. We were told it'd be fixed 2 months ago, yet nothing. Has BI just given up?

5 hours ago, A. Lietuvis said:

Hey, as it currently stands, official Zeus missions still lack empty objects, like sandbags and razor wire. This is incredibly frustrating. We were told it'd be fixed 2 months ago, yet nothing. Has BI just given up?

as there still wasn't update to 1.68 then nothing changed, i suggest you test 1.68 RC before commenting state of old 1.66

• Like 1

Hi BI team.

is there any reason that @cliantside mods that dont affect overall gameplay are prohibited on "OFFICIAL SERVERS" most notably:

-any mod that adds ability for Zues to use his own custom compositions

-soundscape mods like Dynasound and Blastcore.

-Ares and achlies (these only add functionality for zues)

-YOUR OWN "OFFICIAL ADR-97 MOD"

-Radio mods

is there any reason or just because the servers require a SPECIFIC GAME VERSION and any added mod alters the game version.

can this be adjusted, can you add whitlisting keys to mods that would not give the individual an unfair advantage.  

i feel that adding this functionality to any official server would be a great boon to the players and the overall game experiance

in relation to accessability

On 3/20/2017 at 1:53 PM, darkdrift3r said:

This was to show off the Arma 3 Steam Workshop. Soundmods are anybody's guess, the Ares/Achilles functionality should eventually be included into the vanilla zeus interface.

On 3/20/2017 at 3:53 PM, darkdrift3r said:

Hi BI team.

is there any reason that @cliantside mods that dont affect overall gameplay are prohibited on "OFFICIAL SERVERS" most notably:

-any mod that adds ability for Zues to use his own custom compositions

-soundscape mods like Dynasound and Blastcore.

-Ares and achlies (these only add functionality for zues)

-Radio mods

is there any reason or just because the servers require a SPECIFIC GAME VERSION and any added mod alters the game version.

can this be adjusted, can you add whitlisting keys to mods that would not give the individual an unfair advantage.  

i feel that adding this functionality to any official server would be a great boon to the players and the overall game experiance

in relation to accessability

If you want to whitelist mods that do not give an individual an unfair advantage, most of the mods you mentioned should not be added;

A. Soundscape mods edit the sounds and range of various events and triggers, so, for example, with Dynasound you would probably be able to hear a gunshot better than a person who does not have it.

B. Ares and Achilles, though add functionality, give a LOT more control and power to the Zeus(Ability to execute scripts, teleport players, etc.) and while I would personally support such an idea, giving such a power to the Zeus will just be more of a bother to BI themselves(although you could potentially just add SOME of the functionality and not all of it).

C. In relation to the ADR-97 and such weapon mods, that WOULD give an individual an unfair advantage, because those who do not have the mod would just be seeing a person holding an invisible gun without any sound to it shooting whatsoever.

D. Radio Mods would also give another unfair advantage to clans and groups and further divide the players in the server than is already done. But a good way to counter such thing is if BI would host SPECIAL public zeus servers that use either ACRE or TFAR and require you to do so.

The servers do not require a specific game version, they simply check the signatures of all your addons and if they spot additional signatures that are not authorized or compatible with the server the players having those additional signatures will be denied access to the server until they remove said signatures off.(this also includes files, and not just signatures.)

And in final, regarding to anything mods, I'd like to remind that the more mods be added, the more divided the server/playerbase would become(especially if you enable the ability for people to use any mod they wish, though not force everybody to have said mods.)

On 4/7/2017 at 7:49 AM, lankercool said:

And in final, regarding to anything mods, I'd like to remind that the more mods be added, the more divided the server/playerbase would become(especially if you enable the ability for people to use any mod they wish, though not force everybody to have said mods.)

Yes, and this is why @dwarden needs to convince the development team to incorporate the most ubiquitous quality of life mod features out there into the master branch of Arma 3 (for example: the ShackTac UI radar, assigning your own color as a group member a la ACE, a towing ability for jets so they can move in reverse and unstick themselves).

They have already done this with Zeus, the stamina system, and the End Game revive system.  They just need to continue doing it for the other most popular mods so that vanilla Arma is a far more playable experience and so that the community does not continue to be divided into this archipelago that we have here.

