Sign in to follow this  
Victim9l3

Fog and time

I have a mission set at 4:50 am October. I set fog to 100. I'm at ghost hotel. zero fog in game. But when I change the time of day to 5:50 am. I have 100 fog. Why?

I've tried different settings (I wanted 90 but didn't work so I raised to 100 with no success). I've tried changing Overcast, Rain, wind, etc. all to no affect. Why would there be no fog at beginning of mission no matter what the time is?

I do have a boat out to sea. At 4:50, if I team switch to the boat, there is fog way out miles out to sea. But why not on land?

And if anyone can tell me how to make dense fog lower to the ground, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

I used the set fog command. For some reason I ABSOLUTELY can't get fog within 100meters from me during the dark morning hours. I've tried different dates even. The only thing that is constant is I can't get ANY FOG until the sun starts coming up. If the sky is black then NO FOG. Once the sky starts changing to a blue color, fog starts to appear. It literally follows the light.

In October, I can't get fog unitl about 5:20 or so. (game isn't on so i'm trying to remember the exact times)

I used 3 methods. "setfog", using the module for weather, and using the regular mission settings. All set to 100.

5:20am I start to notice fog. Everything stops being crystal clear.

5:30am it gets to about 50%

5:45 might be close to 90%

It gets to about 100% around the time just before it starts to get pink. And that too, why is it still pink with full overcast?

When I changed months, like January, all the times change to later. The fog seems to follow the sky color. I even played with other settings like rain.

Doesn't bi monitor these forums? Can't we get some input from them?

I see fog as expected using either setFog or the weather sliders in the mission editor.

Do you have any repro steps, like an exact date and time?

If you're using TPW, try to set the groundfog in userdata/TPW.hpp to 0. That did the trick in my case ;)