Feint

Paddle Mod - RELEASED!

Ooooh, sounds very cool. Will it have sling loading points and firing from vehicles enabled?

Feint you are doing a great job thank you for that. I have a question though about some of your earlier projects and the progress you made. You worked a lot with scuba divers, subs and more realistic approach to the sea enviroment. Have you abandoned that project?

Feint you are doing a great job thank you for that. I have a question though about some of your earlier projects and the progress you made. You worked a lot with scuba divers, subs and more realistic approach to the sea enviroment. Have you abandoned that project?

Would really like to know that as well would love to see your diving module, diving currently just doesnt feel right.

Cool additions Feint, and Good to see you back active ! :)
Very excited to see the update.

Thanks guys!

Ooooh, sounds very cool. Will it have sling loading points and firing from vehicles enabled?

The way this mod is written, it modifies existing boats (CRRC types) giving them new features. So the slingloading and firing from vehicles is already in those vehicles and my mod doesn't change that.

Would really like to know that as well would love to see your diving module, diving currently just doesnt feel right.

Thanks, and thanks for your interest in my other work. I've answered a few of these questions on my website and in PMs, but I've intentionally left the status a little up in the air because I don't want to commit myself one way or another to the fate of the Underwater Diving Module. I'll add an explanation there though since a lot of people still ask me about it. Look there in a little while for an update.

Version 2.0 is out now! You can use ropes for towing and dragging, you can camouflage your boat, CBA keys is enabled, and more!

Link in the first post.

NEW FEATURES (VER 2.0):

• In-game key menu (config addons) - CBA is now required
  • Throw and retrieve ropes
  • Shorten or lengthen ropes
  • Attach ropes to other boats
  • Pick up and move ropes to drag boat
  • Camouflage your boat mini-game
  • Move from driver seat to cargo seat and back

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

====================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Holy cow ! That looks amazing

top quality as always Feint - great mod mate

Wow, what you have done with the rope would be so cool for a towing script >.<

Awesome work as always. The 15th MEU also thanks you for allowing us to use your script on the AAV's.

Its been great seeing them splashing around and getting everybody all wet.

Hello there, I've test this mod, everything runs perfectly except the land interaction like grapin the rope when you're on your feet, trying to tow the boat. I don't have any action for grabbing the rope, so i can't use this feature. Did I mess something or ? Need a special key for the action ?

EDIT: Works in SP, not compatible with dedicated servers?

Edited by Sweedn

Thanks everyone!

Hello there, I've test this mod, everything runs perfectly except the land interaction like grapin the rope when you're on your feet, trying to tow the boat. I don't have any action for grabbing the rope, so i can't use this feature. Did I mess something or ? Need a special key for the action ?

EDIT: Works in SP, not compatible with dedicated servers?

Sorry you are having some trouble. I'll see if I can implement a workaround for the addaction not showing up on dedicated servers.

YES! :-) Thank you so mutch Feint! I was waiting for this so hard.

Only one thing:

Everytime I killswitch the motor my driver is jumping off the zodiac. Is it about my keys or a bug?

best regards,

ian

Heya Feint, wanted to say thanks for a great and truly functional mod. We've been playing around with CRRC's and the Mk.V quite a bit recently. Robalo and I jumped on the dedicated earlier and were trying to sort things, but did a few issues in the MP environment. Would love to see this fully functional in that regard, to which we happily offer any assistance we can provide (you're quite capable though).

Here is what we were doing and noticed at the time:

Took a CRRC out to the Mk.V parked close offshore, and attempted to throw the bag onto the deck of the Mk.V, in hopes of 'reeling' the CRRC in. Bag landed on the deck fine, but it took us a minute to figure out that the person 'throwing' is the only one who can work the other end of the rope. Which we figured out when throwing it at the shoreline a short bit later. Which was really cool, I like what you did there. It would be awesome if someone else could grab and work that end of the rope. If it does do that currently, we might have missed it, so please excuse my not having read everything or poked around your code. :p

An oddity we noticed on shore was that whenever one of us picked up the bag, that player would be standing inside a quad. Not visible to the player with control, just the others. Also Robalo mentioned he saw in a video that you could attach and tow things. We couldn't sort that with the MkV, I assume it's perhaps lacking a needed mempoint for these things?

It was really cool in the short time we played with things, and we've really enjoyed the paddling aspect.