Also if you're reading this @dwarden -- please incorporate the most useful of the Ares modules into the vanilla Zeus module list!  For example, teleporting individual players would be a huge help as a Zeus on the official vanilla servers.

Would it be possible to allow admins to temporarily ban people from the server? I recently had a case where two users were teamkilling everyone, getting kicked, and instantly reconnecting. this made it almost impossible to play and took up all of the admins time. And I'm certain the admin didn't log in just to kick people for about 30 mins straight.

On 4/6/2017 at 6:49 PM, lankercool said:

If you want to whitelist mods that do not give an individual an unfair advantage, most of the mods you mentioned should not be added;

A. Soundscape mods edit the sounds and range of various events and triggers, so, for example, with Dynasound you would probably be able to hear a gunshot better than a person who does not have it.

B. Ares and Achilles, though add functionality, give a LOT more control and power to the Zeus(Ability to execute scripts, teleport players, etc.) and while I would personally support such an idea, giving such a power to the Zeus will just be more of a bother to BI themselves(although you could potentially just add SOME of the functionality and not all of it).

C. In relation to the ADR-97 and such weapon mods, that WOULD give an individual an unfair advantage, because those who do not have the mod would just be seeing a person holding an invisible gun without any sound to it shooting whatsoever.

D. Radio Mods would also give another unfair advantage to clans and groups and further divide the players in the server than is already done. But a good way to counter such thing is if BI would host SPECIAL public zeus servers that use either ACRE or TFAR and require you to do so.

The servers do not require a specific game version, they simply check the signatures of all your addons and if they spot additional signatures that are not authorized or compatible with the server the players having those additional signatures will be denied access to the server until they remove said signatures off.(this also includes files, and not just signatures.)

Tbh the developers could probably get permission from the creator of the ares and Achilles expansion mod to modify it a little and take away the things that give the zeus "to much power" or even change the function of certain modules.. like the knock unconscious could make it so that it can't be used on players or completely remove it, the toggle captive can only be used on AI, there are a lot of things they could change to make it more "fair to everyone" and then implement it into the servers. Either way I would love to have the ares/Achilles expansion mod on the official servers.

Edited by Sannin2

The Custom difficulty is still broken. Is there an ETA on the fix for that because I want to host games with something between Regular and Veteran.

Hi. After last update debug console not available for logged admin. Could you fix it? Thanks.

16 hours ago, AlexRUS said:

Hi. After last update debug console not available for logged admin. Could you fix it? Thanks.

IIRC, they disabled it because someone made a ban script.

My opinion on the matter is that I'd take one powerhungry badmin banning all players on the server and having another group restarting it in the next coming hours/days than to be stuck without one.

I can't set the new Tanks with different camos, nets, and the reactive armor, which I find funny, because I went into the virtual garage to copy all the new stuff into a .h file and now it's just sitting there.

I can't add stuff like BLUFOR striders and Gorgon to the blufor side for more variety for the players, or change the contents of NATO's boxes to represent a fake faction/PMC groups.

I can't use simple menus that clean up garbage that's not part of the game because a player entity dropped it, or manage games a bit better.

And in the case of the persistent troll who sits at his computer constantnly reconnecting to the same server over and over, and over, and over again-I cannot get rid of him, at least until the server restarts.

A lot of Quality-of-Life stuff was lost with that update despite what we gained. I just wish this gamemode would receive another update to address it, but whatever, we'll see what the future holds...

On 15.04.2018 at 7:37 AM, Victruso said:

IIRC, they disabled it because someone made a ban script.

I think so too, but anyway, with no admin console and with no save/load in zeus menu official server goddamn boring and have no sense for "professional" zeuses.

I don't get how we are still having this conversation. We tried it and it did not work. The problems that the Debug console created, Zeuses also being the Admin and holding servers hostage, kicking / temp-banning people that complain to or about them and so on and so forth, clearly outweighed the possible gains. Which mainly were increased view distance and a full arsenal. Which afaik would be relatively easy to invorporate into the prefferences and modules respectively. And from my experience there is no "professional Zeuses". There is a few people who clearly think they are. But quality mission builders are, lets be honest here, part of a unit and don't hang out on the public servers.