Dwarden

Official Zeus servers from Bohemia Interactive

servers back up on 1.64.138510 build (perf 0)

• Like 1

Hm... strange, but some of things, supply boxes, construsctions etc vanished from Zeus menu...

• Like 1

Yeah, update 1.64 broke Zeus at all. Many things has been removed and side filters are disappearing (look at screens below)

142e00312707a71fb9fdef4dff65dbed.jpeg  7d5c51bf93a41b7a7c2d2dd362b9c413.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi, I reported a similar issue while the update was in dev branch and I read it was fixed. Any reason why its been undone?

I read the post fix here: 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-44

• Fixed: Pasting a text into the Search field would delete factions from the Create field in Zeus 
  • Like 2

Ok, this is frustrating. It seems like the 1.64 update has downgraded the Zeus experiance. First of all, we can't place down many structures and pre-made structures anymore.

Plus, when we remote controll an enemy unit and kill a player, it will show up as me doing friendly fire.

Also, co-operation has gone out of the window since dynamic groups was introduced. It's making group making awkward because team leaders are begging other people to join you. Players are just going to whatever group they please even if their asked to stay, so groups are not balanced and it becomes a clusterfuck. I liked it better when Zeus set players into to a group without giving them an option. This new system is not promoting cooperation.

Dynamic groups works fine

Parameters are broken. You set it for Mod to not be able to edit anything, but they still get full rights!

Fixed (I think)

Please remove dynamic group in Zeus, its not helping cooperation  :cry2:

Thats just your experience. I found it very usefull the last few games I played. Now it is a piece of cake to set up squads.

Also what the guys above said. Zeus needs every asset in the game/as many assets as possible available to create cool missions. Please don't take away from our creativity by limiting what Zeus can spawn. Thank you!

• Like 1

Thats just your experience. I found it very usefull the last few games I played. Now it is a piece of cake to set up squads.

Also what the guys above said. Zeus needs every asset in the game/as many assets as possible available to create cool missions. Please don't take away from our creativity by limiting what Zeus can spawn. Thank you!

That's just your experience. I found it a mess the last few games I played. Now its a disorganized mess to set up squads since players won't stick to their groups.

I found it a mess the last few games I played. Now its a disorganized mess to set up squads since players won't stick to their

If the Zeus and the admin on the server let the session devolve into team killing and an overall unorganized mess then that is the problem of everybody involved. The intentional team killer for being childish, the Zeus for not punishing people for acting up, the admin for not kicking troublemakers and the other players for not advocating serious game play. If you stand up and say "No team killing or kick!", "Listen to orders or kick!", you can get even the most disorganized group to get some kind of organization going.

Now that takes some effort, I get it but just claiming that the Group menu is bad leaves out the part where you didn't even try to make it work. And that is negligence on your behalf. I hope the admins see that too and leave it in.

Also please add Revive to the parameters in Zeus game modes. That will help a lot with encouraging teamwork and team-play.

Thank you BI! Stay awesome!

• Like 1

If the Zeus and the admin on the server let the session devolve into team killing and an overall unorganized mess then that is the problem of everybody involved. The intentional team killer for being childish, the Zeus for not punishing people for acting up, the admin for not kicking troublemakers and the other players for not advocating serious game play. If you stand up and say "No team killing or kick!", "Listen to orders or kick!", you can get even the most disorganized group to get some kind of organization going.

Now that takes some effort, I get it but just claiming that the Group menu is bad leaves out the part where you didn't even try to make it work. And that is negligence on your behalf. I hope the admins see that too and leave it in.

Also please add Revive to the parameters in Zeus game modes. That will help a lot with encouraging teamwork and team-play.

Thank you BI! Stay awesome!

Without any name calling, I see your point. My first few public zeus sessions with this new system were awkward.

Perhaps it will encourage more players to organised into groups, which I hope it does soon. 

But I also fear it might not.

