zooloo75

Dynamic Cover System

Dynamic Cover System

Take that, Battlefield 4! >.<

Making cover more convenient.

This mod allows players to take cover behind objects and automatically pop-out of cover when they aim down their sights. Once the player has left their sights, they will automatically pop back into cover. All stance adjustments are automated, removing the need for clunky key presses during combat.

DCS.jpg

Last Update: June 24th

Demonstration video by asuseroako

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I use this thing? Can you answer it in 3 simple steps?

A: 1) Get behind a piece of cover

2) Aim down sights

3) There you go...

Q: Will this make me awesome?

A: One could say such a thing.

Q: Isn't this cover system from Battlefield 4?

A: No. DICE time traveled into the future (current day) and stole the idea from my mod, causing some weird time warp that made it seem like they came up with it first. Don't let them trick you.

Q: I popped back into cover and now I can't move... FIX YER DANG MUD N00B!

A: Bugs are part of the ArmA experience... And part of BIS' problem.

Q: Why am I not using this yet?

A: You have to download it and install it into your ArmA directory. Enable it and all that jazz.

Q: Can I stop asking questions now?

A: Please.

Download (From any of these fine sites)

dropbox_logo.png

news_download_a3_3.png

@dynamiccoversystem.png

Requirements

Community Based Addons

Credits

BadBenson - Helping me with the lineIntersects command.

88x31.png

Dynamic Cover System by Zooloo75 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by zooloo75

Not quiet sure but i guess you are trying to make arma 3 to have cover system like bf4? whatever it is i'm exciting your great work.

Argh, I need to go to bed. Got work in a few hours >.<

No fear, it must be done tomorrow after work! :D

sfasfgag.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

Sounds cool. Hope you can pull it off!

I can. I just needed more time >.<

Expect the release some time tomorrow afternoon :)

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

When taking cover behind an object, you will remain in the normal state until you aim down your sights. Once ADS is toggled, you will enter the cover state.

As soon as you enter the cover state, whichever position is open from your cover (above, left, right) is the position you will adjust your stance to. Once the player has left their sights, they will automatically re-adjust back to cover.

Sounds awesome! Is it setup using the boundingBox command or some similar PhysX-related commands, meaning it will be functional on all objects?

Sounds awesome! Is it setup using the boundingBox command or some similar PhysX-related commands, meaning it will be functional on all objects?

It is functional behind anything/everything just as one would expect it :)

Not quiet sure but i guess you are trying to make arma 3 to have cover system like bf4? whatever it is i'm exciting your great work.

Yes, I'm emulating their cover system, and thanks :)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Anyone could meanwhile describe, how bf4 cover system works? :)

Anyone could meanwhile describe, how bf4 cover system works? :)

In Battlefield 4, every time you are near the edge of a wall, or any other piece of cover, a small arrow appears on the respective side of your crosshair and, when you aim, you will peak out of cover in that direction. As a matter of fact, zooloo, are you planning on adding any kind of UI indication as to what direction the user will peak out?

Edited by Scorch_052
muh punctuation

In Battlefield 4, every time you are near the edge of a wall, or any other piece of cover, a small arrow appears on the respective side of your crosshair and, when you aim, you will peak out of cover in that direction. As a matter of fact, zooloo, are you planning on adding any kind of UI indication as to what direction the user will peak out?

No plans on adding UI elements. It seems obvious as to where one will pop out of cover.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

3.5 hours until I'm off work and can continue and finish this mod! :D

Stay tuned! xD

Got 4 hours of sleep last night. I guess that's what I get for being a programmer.

Hey man, this sounds very cool, I've never played bf4 but think I remember a similar system in red river or dragon rising where your character would adjust to the perfect height for firing over and obstacle when aiming down sights, look forward to seeing it, could you throw in weapon resting while your there :D

Hey man, this sounds very cool, I've never played bf4 but think I remember a similar system in red river or dragon rising where your character would adjust to the perfect height for firing over and obstacle when aiming down sights, look forward to seeing it, could you throw in weapon resting while your there :D

I could, but there are already plenty of mods available to add that functionality.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I think I saw this kind of cover system in Farcry3 too.

Zooloo75 this is what I call an orgasmic creativity from your part :D

Zooloo75 this is what I call an orgasmic creativity from your part :D

LOL, that made my day xD

Expect a release tonight! :) 5:30PM here right now.

Release is imminent!

Lol, maybe release a video first, just to help with the build up :)

Lol, maybe release a video first, just to help with the build up :)

Too late! Download is available on the main post! Plus, I kinda suck at making vids xD

Oh god I wanted to do just the same after finishing my climbing mod, but now I'm too late, haha! :D

Very nice mate!

Oh god I wanted to do just the same after finishing my climbing mod, but now I'm too late, haha! :D

Very nice mate!

lol, sorry xD

dropped the pbo into addons,but this aint working for me man.

Nice mod tho

This will be a new gameplay staple all the way across the board! Thanks a ton for this contribution bro! **much needed

Nice work! Any way the AI could be made to use this?