Agent587

Can't get in vehicles

Hello All,

So I made this basic mission (SP) for myself. Now I have not played arma since March and got back to it yesterday. Now in my mission I had a Quad-Bike, Player and Some enemies. However I could not mount on the quad-bike I could before.

I also added a tank (OPFOR) and set it as playable driver, gunner, but I could not get in, it already has two bots which I do not want.

I added the tank again but this time set it to Player Gunner, I got out of the tank and I could not get back it. I simply cannot get in vehicles.

The "VEHICLE LOCK" is most likely set to "LOCKED" or "LOCKED FOR PLAYER"...;)

The "VEHICLE LOCK" is most likely set to "LOCKED" or "LOCKED FOR PLAYER"...;)

Now I have set that to unlocked. Still same issue.

Then its not a empty vehicle, if you can set it to "playable driver" or something similar then there are already people in the vehicle, just place a empty vehicle and make sure its not locked or use the teamswitch dialog to switch to the drover position if you have "playable driver" selected.

Then its not a empty vehicle, if you can set it to "playable driver" or something similar then there are already people in the vehicle, just place a empty vehicle and make sure its not locked or use the teamswitch dialog to switch to the drover position if you have "playable driver" selected.

OK I put a quad-bike in there.

The side is empty.

Control is set to Non-Playable (There are no other options)

Vehicle Lock is set to unlocked, (I tried default).

Special is set to None.

Same issue...? (PS, I have checked my keyboard +mouse settings same problem..)

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

OK I tried something else now.

I put a blufor guy there (Quad-Bike and set it to Playable + unlocked)

I shot the guy who was standing and riding the quad-bike (I have no idea how he managed to drive it standing), once he died I could not get on Quad-Bike..

So then I set the player to the quad-bike and since this game is buggy as hell I was apparently standing on the quad-bike (Not sitting, we don't do that).. I get off it, but then could not get back on..???

OK I put a quad-bike in there.

The side is empty.

Control is set to Non-Playable (There are no other options)

Vehicle Lock is set to unlocked, (I tried default).

Special is set to None.

Same issue...? (PS, I have checked my keyboard +mouse settings same problem..)

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

OK I tried something else now.

I put a blufor guy there (Quad-Bike and set it to Playable + unlocked)

I shot the guy who was standing and riding the quad-bike (I have no idea how he managed to drive it standing), once he died I could not get on Quad-Bike..

So then I set the player to the quad-bike and since this game is buggy as hell I was apparently standing on the quad-bike (Not sitting, we don't do that).. I get off it, but then could not get back on..???

Solved. Verified game data using steam. Thanks.

Honestly Killzone_kid, you're a staple in this community bro. thank you man, can't tell you how many times your name had the answer I needed next to it

-----------

so unfortunately anytime i place a character into a vehicle while in editor they just lean forward like they're dead (planes too) then when i preview scenario, they wont even get in for like 10 seconds. the screen just kind of locks into a view of the vehicle door....

https://imgur.com/a/xoLoAhu

On 10/2/2019 at 4:50 PM, killzone_kid said:

Steam->Arma 3 Properties->local files->verify integrity of game files

any help on that question above would be appreciated 

I can honestly spend the time to figure it all out but if there is a quick fix somewhere (discovered in the years you guys have been playing) you'd expedite the departure of this headache 

On 1/25/2020 at 10:17 AM, pierremgi said:

First of all, try without mod.

LOL LIKE I SAID I could figure it out tearing through the 30 mods i have plugged in or you could help expedite.... 

I'm designing a story that was inspired by the communities mods.... been working on it since january last year.... so to "try without mod" is too basic an answer

It's basic troubleshooting. Try it without any mods to make sure something isn't broken with the base game. Next, try with half the mods. Then the other half. Now you should have narrowed it down to one of 15 instead of 30. Repeat until you have found the offending mod. From there, either find a replacement mod or see if there is a patch that addresses the conflict.

• Like 3

"Expedite"..... aka, work your way through the mods. At this point it's up to you to figure out what mods you're running that are causing the issue/having a conflict. And as @pierremgi has said, try it first without any mods. There's EVERYONE'S starting point to troubleshooting odd game issues - it helps narrow the problem down to either an Arma problem or a mod problem. With 30 mods it's not surprising that there's a conflict, it's bound to happen eventually. You could post your mod list and hope that someone has had the exact same setup as you and run into the same problems. But the more mods you run the more likely you are to run into trouble and the less likely you are to have the same problems as someone else.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lebiglebowskii said:

I'm designing a story that was inspired by the communities mods.... been working on it since january last year.... so to "try without mod" is too basic an answer

This issue is not a Vanilla Arma one. But you can verify, with a very short scenario, not your whole story, that your Arma files are not corrupted. Then, upgrade step by step, adding your mods. You'll finally find the culprit(s), plural because sometimes mods are not compatible each others.

After that, the only solution will be to rewrite/adapt your story without the less important but incompatible mod.

Your picture just allow us to guess you're using 3den enhanced mod. The other are not visible. As far as your issue also concerns the editor, try to unload this mod first, just for test (or eventually some other mods changing the behavior of 3den editor as well).

Suppressing a mod from your scenario can be tricky but you'll find some topics explaining how to correct a missing mod if you get such error.

• Like 1

I have a same isshue and nothing you guys said helped me. Like when i press space icon just dissappears. :c

Welcome Herr_Vaya. If you want more help, just tell us in what context that occurs:

- arma updated / vanilla or contact;

- occurs on every vanilla scenario / your own scenario;

- playing in preview of editor / in scenario / in SP or MP;

- custom key binding;

- own scripts;

- used mods.

Say also what you attempted to do : restart arma, check files integrity like said above...

Hey , so idk if it fixes anything but i had a similar issue, it turns out while you are in singleplayer zeus, controlling an npc set as playable, you cant go into cars, but it works if its non playable. Hope i helped but idk what the problem of this topic is exactly. You played the scenario in sp and couldn't get in a car?