Sign in to follow this  
Sillywabbit

recoil, weapon sway, fatigue whats happend?

Studies shown that you actually holds much more oxygen in your body than you can hold your breath, is a panic reaction of your body, you would have to be near of passing out to have such negative effect on your body, and as long as you by pass the panic reaction by, keep holding your breath you will be fine

The effect is nothing like passing out, nor blacking out, it's more like your eyes are struggling to focus properly, it's difficult for me to explain it in English but the effect is easily noticeable when you're at a shooting range.

Some folks think 'hold breath' is like taking a bong toke --I can hold it for 30 seconds too!

7 seconds at the bottom of the exhale is the sweet spot for aiming.

I don't have any problem with fatigue - they are logical. And breathing issues will affect shooting proportional to distance. If someone is got "no Fun" from this, i think they choose the wrong game.

Has anyone been working on a fix for this? I'm not here to take grief from people who think it's "real". I'm mainly concerned about the time a soldier can run before being forced to a slower pace. At the moment, my special forces are running 100-150 meters before being so overcome by fatigue that they slow to a jog. This is just plain BS. I, as a heavy smoker, can run over 100 meters. My father, at age 55, could still pass his annual PT test which involves a 20km run. At 55. And the man was armored corps. Not an infantryman.

Again, I'm not here to argue with people. I don't care how you like YOUR game to run. Or how you think MY game should be run. I want to know if anyone has found a fix for this that I can use to enjoy the game again.

If you stop moving for five seconds, it seems to work just fine. And if you're playing without a resting mod, you're crazy.

The system as it is in stable is fine. The sway is way more natural, and even with BUISs I'm hitting at least as much if not more than before.

I have only had ONE weapon that is as bad as everyone is saying. And that is the HLC G3 stuff, which is probably because of an error.

Maybe there's a bug that's causing it to be worse for some people, but even with a decent amount of weight, I can run around and as long as I catch my breath for a moment before rushing into the breach, I'm good.

You can't just sprint, shoot, sprint, shoot for 6 klicks.

If you sprint and exhaust yourself, aiming at long range should be difficult without using support. Even for training operators, if you are breathing hard and catching your breath it's going to impact marksmanship if you aren't in a very stable position.

If you're rested, it seems like sway is less noticeable now, but when you're winded it's more noticeable. And no matter what the sway feels better to me.

If there are actual BUGS that are breaking the system from working as intended, then lets talk about those, don't just complain. Because it's not that bad as it is right now, and if it is there's probably something causing unintended results. So lets figure out what the bugs are, and report them. Don't just cry about the system as a whole being broken.

I suspect part of why there hasn't been a lot of acknowledgement of the issues with the suystem is because everyone just complains that it's "too much" without figuring out what is actually going on and giving specifics about those issues people are experiencing.

If you mean while you're moving, change your pace. You can't expect to run around gunning down anyone who isn't in close proximity. You're supposed to take a stable position whenever possible to take a shot. You should be able to hit things just fine if you pause to shoot or walk for a moment to shoot.

If you understand the mechanics, the system works great. I think it's a big improvement. So if you have issues, please be specific. "It's bad, bro" isn't useful to anyone, least of all you who's trying to enact a change in the system.

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Has anyone been working on a fix for this? I'm not here to take grief from people who think it's "real". I'm mainly concerned about the time a soldier can run before being forced to a slower pace. At the moment, my special forces are running 100-150 meters before being so overcome by fatigue that they slow to a jog. This is just plain BS. I, as a heavy smoker, can run over 100 meters. My father, at age 55, could still pass his annual PT test which involves a 20km run. At 55. And the man was armored corps. Not an infantryman.

Again, I'm not here to argue with people. I don't care how you like YOUR game to run. Or how you think MY game should be run. I want to know if anyone has found a fix for this that I can use to enjoy the game again.

Are you running around with an MG and a launcher? I've been able to run around with normal vanilla infantry, with a plentiful loadout for way more than 100 meters.

Sorry, but the game is the game. Maybe you're making mistakes you shouldn't be making. Look at what you're trying to sprint around with, be more aware, learn to manage your fatigue. The game shouldn't be "fixed", people need to learn to use the system so that it works for them. If you know how to manage fatigue, you can move quickly. You can also sprint more than 100 meters, so either you are totally loaded down and need to recognize that heavy loadouts have consequences and should so that you are encouraged to be smart with what you carry, or you have some sort of issue with how the fatigue system is working for you. Because that has not been my experience with anyone who isn't carrying too much.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

And holding your breath is a very gamey thing anyway. As far as I know, most shooting doctrine doesn't encourage you to hold your breath for any more than a couple of seconds, and many don't even want you to really do it at all, you just pause between slow breaths and fire at the end of an exhale. Natural breathing to ensure consistence and to avoid causing the issues you get from holding your breath for 15 seconds.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

The fatigue system in Arma is a gamebreaker to me. I'll never fully enjoy or support A3 on this fact alone. I love how people throw around the term "IRL" alot. Well, let me share my IRL experience. Just went to the local range with a buddy a few days ago. Sitting there thinking of this very issue, I decide to test it, "IRL". I hold my breath for 30 seconds, no gun sway So I can hold an aim for days without any swaying whatsoever, so how does this feature make the game, not only fun, but real?

Were you fully erect holding at least a full carbine rifle with gear having just walked for 50 minutes with said gear? Or were you sitting at a bench in shorts and a t-shirt having just hung around at the range?

Firing a rifle in a combat situation is very, very different from firing a rifle at the range. There are a lot of factors that just don't exist at the range. Even just the adrenaline of a firefight, without any of the added stress of maneuvering with gear and the patrol or movement before the firefight.

At range, that stuff adds up. You have to manage these things, you have to use fundamentals to control the effects of them. You can't just wish it all away. I think the current system works great for that.

Again, I wasn't looking for a reprimand on how you think I should play. I am asking directly if anyone knows how to disable the portion of the system that cancels sprint at a certain stamina level, without loosing the "out of breath" status as it pertains to aim sway.

I don't care if you want to play it this way. I don't much care if you think it's the way I should play. I asked if anyone had been working on removing this feature. I did not say "BI should make their game the way I like". Hence why I am looking for help here, in a troubleshooting thread about fatigue, rather than joining the MOBS of people who are asking BI to change the engine for everyone.

There must be some threshold in the code for when the game enforces the slowdown. I will pledge my firstborn to the modder who finds our fix.