Feint

Paddle Mod - RELEASED!

mod_PaddleMod_300.png

This mod modifies most boats by giving them a killswitch for the engine and the ability to paddle the boat around silently. You can also use ropes with the boats for landmarking while swimming and as an anchor. The Zodiac-style boats receive improved maneuverability and engine power. You can also bury or camouflage the Zodiacs using bushes found nearby as well as use the ropes of the Zodiacs for towing.

NEW FEATURES (Version 3.0+):

• Bury the boat in soft surfaces like sand and dirt
  • In-game key menu for keys (config addons)
  • Throw and retrieve ropes as driver of Zodiacs
  • Shorten or lengthen ropes
  • Attach ropes to other boats
  • Pick up and move ropes to drag boat
  • Camouflage your Zodiac with plants you can place and rotate
  • Move from driver seat to cargo seat and back in Zodiac
  • Paddle sideways when stopped

GENERAL FEATURES:

• Paddle forward and backward
  • Paddle to a stop
  • Rotate the boat left or right
  • Kill switch for the motor
  • Increased rudder effectiveness on Zodiacs
  • Increased engine power on Zodiacs
  • Most boats have anchors added

screenshots_10_LR.jpg

screenshots_11_LR.jpg

GENERAL FEATURES:

• Adds the ability to paddle forward and backward
  • Adds the ability to paddle to a stop
  • Adds the ability to paddle in a circle left or right in small degree increments
  • Adds a kill switch to the motor which can be enabled or disabled
  • Increases the rudder effectiveness of the base CRRC and similar Zodiacs
  • Increases the engine power of the base CRRC and similar Zodiacs

INSTALLATION:

1. Subscribe on Steam
  2. Define the following keys in your game settings:
    Configure > Controls > Configure Addons > Paddle Mod

REQUIREMENTS (VER 2.1+):

CBA

CHANGELOG:

Version 3.4

FIXED: Paddle to a Stop was stopping too suddenly

FIXED: Redundant check in Killswitch

CHANGED: Rubber_duck_base_F no longer modified! - instead, children of that are modified to maintain more precise control over unintended functions in boats and mods that use Rubber_duck_base_F as a parent.
CLASSNAMES MODIFIED (insideSoundCoef, rudderForceCoef, enginePower, thrustDelay, waterLinearDamping)

"Rescue_duck_base_F"

"I_C_Boat_Transport_01_F"

"I_G_Boat_Transport_01_F"

"I_Boat_Transport_01_F"

"B_Boat_Transport_01_F"

"O_Boat_Transport_01_F"

"O_T_Boat_Transport_01_F"

CHANGED: All paddle moves now require the boat engine to be off (let me know if this is a problem)

TWEAKED: Spin boat left and right is a little more realistic now in terms of maintaining velocity

TWEAKED: Slide boat left and right can now be done at a max speed of +/- 3 kph instead of 2

TWEAKED: Vehicle check is faster

VERSION 3.0
ADDED: A shovel to all of the rubber boats (CRRC-style)
ADDED: Ability to bury the rubber boats (and dig them up with a shovel in your hands)
FIXED: Killswitch method changed so AI no longer jump out of boat when killswitch enabled
ADDED: Killswitch to many other boats
ADDED: Anchor for many other boats (rope length based on z height beneath boat) -- this actually stops your boat from drifting away
ADDED: Support for MkV SOC boat (paddling, killswitch, anchor)
FIXED: CBA Keys again
ADDED: My URL to config entry
CHANGED: mod.cpp to new method with mouseover effects in game
CHANGED: Converted Keys to new CBA Keys methodology
CHANGED: Only CRRC drivers can now throw ropes
ADDED: Preview pictures to plants and rope back in Eden Editor

VERSION 2.6
FIXED: Fixed a bug where you couldn’t drop the rope bag after using Arsenal in Zeus

VERSION 2.5
ADDED: You can now slide the boat left and right when stopped with two new keybindings
ADDED: You can now use the shortcut keys to shorten and lengthen the rope when holding the rope bag (shift arrows up and down)
FIXED: Fixed a strange Zeus compatibility issue where you couldn't pick up the bag after using the Virtual Arsenal

VERSION 2.1
ADDED: a new rope bag object via config item - in Objects (camping) in the editor
FIXED: Quad appearing on rope bag on dedicated server
FIXED: addAction to pick up rope bag not appearing on dedicated server
FIXED: You will now drop the rope bag if you get into a vehicle or die
FIXED: I removed the ability to pick up the rope bag when it's attached to another boat
FIXED: addAction not disappearing after rope bag is dropped automatically

VERSION 2.0
-ADDED: In-game key menu (config addons) – CBA is now required
-ADDED: Ability to throw and retrieve ropes
-ADDED: Ability to shorten or lengthen ropes
-ADDED: Ability to attach ropes to other boats
-ADDED: Ability to pick up and move ropes to drag boat
-ADDED: Camouflage your boat mini-game
-ADDED: Ability to move from driver seat to cargo seat and back
-ADDED: Speed limitation to paddling forward and backward (10 kph)
-FIXED: Tweaked water splashes sound levels
-FIXED: Tweaked water splashes sound to be different on different surfaces

VERSION 1.0:
-Initial release

CREDITS:

Feint for coding, sound design and testing.

DISCLAIMER & LEGAL:

Any unauthorized modification of the released files is not allowed without any written permission by the author(s). 
You are using those files at your own risk. 
Author(s) of those files are not liable for any damage or loss of data caused by using of those files. 
Usage of those files is also prohibited for any commercial purposes.

All work © Jon Hillenbrand - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

screenshots_01_LR.jpg

screenshots_02_LR.jpg

screenshots_04_LR.jpg

screenshots_06_LR.jpg

Full Instructions with photos and videos are here:

http://feintgames.com/paddle-mod-intro/

The Paddle Mod 2.6 is available here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887302721

Edited by feint
Version 3.0 Released!!
  • Like 4

What is the detection ability for enemy AI Feint? Does this allow silent insertion/travel?

Enemy AI seems to be pretty alert at all times. But this mod does allow you to approach shores with less noise. I did a test just now with the "knowsAbout" command set to tell me in a hint how aware they were of me approaching in a CRRC on a calm night with no wind or weather.

When approaching the shore, the AI seemed to be alerted at the same distance whether the engine was on or off. However, with the engine on, the AI was aware of me at level of 0.67 awareness, but with the engine off and paddling, the AI was aware of me at a level of 0.47 awareness. Results may vary. This was just a quick test I did. Maybe the results would be more dramatic during a storm.

Either way, this mod also modifies the rudder and engine power as well as adding to a sense of immersion.

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

====================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
CBA requirement removed

Thanks Foxhound!

Edited by Feint

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@a3_paddle_mod.png

@ Feint;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Great addon, good work. I have a suggestion, with the engine kill not need controls in the mouse scroll.

Nice work Feint. Will it work in MP?

I've not tested it in MP but the actions added are on the config level, so they should all show up.

Great addon, good work. I have a suggestion, with the engine kill not need controls in the mouse scroll.

All of the controls are in the mouse scroll and the shortcuts are shortcuts to those config-added useractions. I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Can you clarify?

All of the controls are in the mouse scroll and the shortcuts are shortcuts to those config-added useractions. I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Can you clarify?

Yes my english is not good ;)

Actually, in the menu of the scroll mouse, appear all the options. If you use the action Kill the engine (you can do this with the menu or with the Key E), you can use the same keys for move, AWSD, for padel. For my with the E key for kill the engine, and AWSD for padel, not need this options in the scroll mouse menu. For my is not good have key movements in the scroll mouse menu.

You can use the shortcut keys and you don't have to use the scroll menu.

Define the following keys in your game settings:

1. SeagullFastForward (Kill Switch On/Off)
  2. SeagullForward (Paddle Forward)
  3. SeagullBack (Paddle Backward)
  4. GetOver (Paddle Stop)
  5. SeagullDown (Paddle Left)
  6. SeagullUp (Paddle Right)

Edited by Feint

This is my point, not need the scroll menu for use this keys, my suggestion is erase the scroll menu options.

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe in an update.

I've added a new feature to the Paddle Mod; the ability to drag it onto and off of the beach. Check out this video demonstrating the new feature:

When they are stuck on land or in shallow water, just use the action menu to start and stop dragging. If you get too far or too close to the boat, the dragging stops automatically.

The nice thing about this is that it doesn't use attachTo so it looks more realistic and the boat reacts to the ground and water more realistically.

This new feature will be added to version 1.1 in the coming days. I'm still putting the finishing touches on it. Stay tuned!

Neat ! Thanks. Can i ask what island what used in this video ?

Great looking addition Feint. Noticed no motor sound from the boat. Were you using your kill engine switch or is it broken by bootcamp patch?

I actually just drained the fuel for the test.

Maybe a to "realismy" suggestion, but is it possible to set max paddle speed in relation to number of people in the boat?

Five people paddling will generate decent speed while only one person aboard will be very slow.

Maybe a to "realismy" suggestion, but is it possible to set max paddle speed in relation to number of people in the boat?

Five people paddling will generate decent speed while only one person aboard will be very slow.

That's a good idea, with a hard max limit based on hydro-resistance or whatever. I'll see what I can do.

Upcoming changes:

VERSION 1.5:

-FIXED: Tweaked water splashes sound levels

-FIXED: Tweaked water splashes sound to be different on different surfaces

-NEW: Added camoflage mini-game feature where you can add bushes to your boat to help hide it

-NEW: Added dragging feature

-ADDED: Speed limitation to paddling forward and backward (10 kph)

-ADDED: Ability to throw a 45 meter long rope

-ADDED: Ability to attach a rope to another boat and get towed by that other boat

-ADDED: Ability for player to move from driver to cargo (if there are empty positions)

-ADDED: Ability for player to move from cargo to driver position (if empty)

Cool additions Feint, and Good to see you back active ! :)