Sign in to follow this  
rowdied

game crawls when HE rounds fired in A3 and screaming sound in buttoned up Panther

Was fooling around with IF in A3 with the latest patch and when I jumped into a Panther in the editor and a piercing scream ensued buttoned up. 3rd person view no worries and only is in the Panther tank.

Also, firing HE rounds, the game crawls to a stand still when the round explodes. It happens all the time with no set pattern with all German tanks. Only with an HE round though. No specific target causes this just seems to happen randomly at various points in the game in MP or SP.

I have used and disabled the addon for explosion effects used in IF and it makes no difference activated or not.

Must say, thanks for all the time an effort you have put into this!!

Searched the devheaven but didn't see these bugs posted.

Edited by rowdied
gramar

Yes I confirm the abysmal fps when there is HE explosion (between 1 and 3 fps during around 1 minute).

I am affected by this problem when HE artillery explosions are played. I didn't test tank HE rounds though but it may be the same.

IF44 for Arma3, AiA standalone, no other mods.

Edit : further tests and yes, huge slowdown is also noticeable when Panzer V HE rounds explode. It doesn't seem to happen with other HE tank's rounds (Soviet and German tanks tested).

The ear-splitting sound is also noticed when you move the Panzer V turret as gunner.

Edited by Tawah

Guys make sure you use last version of IF44 (AiA SA too) and drop your rpt here pls. Or make a test mission and upload here. PS: I have no bugs with HE rounds ^(

Guys make sure you use last version of IF44 (AiA SA too) and drop your rpt here pls. Or make a test mission and upload here. PS: I have no bugs with HE rounds ^(

Could you shows us the order of your mods? This might have something to do with it.

I have used the AIA through ArmaCO and now use the stand alone version and all up to date and still experience the slow down.

Really strange... I am unable to reproduce it today with the exact same versions of IF44 for Arma3, AiA standalone. :confused:

For sur IF44 for A3 and AiA standalone are in their latest version (I have installed them last weekend and taken from dev.withsix.com pages). I also use the stable branch of A3.

The first time I noticed this was with "Kurozweki_Cauldron.Staszow" mission taken from here http://www.missionrepository.com/if-sp-staszow . The Panzer HE slowdown was reproduced yesterday in the editor putting one Panzer V on Baranow map and firing HE rounds on the floor.

It seems to be randomly happening.

Just to verify here is my mods order :

"-mod=H:\Bohemia Interactive\@LIB_DLC_1;H:\Bohemia Interactive\@IF_Other_Addons;H:\Bohemia Interactive\@IF;@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaStandalone;H:\Bohemia Interactive\@IFA3M;@IFA3" (Arma2Co is located at H:\Bohemia Interactive\)

By the way, I still can't play with sounds enabled in the Panzer V, the interior sound seems to be played very weirdly and it produces a loud and ear-splitting signal (like an alert signal).

Make sure to have latest IFA3 (from PWS or the file section) and you are patched to 1.11 (not available in PWS currently).

;2719333']Make sure to have latest IFA3 (from PWS or the file section) and you are patched to 1.11 (not available in PWS currently).

All up to date and has been doing this from day one for me.

-mod=@LIB_DLC_1;@IF_Other_Addons;@IF;@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaStandalone;@IFA3M;@IFA3 <--- my mod file order. Makes no difference if I use with six or a separate mod launcher the HE bug and Panther noise are always present.

Created tickets for the HE slowdown and Panther noise on Dev6 issue tracker. I also included the muzzle flash bug from the Stuka's forward and rear facing guns as well.