Sign in to follow this  
rulie-JDF-

too many mods...

Just saying guys...too many mods will kill this awesome game. I hope BIS takes notice and ultimately takes control of the outta control mod thing soon or...:(

Anyways, for now im going back to an AAS FPS game i've known for the last ten years...sort the mod situation out soon BIS or you will end up like nologic. :p

Edited by rulie-JDF-

i agree with rulie-JDF- , but I say better : BIS please finish your game , normally we would not need to mod, if the game was finished !

without modding arma wouldnt be the game it is. so i disagree there are too many mods. you can choose out a great pool of mods, some are becoming essential for the game.

granted, some things should be in vanilla like weapon resting and wounding system, but you cant expect the devs to put out as many vanilla assets as there are mods. they should focus on the engine/performance/platform/sandbox side of things.

Just saying guys...too many mods will kill this awesome game.

So indeed, something must done fast. Eg BIS could take away the game from the most active modders. And there should be immediate ban for releasing any mod on these forums. This will teach them to not spoil the game with their malicious work.

Seriously - modding isn't fixing and doesn't serve for "making the game finished". That's devs task, to make game complete and bug-free. Mods are for enhancing or changing existing content in non-vanilla directions.

Edited by Rydygier

i agree with rulie-JDF- , but I say better : BIS please finish your game , normally we would not need to mod, if the game was finished !

I disagree with the last part of that sentence. While the 'finish your game' stance some people seem to adopt I understand, I do not understand how you have somewhat negative connotations to modding.

Modding is fucking awesome, no matter how much stuff and features is in the game.

What bullshit are you speaking of, dont use mods and you dont have to think about it.

But for some people Arma cant go without it and there can never be enough mods. When you dont like the multifacetedness of mods in arma, i think its the wrong game for you.

BIS ever create this awesome game (sandbox) and the community make out of it what they want and thats a important factor for the arma series and i hope this will ever be the same in this series.

Erveryone can use the mods he want so where is the problem its since arma 1 so and doesnt kill the series, furthermore it make the series to what it is today.

Do you ever think before you write??? Do you know what happens to NOVALOGIC ;) (i dont think so)???? Maybe they where still in business with such a great community and mods variation.

On a related note, this forum has way too many threads. We really need to get this situation under control, so I'll start here...

:padlock: