Hexagon Based CTI - Warfare 15v15 MP-AI mission.

Based on strategy Board Games played on a Hexagonal Grid.

Fight for Money, Iron, Oil and Food to win the Respect of the Civilians and Final Conquest.

• Hex Warfare attemps to Take CTI in a different Direrction.
    Everything you know about crCTI I've tried to do in a different way.
    • Each Hexagon has Resource that makes up a income
  1. Money to buy
  2. Iron to build, only found on Land
  3. Oil to keep your Vehicles running, only found at sea
  4. Food to keep Stamina at %100

[*]No Base to destroy, just a Base hex to defend

[*]Can only Capture Hexs Adjacent to owned Hexs making a true Front line style on warfare

[*]Hexs cut off from Base get turned over to Enemy,.... LandGrab

[*]Town Areas store Resources, plundered if conquered by enemy

[*]Town Areas can only be spawned at or built in if Enemy don't own Ajacent Hex

[*]MHQ holds resources and can be Respawned at

[*]Commander orders all AI on Server and players AI.

[*]Custom made units

[*]Custom color adjustments

[*]All Unit, Weapons and Vehicle prices based on BIS configs

all new strategy's to Arma

and lots more.

Feed back needed from online play, only tested SP and server/client.

download via makearmanotwar.com/steam workshop

Edited by Squeeze

Very interesting idea Squeeze. Is there a download to test it ?

Each hex battle could effectively be a small mission :)

Ok .. some feedback as I have just had my first game. I won (of course!)

It plays very well, with some good strategy. The AI needs to be more aggressive in trying to cut off parts (by going across the map for instance), as I was able to employ exactly that strategy.

I wasn't able to recruit troops, but I could make an empty Panther. Some of the placement of the capture points needs to be on flatter ground, and also the spawning of crates (and the darter that I made) spawned below the angled capture point.

Is there a way to vote for commander ?

A very enjoyable start to the mission. Please keep updating it, as it could do very well in this competition.

Just been hosting this on my dedi and it is wonderful ! Roughly 300AI, FPS and FPSmin AND CPS never drop from max ! Gameplay is interesting and it really makes you think.

I'm a little confused about the Communication however. Any info on it ?

I'll concentrate on MP performance for now so smarter AI for a SP game is a long way off.

Vote commander is in "Options - Strategy map then the lower right combo box".

Communications paid for the same way as vote isn't finished, you can pay to turn

It on but it can't be destroyed yet. I wrote code that hacks the enemies communications

If you land a quad drone on the enemy base, I'll implement that for a attack.

Well, I'm really enjoying this gamemode. Problem that I have found is that, although the AI will buy land vehicles/boats, they invariably get stuck! Could you implement a 'stuck' routine that checks if the vehicle hasn't moved in the last 2 minutes (of course not dead!), and unstick them?

Further, it would be great to have the AI actually using the MHQ to reposition a 'front' to attack from. I've tried to move it, with some success.

Will be playing it much more later on my dedi. Keep up the good work!

Thanks krem, I'll have those two in the next update.

Further testing on my dedi. Game had been running for 2 hours and had reached a steady state of AI (around 295) when I logged out. I came back an hour later (still at 295ish AI) but the hexes were all screwed up. I had friendlies in some hexes that would not change ownership with almost everything saying GUER control.

An idea for some 'cluster aggression' would be great. Where AI are able to get reports from the front line and divert more troops to higher enemy concentration areas, of course not losing sight of grabbing other hexes!

Boats also end up together at the top/bottom of the map when hexes are all captured, instead of hunting out the opposite coloured ones.

The gamemode is really good and has already taken me to places on Stratis that I wouldn't have gone to before.

Interesting... being an old hex game player I think I will check this out :p

You'll like it Savage :) With lots of players you could really sneaky, and skirt around the main front. Of course you need to watch that you don't get cut off or you lose all your gained ground !

Yeah just needs an attack rabbit now and it would be perfect :p

I'm curious now has to how he has divided up the map using hexes... guess I know what I'm doing this evening!

Further testing on my dedi. Game had been running for 2 hours and had reached a steady state of AI (around 295) when I logged out. I came back an hour later (still at 295ish AI) but the hexes were all screwed up. I had friendlies in some hexes that would not change ownership with almost everything saying GUER control.

An idea for some 'cluster aggression' would be great. Where AI are able to get reports from the front line and divert more troops to higher enemy concentration areas, of course not losing sight of grabbing other hexes!

Boats also end up together at the top/bottom of the map when hexes are all captured, instead of hunting out the opposite coloured ones.

The gamemode is really good and has already taken me to places on Stratis that I wouldn't have gone to before.

Can you upload the server rpt file to dropbox or something for me, also did you change any pramas.

And did you mean bottom/left.

I've done most testing on client/persistent server same cpu, is that your setup.

Thanks again krem.

Thinking about this while at work, I reckon one side won and all the scripts stopped, don't think I've put a end game trigger on the server, just a condition the ends it for connected clients.

Edited by Squeeze
after thought

Ahhhh it probably was an end condition, but as I wasn't present then it just stopped. All my testing is on a home dedi server, no change in params (looks very busy in the params - way to make it simpler?). I run ASM on it, so I can monitor the FPS, FPSmin, CPS and number of AI.

Looking forward to next update.

Still really enjoying this new MP mode. It works very well with bCombat by the way. I have also been using Zorrobyte's caching system and that improves the FPS even more. Keep up the good work mate.

Is there a way to show threatened hexes? I play a lot of Planetside2 and this fits very well into the old hexes they had (it has since changed with their directed combat) In PS2 they have timers to show the balance of a hex and how long to capture it. This may be an idea for a future improvement.

show threatened hexes wouldn't be a problem, this mission is the bare minimum at the moment, bells and whistle to come.

hexes change sides when the attacker has 5 times more men in the hex then the defender, server checks every 60 secs.

thanks again.

Liking what I see. Had a test with friend, was good fun :) Taa Squeeze!! :)

Hmmm just tried this mission three times today on my dedi, using latest stable and after about 2 minutes it crashed the server. Other missions running fine. Anyone else get this ?

I had 0.14 running for about 1 hour to check the server FPS before updating the workshop about 10 hours ago.

I just did a quick run going through all dialogs and some commander orders and found a error when commanding player AI but no server crash.

if you're on the bis dev build there might be a problem with the civs joining your group.

I'd like to now more info if you have the time.....cheeers

Not on dev build, but on latest stable, and mission on client downloaded from Workshop. I'm wondering if my dedi has the latest version .... lemme check - I bet it is not as I use TADST for server control.

Anything new to look forward to (as we are here anyway)? ;)

Update log is on the steam workshop, not much to look forward to, maybe just a couple of extra bugs...lol

And the start of a transport command for the commander

Some kind of awareness by the commander of the 'front' would be good. Also some sneakiness where the commander will try and flank that front would add a lot.

Sign in to follow this