Feint

Paddle Mod - RELEASED!

Hi Feint,

Will there be an update for the latest CBA version in next time?

Yes. I am just finishing up some localizing and will release very soon.

• Like 1

Any Idea how soon very soon is? This looks like a great mod, but I can't use half the features until it's updated for the new CBA.

Great mod. My unit was going to include this in our next mod overhaul, however the key bindings don't show up under configure addons. This is probably due to the change CBA made a while ago, any chance of seeing that update soon?

The mod seems to be out of date with CBA as none of the keybindings and configuration work. Any chance of an update soon?

Same as Finesseseth, would love to include this in my units mod pack but am waiting on the update to use the rope features, amazing mod though! :)

Same as Finesseseth, would love to include this in my units mod pack but am waiting on the update to use the rope features, amazing mod though! :)

Me too. Was giving a quiet test with the intention of our community using it, but the keybindings and the ropes are indeed broken.

Like the bush camouflaging. Had tried the keybinding but couldn't find option in config addons, now realise from above appears broken.

Would love to see this rope feature in use and dragging boat into hiding place.

Next on my wish list would be the working limpet mine also by Feint released.....please.

Thanks for all your hard work for our community, much appreciated.

So..

I have modified the addon to be compatible with the new CBA Keybinding system. At least seems to be, though it will need some more testing. I'm releasing it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QpRbqnHzH2N2Z1VGV3LVhYOEk/view?usp=sharing

Obviusly all credit goes toward Feint for making this (and others) really good mods. I take no responsibilty either, although I just changed the init.sqf block which contains the Keybindings, so it shouldn't have any bugs. (Or no more than it already had). There's no key as I think it is pretty simple to sign a mod, and as I can't sign it with the original key, anyone needing it will probably already have an own key.

Cheers to everyone

• Like 1

So..

I have modified the addon to be compatible with the new CBA Keybinding system. At least seems to be, though it will need some more testing. I'm releasing it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6QpRbqnHzH2N2Z1VGV3LVhYOEk/view?usp=sharing

Obviusly all credit goes toward Feint for making this (and others) really good mods. I take no responsibilty either, although I just changed the init.sqf block which contains the Keybindings, so it shouldn't have any bugs. (Or no more than it already had). There's no key as I think it is pretty simple to sign a mod, and as I can't sign it with the original key, anyone needing it will probably already have an own key.

Cheers to everyone

Thanks, i try this fix.

The bush camouflage ability appears unique to this mod for ARMA 3, would it be possible to evolve it to be able to also apply camouflage to vehicles?

I'm thinking of use for SF vehicles in LUPs etc.

You're maybe onto a really good useful extra mod here.

• Like 1

For everybody asking for the CBA-Fix:

If you don't want to download zriel's version of the mod, simply put this into your init.sqf:

["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_ropeOnOff", "ROPE deploy/retrieve", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_ropeOnOff}, {true}, [DIK_T, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_ropeShorten", "ROPE shorten", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_ropeShorten}, {true}, [DIK_DOWNARROW, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_ropeLengthen", "ROPE lengthen", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_ropeLengthen}, {true}, [DIK_UPARROW, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_killSwitch", "Kill Switch ON/OFF", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_killSwitch}, {true}, [DIK_K, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_paddleStop", "Paddle to a STOP", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_paddleStop}, {true}, [DIK_X, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_paddleForward", "Paddle FORWARD", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_paddleForward}, {true}, [DIK_W, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_paddleBackward", "Paddle BACKWARD", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_paddleBackward}, {true}, [DIK_S, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_spinBoatLeft", "Spin Boat LEFT", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_spinBoatLeft}, {true}, [DIK_Q, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_spinBoatRight", "Spin Boat RIGHT", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_spinBoatRight}, {true}, [DIK_E, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_slideLeft", "Slide Boat LEFT", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_slideLeft}, {true}, [DIK_LEFTARROW, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;
["Paddle Mod", "paddle_key_slideRight", "Slide Boat RIGHT", {_this call PADDLE_fnc_slideRight}, {true}, [DIK_RIGHTARROW, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;

Awesome mod!

For everybody asking for the CBA-Fix:

If you don't want to download zriel's version of the mod, simply put this into your init.sqf:

<snip>

Awesome mod!

Hallelujah, paddling works again!  Thanks chief!

Anyone got a copy? link is broken...

Thanks to Feint for making it and zriel to fixing.

/KC

Anyone got a copy? link is broken...

Thanks to Feint for making it and zriel to fixing.

/KC

May PM Feint and ask him to fix it instead ;)

Looks like a really cool mod.

I have downloaded it through PlayWithSix, and can see it in the ARMA3 loaded Mods GUI Menu list, as 'available'.

Problem is when following instructions to Configure Keys for addons, it is not there, to configure.

I also moved @a3_paddle_mod to Root folder, and same problem.

I haven read through all messages here to see if this problem was answered.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

I haven read through all messages here to see if this problem was answered.

There are only 5 pages...

The answer is on this page...

• Like 1

Anyone have a link to a working version of this addon? It really is a must have on tanoa.

Cheers!

Edit: Nevermind, got it working.

(Open the PBO and replace the key-bit in the init.sqf with the code posted earlier in this thread).

We've been using the above init.sqf inclusion to keep this excellent mod working, however I'm getting the following rpt error:

18:33:14 Error in expression <is call PADDLE_fnc_ropeOnOff}, {true}, [DIK_T, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_f>

18:33:14   Error position: <DIK_T, [true, false, false]]] call CBA_f>
18:33:14   Error Undefined variable in expression: dik_t

Any help fixing this would be appreciated.   :)

Anyone have a link to a working version of this addon? It really is a must have on tanoa.

Cheers!

Edit: Nevermind, got it working.

(Open the PBO and replace the key-bit in the init.sqf with the code posted earlier in this thread).

Do you have the permission of the author? As i guess you haven't read the readme.

LEGAL:

This is an addon for the game Arma 3 created by Bohemia Interactive. It was created for fun and is freely distributed to the community of players for non-commercial use only. This addon is being given away for free and not for profit. As such, commercial or military use is strictly prohibited.

All sections of this addon are freely distributed to the community and may be opened (un-pbo’d) and reverse engineered for the purposes of learning. However, modification of any of those files is strictly prohibited. If you wish to modify, reproduce or change any part of this addon or adapt any part of it for use in your own addons or scripts, written permission must be obtained in writing prior to the start of any work. The sound effects may not be re-used in any way as they are from licensed materials purchased specifically for use with this addon or are original recordings and are the property of the addon-maker.

The author(s) of this software accept no responsibility for damages resulting from the use or misuse of this product and make no warranty or representation, either express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This software is provided “AS ISâ€, and you, its user, assume all risks when using it.

Use of this mod means that you agree with these terms and conditions.

©2014 – JON HILLENBRAND – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Hey guys I was wondering if the latest version of this mod (2.6) is now working with CBA keybinding ? Or is the problem still existing ?

Hi feint, great to see this mod getting an update.

Regarding the camouflage feature, could it be extended to land vehicles?