zooloo75

Dynamic Cover System

zooloo the mod for me seems to work better with TMR disabled.

Would you consider making a version for third person and activating the peak by zooming?

Dont know if you ever played a game called the sabotuer,but its peak mechanic made it great third person game.

Would be useful to alot of people ;)

I'll look into detecting if the player is zooming in.

I'll look into detecting if the player is zooming in.

Thanks so much,arma need as muh accessabiity and ease of controls as possible.Your doing great things in that department!!

Thanks so much,arma need as muh accessabiity and ease of controls as possible.Your doing great things in that department!!

I try :P

This will probably go well with the bootcamp CQB stuff, those weird tron-metal gear solid environment VR things.

I'm testing with vanilla + your mod now. In crouch position, my character does not step to the sides. When standing full, sometime it does not, sometimes it does step left or right. But also I have seen it stepping to the wrong side very often.

I was testing here at the sand walls(Camera Params): ["Stratis",[2059.61,5819.14,2.00144],150.8,0.7,[-89.9,89.9773],0,0,721.015,0.3,0]

Keeping note to myself: Fix bug in MP-environment where system doesn't hook to player upon respawn. Add respawn EH.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I'm testing with vanilla + your mod now. In crouch position, my character does not step to the sides. When standing full, sometime it does not, sometimes it does step left or right. But also I have seen it stepping to the wrong side very often.

I was testing here at the sand walls(Camera Params): ["Stratis",[2059.61,5819.14,2.00144],150.8,0.7,[-89.9,89.9773],0,0,721.015,0.3,0]

The issue of stepping to the "wrong" side is due to both left and right exposure positions being available. My mod favors the right side over the left side. When I encounter this ingame, I just lean left on my own before aiming down sights. Hopefully I can come up with a solution to this.

Another addition I am planning on adding (as one could probably tell from my code) is exposing above from cover, as opposed to just horizontal adjustments.

Exactly. The biggest point of the mod is to remove the need to use keypresses.

Maybe you can compromise to set it on a key which is LMB by default? Having stuff modular is always better, isn't it? This way you could also lob grenades or flashbangs. And being able to move while peeking is super important. Enough begging :p Thanks again!

Another addition I am planning on adding (as one could probably tell from my code) is exposing above from cover, as opposed to just horizontal adjustments.

I was wondering why it wasn't already an option and thought it's not possible because the character would need some sort of fluid animation unless it just uses the closest stance depending on object, anyway that would be a nice addition.

I was wondering why it wasn't already an option and thought it's not possible because the character would need some sort of fluid animation unless it just uses the closest stance depending on object, anyway that would be a nice addition.

The "above" lineIntersects check was returning true every time, despite it being clear, causing the above state to never activate. I didn't code in the above exposure due to this issue. Hopefully things work out better tonight.

Regarding the animation for the above transition, it is simple to add. If the player is crouched (but not at the high-crouch stance) then move to a high-crouch; if the player is at a high-crouch, stand; if the player is standing, do a high stand.

If the player is upside down, then ALT-F4.

Edited by zooloo75

Ok nice! look forward to seeing it in action, I'm all thumbs when trying to get right stance related to height of an object, especially when I'm shot at.

Same here, it's very spotty and temperamental. I've had it to where he leans into cover instead of out of cover, even off of an object he will lock movement and lean into the object. One of the biggest frustrations is not being able to unlock the player when moving. I've even came out of zoom an the player was locked and I could not move until I did something weird like reload.

This is a very cool mod and I hope you refine it well. I know you said you're going to update it so I will keep checking on it.

My advice, unlock with movement, fix small bugs like ones stated, and refine it a bit more. 3rd person and 1st person with zoom with be cool too.

Same here, it's very spotty and temperamental. I've had it to where he leans into cover instead of out of cover, even off of an object he will lock movement and lean into the object. One of the biggest frustrations is not being able to unlock the player when moving. I've even came out of zoom an the player was locked and I could not move until I did something weird like reload.

This is a very cool mod and I hope you refine it well. I know you said you're going to update it so I will keep checking on it.

My advice, unlock with movement, fix small bugs like ones stated, and refine it a bit more. 3rd person and 1st person with zoom with be cool too.

The bugs where you get locked into place when popping out of cover is engine-related. In other words, it's an ArmA bug.

I saw people mentioning BF4 so often in the beginning of the thread.... I wouldn't say this is copying BF4... Red Orchestra 2 was the where I first saw this kind of cover system where you take cover if you're close to a wall -_-

Good news everyone: My good friend, BadBenson has given me some big help with how lineIntersects works. In result, the cover detection and exposure positions are calculated much more accurately, also allowing the player to take cover in interiors!

Expect an update some time tonight after I finish coding in the above-exposure stances.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Release is imminent!

Edited by zooloo75

Good news everyone: My good friend, BadBenson has given me some big help with how lineIntersects works. In result, the cover detection and exposure positions are calculated much more accurately, also allowing the player to take cover in interiors!

Expect an update some time tonight after I finish coding in the above-exposure stances.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Release is imminent!

Man you came in on a tear of vengeance! Really, fun and useful stuff here. But I gotta ask, if you can now pinpoint interior cover....any chance the AI may partake of it in your upcoming AI mod :o

Zooloo75 you are making an impression....good work. Can't wait to try this. At this pace we may need such a thing as Zoooloo75_mods kinda like tpw_mods. I love how people like badbenson, others chime in with code suggestions too. Keep up the great work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Man you came in on a tear of vengeance! Really, fun and useful stuff here. But I gotta ask, if you can now pinpoint interior cover....any chance the AI may partake of it in your upcoming AI mod :o

It may be a possibility in the future once the player aspect is complete :)

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Zooloo75 you are making an impression....good work. Can't wait to try this. At this pace we may need such a thing as Zoooloo75_mods kinda like tpw_mods. I love how people like badbenson, others chime in with code suggestions too. Keep up the great work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I appreciate all the help I can get! :)

I may do a compilation mod and submit it to the MANW contest. That prize money would mean the world to me when it comes to college tuition xD

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Update released!

-Cover and exposure detection code improved.

-Now works inside interiors.

-Above exposure added.

Grab the update from Dropbox!

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Tomorrow's goal: Pop out of cover via zoom (useful for 3rd Person)

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=197967383

I found that this mission is great to play around with using my cover system!

;2716708']I can say this version works flawlessly' date=' great sucess (as Borat would say) ;)[/quote']

King of the castle!

Dear early adopters and testers: Please upload a video of the mod in action for us lazy/busy SOBs. :)

Dear early adopters and testers: Please upload a video of the mod in action for us lazy/busy SOBs. :)

Don't be too lazy, there's already one video on the main thread! :D

Don't be too lazy, there's already one video on the main thread! :D

D'oh! So there is. Cheers!

It may be a possibility in the future once the player aspect is complete :)

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I appreciate all the help I can get! :)

I may do a compilation mod and submit it to the MANW contest. That prize money would mean the world to me when it comes to college tuition xD

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Update released!

-Cover and exposure detection code improved.

-Now works inside interiors.

-Above exposure added.

Grab the update from Dropbox!

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Tomorrow's goal: Pop out of cover via zoom (useful for 3rd Person)

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=197967383

I found that this mission is great to play around with using my cover system!

YESSSS!!! Thank you zooloo!

YESSSS!!! Thank you zooloo!

Your tears of joy are welcomed.