For a long time, there was a routine carried out in many public sessions. Through trail and error, random people somehow found a way to organise groups.

Future Zeus's would follow this routine. Other Zeus's would copy this routine from other Zeus's. I follow this routine, because I saw other Zeus's do it. Then other random Zeus's would copy it from me. Why? I have no idea. All I know is that it works.

A few years and many public sessions later, enough people got the message. 

All of the sudden it was second nature. Anyone who took that public Zeus slot, knew the routine, no reminder needed. And it was good.

If you play zeus often (finnsimmons), you must have seen it:

1) The Zeus would place a few flags/ ask players to line up against the wall.

2) Zeus would then ask players to pick their team leaders, usually people with mics.

3) Players are then assigned a team leader.

4) Players would then group up next to their flag/ next to their team leader.

5) Finally, Team leaders ask Zeus to group them up.

I liked it partly because the routine was psychological: it encouraged cooperation early in the game. Early cooperation meant we were enjoying those rare Arma moments I only see in private milsim groups.

Now that group management was introduced, I have have a few concerns. The players can now pick their groups themselves, so there's no reason to do step 1), step 2) or step 5) since Zeus doesn't need to be involved. I am not seeing the routine in my sessions. So psychological aspect is not being achieved.

Now that group management is involved, the routine has become awkward to achieve. 

Why should BI add this new system, when the old system worked fine? It seems like player's will have to go through the trial and error method again, which could take months, if everyone is to follow a common routine. It feels like an unnecessary solution to a problem. Only that this problem (grouping players), was not a problem at all because of the routine.

In conclusion, please make Group Management Optional in parameters

I definitely agree with digitalgeo here, some admins would rather have put the Zeus in control of the squads, and making the group management optional wouldn't require much work in the first place.

BUT, you simply cannot blame the group management for behavior the players are giving off.

Nowadays Official Public Zeus is just a mixed bag, as the community has changed and so did the servers, as its almost always consisting of some guys who don't speak english or some guys who don't want to cooperate.

But i've managed to find a simple fix: Charisma.

So far, in my playtime in the servers, I've noticed that while everyone runs around like a bunch of sheep, usually they will take up a "shepherd" if there is one.

Of course, this shepherd needs to be charismatic and leading in nature, or atleast sound like it in voice.

Having a shepherd/leader won't guarantee FULL control, but it will guarantee some.

And no, being an admin doesn't automatically make you a shepherd/leader, you need to have a thing for it.

On that note, anything previously mentioned such as Revive function in the parameters and group management becoming optional would be appreciated, as it would give the admin a little bit control and so more to the players.

EDIT: Also, ontop of the "old system", I gotta be honest, it was pretty terrible.

Lining up and forming using flags was a terrible one, as it gave the players choice, but will make them naturally go to an empty flag or just not go into any flag at all(including me at most times, as I hate this system quite so myself)

Now, the original system was quite more simple, and seemed to work sometimes.

We'd line everybody up to a wall, have people volunteer(or be chosen) to be Squad Leaders and we'd pick people out like in a classic Dodgeball game in high school.

While this removed the players' choice about whichever leader they go under, it seemed to incorporate more organisation(or maybe the people at the time were simply more cooperative).

In the end, all these systems are flawed to an extent, and require cooperation(all of them).

The system won't be flawed if there's no player to ruin it.

• Like 4

My personal system is to have as little intervention as possible unless absolutely necessary.

I'm Twiddle by the way.

Usually, my missions are structured in such a way that it is entirely up to the players to organize--self sufficient leaders. I am not there to babysit them, I am there to make a mission.

The absolutely necessary part comes in when the mission has derailed, people are being crazy, etc.

My most recent experience of this was a Stratis Syndikat mission, where the team members began 'rebelling' against Syndikat, killing our objective, etc.. After giving them a couple mulligans, I decided to roll with it. Solomon got unhappy and sent an extermination squad to eliminate them, due to their gross incompetence and defection from Syndikat. Non defectors could flee via boat while extermination squads executed all of the traitors, before a mission fail.

