Sign in to follow this  
Sillywabbit

recoil, weapon sway, fatigue whats happend?

recoil, weapon sway, fatigue whats happened? I cant even move any more if i move i cant shoot people -.- the weapon sway is out of control and the fatigue has gotten to the point its un-fun -.- Please change it for PVP game types -.-

I know what you are talking about. It's a mess. And BIS priority right now is fixing issues with Steamworks. Great.

It's like playing as Muhammed Ali while being in first person. Who cares? Not many. Because most of the people "just" play KOTH or Altis Life with 3P on.

In combination with laggy voicechat, it's not worth playing that game right now. My opinion.

Time to take a break or quit and play something else.

Edited by baZti

Ok, change a million copies just for you. What?

The entire framework of the series is YOU can modify and customize the game to whatever you want...

If you don't want to do the coding yourself, there are Mods and Addons you can install & setup yourself.

Armaholic, BIS Forums: Complete, BIS Forums: Scripting, BIS Forums: Config, etc

example: to turn OFF the Fatigue

this enableFatigue false;

Put that in the init box of each of the playable units.

Check out all the WIKI/Scripting here to start! Wow!!

There are almost zero limits to the ArmA series... ZERO! :cool:

Thats a great idea. Disabling the whole fatigue because of bugs.

And yes absolutly.... almost zero limits. Are we walking about mission files or addon/mods? ;)

Thats a great idea. Disabling the whole fatigue because of bugs

What bugs?

As soon as you are out of stanima, weird stuff happens and is ending only if you are dying (and starts again later). Uploading a video right now.

Do you mean the shaky aim while moving?

Yep, thats what I meant. Are you on stable branch? On devbranch you get the shaking aim when very fatigued but it is not permantent. Rest just a few seconds and it's gone.

Stable and it's perm (or you have to wait a loooooooong time maybe).

The sway and fatigue have been works of utter fiction since the game released, I'm sorry but i have to agree with baZti here and more some. Even before it was broken, it was silly, huge swooping figure of 8's that just get faster when your tired, only being able to hold breath for 5 seconds? my six year old can hold her breath longer than a spec ops solider of the future it seems. When firing a weapon the simulated recoil should be towards you, ie scope gets larger for a second then sways a little as you find your aim again, not pull the trigger and go into the figure of eight so heavily that your aim goes so high or low that you totally loose your target.

Goblin, people shouldn't have to mod the game just to experience a small degree of realism.

No amount of dlc content makes up for the lack of features in the engine, features that every other arma game has had.

Hold breath ability should depend on fatigue in my opinion.

Rested soldier = looong hold breath

Fatigued soldier: Just a few seconds of hold breath

The sway and fatigue have been works of utter fiction since the game released, I'm sorry but i have to agree with baZti here and more some. Even before it was broken, it was silly, huge swooping figure of 8's that just get faster when your tired, only being able to hold breath for 5 seconds? my six year old can hold her breath longer than a spec ops solider of the future it seems. When firing a weapon the simulated recoil should be towards you, ie scope gets larger for a second then sways a little as you find your aim again, not pull the trigger and go into the figure of eight so heavily that your aim goes so high or low that you totally loose your target.

Goblin, people shouldn't have to mod the game just to experience a small degree of realism.

No amount of dlc content makes up for the lack of features in the engine, features that every other arma game has had.

I take it your daughter often runs for kilometers while carrying a 50kg backpack before holding her breath?

I haven't played since version 1.8 because my pc fried up so i don't know the sway and fatigue got worse since febuary?

If you hold your breath IRL for more than a few seconds there will be negative effects on your aiming. Your brain starts seeing things with a minor delay compared to when they really happened and this affects your ability to hit your target. You won't notice the delay IRL, but you'll notice your (lack of) success at the shooting range in the end if you hold your breath for too long too often. In ArmA they took the simple approach to simply not let you hold breath for a duration that would have a negative impact on your aim IRL, which is something you shouldn't be doing anyway so it's not that bad.

I take it your daughter often runs for kilometers while carrying a 50kg backpack before holding her breath?

No i did that bit so she doesn't have to :p

If you hold your breath IRL for more than a few seconds there will be negative effects on your aiming. Your brain starts seeing things with a minor delay compared to when they really happened and this affects your ability to hit your target. You won't notice the delay IRL, but you'll notice your (lack of) success at the shooting range in the end if you hold your breath for too long too often. In ArmA they took the simple approach to simply not let you hold breath for a duration that would have a negative impact on your aim IRL, which is something you shouldn't be doing anyway so it's not that bad.