• Like 1

YES! :-) Thank you so mutch Feint! I was waiting for this so hard.

Only one thing:

Everytime I killswitch the motor my driver is jumping off the zodiac. Is it about my keys or a bug?

best regards,

ian

That's weird. If your key is set to the same key as some other action, that other action may be performed at the same time. For example, if you have Shift B set to throw the rope, and you are sitting in the front of the boat where you can normally use your binoculars, and if you have B set to use your binoculars, then hitting Shift B will throw the rope and take out your binoculars.

To fix that, just change the keys you use for hitting the killswitch.

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Heya Feint, wanted to say thanks for a great and truly functional mod. We've been playing around with CRRC's and the Mk.V quite a bit recently. Robalo and I jumped on the dedicated earlier and were trying to sort things, but did a few issues in the MP environment. Would love to see this fully functional in that regard, to which we happily offer any assistance we can provide (you're quite capable though).

Here is what we were doing and noticed at the time:

Took a CRRC out to the Mk.V parked close offshore, and attempted to throw the bag onto the deck of the Mk.V, in hopes of 'reeling' the CRRC in. Bag landed on the deck fine, but it took us a minute to figure out that the person 'throwing' is the only one who can work the other end of the rope. Which we figured out when throwing it at the shoreline a short bit later. Which was really cool, I like what you did there. It would be awesome if someone else could grab and work that end of the rope. If it does do that currently, we might have missed it, so please excuse my not having read everything or poked around your code. :p

An oddity we noticed on shore was that whenever one of us picked up the bag, that player would be standing inside a quad. Not visible to the player with control, just the others. Also Robalo mentioned he saw in a video that you could attach and tow things. We couldn't sort that with the MkV, I assume it's perhaps lacking a needed mempoint for these things?

It was really cool in the short time we played with things, and we've really enjoyed the paddling aspect.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words. So here's how the rope throwing works at the moment:

1) Anyone in the CRRC can throw the rope.

2) When the rope is in the air, the rope bag has an event handler added to it known as an EpeContact event. Basically, if the rope bag hits something, it will try to attach to that object using attachTo.

3) If the rope bag lands in the water or on the ground, the EpeContact eventHandler is removed.

4) If the rope bag DOES attach to something, and that something has a selectionPostion called "SlingLoadCargo2", the rope bag will move over to that.

5) The rope then gets recreated so that the object attached to becomes the tow-er and the CRRC becomes the tow-ee.

So if you throw the rope onto the RHIB and it doesn't attach, that's weird. That happened to me once or twice in testing. But usually if I just tried again, the rope would connect and everything would be fine.

Now if the rope bag hits land or the water surface, then you can pick up and move the rope bag around, but you CAN'T attach it to another boat. That's just a hurdle I haven't figured out yet. I was trying to figure it out, but I wanted to release the mod for now and figure that part out later.

The quad is created for towing purposes. It will only be visible on dedicated servers. The hideObject command is local only and I have run hideObjectGlobal on all clients including JIP. I'll work on a bugfix to fix that and the problem of the addAction not showing up for players who don't throw the rope.

Edited by Feint

Thanks for the reply Feint. I tweaked the Mk.V, works much better now. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=382362407 :cool:

I'll ask Robalo for thoughts if we catch up today on the 'quad' scenario in MP. He'll probably have something useful. A couple extra thoughts while I'm here. Not that I'm a fan of adding more action menu things, but it would be if you cool pull yourself in from the CRRC. Although knowing how the rope stuff works, that might look a bit odd. Not a biggie either way.

The other thought was it would be nice perhaps to utilize a different 'name' for the mempoint, or perhaps sort some type of array option. With the non 'SlingLoadCargo2' taking priority. The issue for me locally is that I have a half dozen sling load points (not for helo's, more for dock operations), and yeah, my number 2 is no where close to being in a happy place for towing, none of them are really.

Edited by Hatchet_AS
grammatical

The quad is created for towing purposes. It will only be visible on dedicated servers. The hideObject command is local only and I have run hideObjectGlobal on all clients including JIP. I'll work on a bugfix to fix that and the problem of the addAction not showing up for players who don't throw the rope.

Hi Feint, thanks for the update.

I expect you only need to run hideObjectGlobal once. No need to run it on all clients, that would create unnecessary traffic.

For the addaction/removeaction, I believe you'd need to wrap them into BIS_fnc_MP calls because these commands have local effect only.