Sign in to follow this  
oddballsix

Changing Independent Hostility during Mission

I have a mission where I would like the independent side to meet in peace with csat. Two officers walk out, they have a disagreement, and run most of the way back to the APC. When they get near the APC, that side goes hostile to the other.

So the mission is configured so that independent is friendly to CSAT.

I need to tell the game to make independent hostile to CSAT.

I tried using "independent setFriend [csat,0];"

Which doesn't appear to work. How do I do this in ARMA3?

side1 setFriend [side2 , value]

Csat isn't a side, it's a faction. Try:

independent setFriend [east,0];

If "independent" doesn't work try "guer" or "resistance".

Thanks. "east" works. SetFriend is... inconsistent in how the AI reacts once hostility commences.

Setfriend is meant to be used at the start of the mission. Changing it part way through a mission can cause unexpected issues. It would be better to use setcaptive or join them temporarily to an enemy with 0% probability of presence.

Changing it part way through a mission can cause unexpected issues. It would be better to use setcaptive or join them temporarily to an enemy with 0% probability of presence.

Or so the biki says. The only 'unexpected behaviour' I noticed was when changing setFriend during a firefight: Some AI take notice of the change, others don't. But beside that it worked everytime (at least for me - no guarantee!). joinsilent would be better probably, it depends on the course of your mission though. Another possibility would be to work with addRating and positive or negative values. Both methods will conflict with AI from the same side. setFriendly is the only way to not get shot by units of the same side unfortunately, even though it 'might' cause unexpected issues. Just give it a try and see for yourself.