zooloo75

Dynamic Cover System

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Little suggestion. Could add a key that you can use to disable/enable the automatic cover system? Sometimes you probably want to just aim normally.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@dynamiccoversystem.png

@ zooloo75;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

very nice. I'll be giving this a try. They also have something similar in insurgency for peeking over cover if i remember correctly. very useful feature.

really (awsome) nice mod. I don't now why Bi's hasn't done it from the beginning.:cool:

I notice one thing, don't know if this is intended or a bug. When I'm in stance mode, more precise in the combat stance mode, the leaning thing isn't working.

For reliable use, I would also recommend to use a small Icon that shows when peak around a corner. :868:

However really nice work never play without it again.

Finnaly figured out it is actually working. would you consider making a version for those of us who play in 3rd person,and have this great feature activate when we "zoom" in rather than look down sights?

I play mostly if 3rd person and think this mod would be even better for that view.

To be honest since getting it to work,it seems to not work 60%of the time.Is it possible TMR auto rest is in conflict?

New question :P

Q: Isn't this cover system idea from Red Orchestra 2?

Btw, great job, very well done! A few bugs don't ruin my new experience =)

Gee Im not sure yet, I feel I'm over exposed when it's activated, I feel I got more ctrl with lean, and I find I'm focusing more on aiming at the correct area of the object just to activate it, I'm hopeless with doors also :) still that's some really clever stuff, I hope you keep refining it.. To be fair ive only ran around a military base testing it and not in any mission.

Thanks everyone! There's still plenty of fixes and additions that I need to do later (just look at my code, you'll see).

I have read your suggestions and will keep them in mind :)

This mod (at the moment) is best used outside in urban environments. Peeking around corners of houses, walls, crates, etc.

I still need to calibrate it to work indoors.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Edited by zooloo75

shit, i am not at home for some days to test this great mod! Is someone so kind and make a short video? :) Many thanks zooloo75 for this and ragdoll´d!!

shit, i am not at home for some days to test this great mod! Is someone so kind and make a short video? :) Many thanks zooloo75 for this and ragdoll´d!!

Perhaps I'll have time today after work to make a quick demonstration video. Please excuse my poor video editing abilities in advance (I can't stand the long rendering times of After Effects...) :)

To be honest since getting it to work,it seems to not work 60%of the time.Is it possible TMR auto rest is in conflict?

Same with @AGM from Koffeinflummi, have no time to find out what exactly is conflicting.

Same with @AGM from Koffeinflummi, have no time to find out what exactly is conflicting.

Does it work better with those mods disabled?

Thanks a lot aready for your effort, definitely going the right direction!

Unfortunately you can not correct how much you expose yourself yet. Your movement is locked until you unzoom or until after 3 seconds (?).

I would prefer to have it on a custom temporary key and not hardwired to zoom if that's possible.

^^ Yeah but you might as well use the lean key if you are going to do that. Having it hardwired to zoom is exactly the point that makes it great.

^^ Yeah but you might as well use the lean key if you are going to do that. Having it hardwired to zoom is exactly the point that makes it great.

Exactly. The biggest point of the mod is to remove the need to use keypresses.

Great work zooloo75, much appreciated.

Having read through the thread thus far, every mod comes with pros and cons, and this particular mod is all good.

Oh, and your Q@A on Armaholic is hilarious:)

All the best for your future releases.

Great work zooloo75, much appreciated.

Having read through the thread thus far, every mod comes with pros and cons, and this particular mod is all good.

Oh, and your Q@A on Armaholic is hilarious:)

All the best for your future releases.

Thanks! :)

Thanks for sharing! Works good when I tested it on this particular corner of the building...

Did I get it right this time? :o

Thanks for sharing! Works good when I tested it on this particular corner of the building...

Did I get it right this time? :o

Awesome! Can I put your video on the main post?

zooloo the mod for me seems to work better with TMR disabled.

Would you consider making a version for third person and activating the peak by zooming?

Dont know if you ever played a game called the sabotuer,but its peak mechanic made it great third person game.

Would be useful to alot of people ;)