You do it on your breath out, and when breathing control is done properly you can hold for a while without negative impacts, breathing in is a different matter.

You do it on your breath out, and when breathing control is done properly you can hold for a while without negative impacts, breathing in is a different matter.

No matter how you do it, lack of oxygen from prolonged breath hold is going to negatively affect your vision after a few seconds, and it accumulates if repeated constantly, especially under physical stress.

Ok, change a million copies just for you. What?

The entire framework of the series is YOU can modify and customize the game to whatever you want...

If you don't want to do the coding yourself, there are Mods and Addons you can install & setup yourself.

Armaholic, BIS Forums: Complete, BIS Forums: Scripting, BIS Forums: Config, etc

example: to turn OFF the Fatigue

this enableFatigue false;

Put that in the init box of each of the playable units.

Check out all the WIKI/Scripting here to start! Wow!!

There are almost zero limits to the ArmA series... ZERO! :cool:

Oh and btw mr. wiseacre... before i forget... this enableFatigue false; is broken too. It's not deactivating everything which has something to do with messed up fatigue.

"Hold breath" is at the bottom of the exhale cycle ..., so 7 seconds is alot of time. Try it.

The thing that bothers me most about fatigue is the very short amount of time you can hold your breath, it is really very, very short. It's also part of the global fatigue system so you can't disable it.

Even if you are fully rested you can only hold your breath for a few seconds before horrible sway starts.

At the moment I barely have enough time to aim and shoot before the sway kicks in, it's very frustrating. I would like to be able to aim and get a least couple of shots off, like the previous Armas

The fatigue system in Arma is a gamebreaker to me. I'll never fully enjoy or support A3 on this fact alone. I love how people throw around the term "IRL" alot. Well, let me share my IRL experience. Just went to the local range with a buddy a few days ago. Sitting there thinking of this very issue, I decide to test it, "IRL". I hold my breath for 30 seconds, no gun sway So I can hold an aim for days without any swaying whatsoever, so how does this feature make the game, not only fun, but real?

The fatigue system in Arma is a gamebreaker to me. I'll never fully enjoy or support A3 on this fact alone. I love how people throw around the term "IRL" alot. Well, let me share my IRL experience. Just went to the local range with a buddy a few days ago. Sitting there thinking of this very issue, I decide to test it, "IRL". I hold my breath for 30 seconds, no gun sway So I can hold an aim for days without any swaying whatsoever, so how does this feature make the game, not only fun, but real?

You could probably be the best marksman in the world! :eek:

No sway for 30 seconds and you can hold an aim for days without any swaying whatsoever? I may be misunderstanding you, but holy shit that's amazing!

You could probably be the best marksman in the world! :eek:

+1, QFT

Yeah. right. I doubt it. If its true then you are a great shooter, far better than the average grunt or even the above average grunt. However, I think it is more likely that you just failed to recognize the ever so slight unsteadiness of the weapon. Its easy to do. Its why people miss. They think they are steady and on target but really they are not.

Weaponsway and fatigue are great changes imo. Yes they can be frustrating at times, but shooting in real life doesn't always go your way either. The trick is to get yourself in a better position to shoot the enemy rather than whine and complain about how hard it is to shoot them. Get closer, and get around their cover.

Cant wait for the inertia stuff. That will definitely put arma up there in the list of games with really unique weapon handling. If they could improve upon recoil, it might even be the one of the most in depth weapon handling I've seen in a game. Good job devs.

No matter how you do it, lack of oxygen from prolonged breath hold is going to negatively affect your vision after a few seconds, and it accumulates if repeated constantly, especially under physical stress.

Studies shown that you actually holds much more oxygen in your body than you can hold your breath, is a panic reaction of your body, you would have to be near of passing out to have such negative effect on your body, and as long as you by pass the panic reaction by, keep holding your breath you will be fine

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

ISDI ( I seriously doubt it) and let me propose you something, do some PT for 3 weeks, and buy a plate carrier and a lot of gear and run around with extra 80 pounds, run downhill, uphill, throw your self on the ground, and let's see if you last as long as the avatar in game