Sign in to follow this  
atomickrypton

Help With Campaign Description.ext

Hello, so I've been working on a campaign, and I have finished 4 missions so far. I want to test if the keys are working properly (it's a dynamic campaign, and depending on the keys activated in previous missions, it changes the linear path of future missions). So after failing several times trying to get a campaign description.ext to work and searching all over forums, I finally found a great download example by IndeedPete. So I downloaded it, packed it into a .pbo, put it in my campaigns foldier in ArmA3 and loaded the game up. It worked flawlessly.

So I took the same description.ext and missions folder from the download example, and put it in a new folder (named Operation Contingency). In the new folder, I opened up the description.ext, and using the example as a reference, I changed the copied description.ext to what I wanted to be displayed. I did not change which missions would be played, it still was going to play the two example missions featured in the download example. I only changed the author, operation name, etc.

I loaded up ArmA3, and it worked great. All of the new information was there, and there was no problems. So, I went back to missions in the Operation Contingency folder, and took out the two example missions, and replaced them with the first two missions in my campaign. I changed the templates in the description, and loaded up ArmA3. This is the interesting part. The campaign is there, the mission is there, however when I click on revert or restart (sometimes continue shows up instead of revert and restart), it freezes my computer and ArmA 3 stops working. I have to manually restart my computer after that.

If anyone can help me get this to work, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here is the description.ext file. If you need more information or if anything is confusing, I'd be more than happy to provide you with the information.

class Campaign
{
name = "Operation Contingency";
firstBattle = Missions;
disableMP = 1;
//enableHub = 1;

briefingName = "Operation Contingency";
author = "Firebird Studios";
overviewPicture = "operationcontingency.paa"; 
overviewText = "The world is on the brink of a nuclear war and you are put in the middle of it all.  Can you prevent the contingency?";

class MissionDefault
{
	lives = -1;

lost = ;
	end1 = ;
	end2 = ;
	end3 = ;
	end4 = ;
	end5 = ;
	end6 = ;
};

class Missions
{
	name = "The Beginning";
	cutscene = ;
	firstMission = M01;
	end1 = ;
	end2 = ;
	end3 = ;
	end4 = ;
	end5 = ;
	end6 = ;
	lost = ;

class M01: MissionDefault
	{
		end1 = M02;
		lost = M01;
		template = OperationContingency-1-1.Stratis;
	};	

class M02: MissionDefault
	{
		end1 = ;
		lost = M02;
		template = OperationContingency-1-2.Altis;
	};	
};
};

Also, I have operationcontingency.paa in the campaign folder but it says it can't find it. If you can also help me out here that'd be awesome. And as always, thank you in advance.

Do the missions work in the editor? What are their description.exts looking like? And did you check your .rtp file?

For the picture you need to use a full path, starting in A3's main dir:

overviewPicture = "\Campaigns\IP_CMP_MERCS\img\cmp_overview.jpg";

Yes the missions work in the editor. Here are their description.ext files:

Mission 1:

overviewText = "Mission 1 Act 1";
overviewTextLocked = "Mission 1 Act 1";
overviewPicture = "Mission1Act1.paa";

onLoadName = "Standing on the Edge";
onLoadMission = "Meet a V.I.P. who can claims to have sufficient Intel on the military crisis evolving in the Mediterranean.";
loadScreen = "Mission1Act1.paa";
author = "J. Weinberg";

class CfgDebriefing
{  
class End1
{  
	title = "Mission Completed";
	subtitle = "HQ has received the Intel";
	description = "NATO now has possesion of important documents that can greatly assist them in Operation Contingency.";
	pictureBackground = "";
	picture = "";  
};    

class loser
       {
               title = "Mission Failed";
               subtitle = "The V.I.P. was killed!";
               description = "";
               pictureBackground = "";
               picture = "";                
       };
};

Mission 2:

overviewText = "Mission 2 Act 1";
overviewTextLocked = "Mission 2 Act 1";
overviewPicture = "mission2act1.paa";

onLoadName = "Into the Storm";
onLoadMission = "Push into the major port city of Kavala, and secure the area until NATO reinforcements arrive.";
loadScreen = "mission2act1.paa";
author = "J. Weinberg";

class CfgDebriefing
{  
class End1
{  
	title = "Mission Completed";
	subtitle = "NATO reinforcements have arrived";
	description = "Thanks to your efforts, NATO is now able to land at Kavala, and take complete control of the area.";
	pictureBackground = "";
	picture = "";  
};    

class End2
       {
               title = "Mission Succeeded";
               subtitle = "NATO reinforcements have arrived";
               description = "Thanks to your efforts, NATO is now able to land at Kavala, and take complete control of the area.";
               pictureBackground = "";
               picture = "";                
       };
};

In the missions, I do not have an End#1 or End#2 trigger, I use this script in the act. field:

"end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

As for the .rpt file, I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to check that. And thank you for the help with the image!

Edited by AtomicKrypton