Just one example of intervention.

• Like 1

I would like to offer another useful feature - save the script. Often I want to create a base, put arsenal, ammo boxes, vehicles, etc and save it for future games. It would be very useful to have the opportunity to save Zeus from the routine and allow to save time.

I would like to offer another useful feature - save the script. Often I want to create a base, put arsenal, ammo boxes, vehicles, etc and save it for future games. It would be very useful to have the opportunity to save Zeus from the routine and allow to save time.

Huh? You offer this feature? Send me download link so I can use it XD

That was mean, sorry

I think the Zues missions for the official BI servers need a update. Zues and Game Moderator positions have their settings in a weird configuration even when both are "godmode" enabled.

Zues cannot spawn intel objects, AA tanks, CTRG(apex) soldiers/groups, small bases/buildings, ect.

Game moderator. Cannot remote control, rotate/move units after placement. But can place Apex units, bases/buildings, AA tanks, ect.

Also a integration with the new Apex revive system would be nice. Possibly put on a param as well.

• Like 2

Hi, I have a (hopefully) small request. 

Currently, players will get a notification to when a new person takes the Game Moderator slot.

However this notification is non-existent for the Game Master himself.

When the Game Mod slot is taken, players will get a notification to who the new game mod is. The Game Master on the other hand will get no notification. If the new Game Moderator is a troll, he can take the slot, mess up the session, then exit the server before the Game Master relies's something is wrong.

My request(s):

- Make the notification visible to Game Master as well

- OR (better still) disable all rights completely by default for Game Mod (for Official Zeus servers), so we don't have to worry about troll game mods

In the official servers, the Game Mod's the default rights (only editing is allowed) is not a good compromise. 

In the usual sessions, Game Masters either want full mod rights so mod can help create larger objectives or completely disabled mod rights to prevent troll mods (one extreme or the other). The default rights can't achieve either since it doesn't allow object movement but it still allows trolls to delete all the objects or move objects/spawns in inappropriate places.

The common practice right now is to vote an admin to edit those rights. 

However it would be appreciated if the default rights were disabled completely, for our convenience.

Thannks,

digitalgeo

You always can enter to server as admin and change permissions, or ask admin to do it.

I'd like to give some proposal

to change permissions selection:

- remove from game mod ability to place marks on map (if game mod have no rights) and give ability for Zeus to remove marks, placed by other players (sometime trolls use it to make a mess);

- turn on/off Game mod slot;

- change number of players (from 12 to 32 for example);

- change number of sides (1-2-3 sides);

And one more, we need punishment system for trolls and TKillers: player, who was kicked, can't enter to server at least 10 min, or respawn them on the small island or can't move or shoot, use vehicles, put markers and talk in chat.

Most of the Offical US Zeus Servers are bugged and stuck on certain maps.... 

define bugged? each server has pre-selected to start with specific scenario only ...

voted-in admin / or via voting mission select you can chose what scenario to run

define bugged? each server has pre-selected to start with specific scenario only ...voted-in admin / or via voting mission select you can chose what scenario to run

To follow on from Dwardens advice.

To vote an admin press J key. Choose your own /someones name from the list and use the vote admin option beside it.

define bugged? each server has pre-selected to start with specific scenario only ...

voted-in admin / or via voting mission select you can chose what scenario to run

To follow on from Dwardens advice.

To vote an admin press J key. Choose your own /someones name from the list and use the vote admin option beside it.

That has been tried. Both USA 03 and 04 are bugged... They are STUCK on Tanoa 48 + 2 Master Zeus...

Voting an admin, #missions, Selecting a new mission all work fine until you attempt to launch the mission by hitting OK at the class selection window.. The map will appear to load and then when it is finished loading it defaults back to Tanoa 48+ 2 Master Zeus