Sign in to follow this  
OL

ARMA II OA CD Key Format?

Hi there,

I have a request that might be a bit odd/unusual! I am in the process of moving my ARMA II and OA products to Steam, as it seems like it would be easier to manage that way. For instance in the past when I have had SSDs fail or had to reinstall Windows, it has meant a fresh installation of both products and downloading all the patches. Having them through Steam would avoid this!

I have the CD version of ARMA II which I have activated through Steam no problem using the key supplied in the DVD case.

However, I purchased my version of OA through Greenman Gaming. The CD key they supply is 30 characters in length with no dashes between the groups of characters.

I have tried a few different variations of inputting the CD key into Steam with no success, like no dashes and dashes every 5 characters. However, Steam reports each method as being invalid.

Can anyone quickly check their CD key and let me know the format it is in so I can get it activated through Steam please?

Thank you :)

When i look at my CD KEY on Steam, it shows in the following format:

XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Thanks for the reply. That is how my retail ARMA II key is formatted too.

I wonder why the difference for Greenman Gaming?

I think I will contact them.

After a few rounds of emails with Greenman Gaming they have supplied me with a 16 digit code.

I will test it out this evening to see whether it works, as obviously it is different to the format displayed above...

To update this, I have been in contact with Jiri @ Bohemia support who provided me with my key extracted through my registry files. This has enabled me to install the game via Steam.

Cheers :)

Hi,

I also have a GMG version of ARMA2, the key they provide is the same as in register.

How to convert this key so it will accept in steam?

Thanks buddy, I will use that to contact directly. :)

Hey, sorry for bumping. I also have a GMG key of ARMA II (not OA) and been in the process of activating the game through Steam since Tuesday. I contacted the support team regarding this issue and until now, they are asking me for the registry file of Operation Arrowhead. Thing is, I don't even have the expansion (never purchased) so I'm not sure what to do next. Also, I have never installed ARMA II when I first got it.

You are going to need to install the game in order to be able to email the registry file to BI support. They will then email you the correct key for you to be able to use with Steam.

Thank you. I did what you said last night and they gave me a key to activate on Steam this morning. :)