Sign in to follow this  
Niklas

Gun jittering when running and exhausted since last update

There would be the vest and helmet as well, but I am not sure how much they weight, though.

A while back there was an airsoft launcher (AT4 I think). I was really tempted to buy one, until I saw the weight, that is :( Think of the poor guy who need to carry a launcher and fight :(

For those who are carrying a lot at once (or anything over the 50% mark of the encumbrance bar at the bottom of your gear menu), such as a combination of LMG, a launcher, and ammo, after a bit of running it could take several minutes to get your breath back and recover, even if you are lying down or sitting.

There is a logical solution to this, that will have you recovered and back to normal in no time:

Take off the backpack, launcher, and drop the huge gun on the ground. Lie down and wait about 30 seconds. Get up, put everything back on, and you're good to go - at least for the next 50 feet of sprinting or so. Such is the price for trying to carry all that crap by yourself.

I don't mind the new fatigue system. Sure, I was irritated at first, but after checking it out more it feels reasonable - not perfect, but reasonable.

I think some people are really misunderstanding the problem. No one is saying that there shouldn't be fatigue penalties, or even heavy fatigue penalties.

Yes, you should get tired and your aim should start to sway heavily.

What is actually happening, though, and which shouldn't happen at all is that when you walk while tired your gun vibrates. Seriously, try it out. It jitters around like you're in an earthquake. It's crazy.

Edit: Here's a video

You can see that the sway looks reasonable when you're standing still, but it's getting multiplied with the built in movement weapon sway or something, causing some insane behavior.

Edited by roshnak

wow, didn't notice that before. That's some ground-shaking discovery... wait, or should it be hand-shaking? :p

I think some people are really misunderstanding the problem. No one is saying that there shouldn't be fatigue penalties, or even heavy fatigue penalties.

Yes, you should get tired and your aim should start to sway heavily.

What is actually happening, though, and which shouldn't happen at all is that when you walk while tired your gun vibrates. Seriously, try it out. It jitters around like you're in an earthquake. It's crazy.

Edit: Here's a video

You can see that the sway looks reasonable when you're standing still, but it's getting multiplied with the built in movement weapon sway or something, causing some insane behavior.

this is fixed in dev branch

Yeah, I figured that the dev team was aware of the problem. There were just a lot of people in the thread that didn't seem to understand what the actual issue was.

Although, isn't the whole point of the dev branch to make sure things like this and that recoil bug don't make it into the main branch?

I get jittery animations when adjusting to the left (ie shouldering the rifle in my other shoulder) as well. Maybe intentional? Looks kind of bad and is generally just annoying IMO thought. Maybe related if it isn't intentional?

Is it just me, or do weapons bounce up and down unrealistically when walking, weapons raised?

this is fixed in dev branch

...and?

If you read about how many things they are fixed in dev branch, right now ArmA III it would be perfect !

There is a huge different from what there is written in dev branch...and what you will see in the next official patch.

We can say that may be it's a step forward for that issue...but when will be distributed that fix...it's another thing!

Regard.

Edited by j4you

...and?

If you read about how many things they are fixed in dev branch, right now ArmA III it would be perfect !

There is a huge different from what there is written in dev branch...and what you will see in the next official patch.

We can say that may be it's a step forward for that issue...but when will be distributed that fix...it's another thing!

Regard.

The fatigue and weapons handling is a major feature of the bootcamp update. Sorry to ruin your doom and gloom

The fatigue and weapons handling is a major feature of the bootcamp update. Sorry to ruin your doom and gloom

???????

That dosent change about what i saied:

There is a huge different from what there is written in dev branch...and what you will see realase in the next official patch.

It's clear that if they have fix a issue in dev branch,before they must to be test it,and just later,you will see it in a patch.

...and this is a fact, not just my opionion!

....ruin my doom and gloom....that funny!;)

Dont worry M8.... your game is in safe hands!

Edited by j4you

It was not this way when i was playing in february... but my pc broke so i don't know, but when i was playing it was very realistic

I believe that what j4you is saying is that will likely have to wait for the next big main branch patch to fix this issue and we don't know when that patch will actually be pushed.

This is arguably the kind of issue that deserves a hotfix.

I believe that what j4you is saying is that will likely have to wait for the next big main branch patch to fix this issue and we don't know when that patch will actually be pushed.

This is arguably the kind of issue that deserves a hotfix.

You was in right believing !

Thx.

Regards

But the patch is coming today and the jittering is fixed in it. At least it was in the first release candidate. :confused:

I have just finish to test, and read the use instructions, about the new FIX about the fatigue and stamina whit the last patch about dev branch and...if i must to be honest...i didnt see a improvement but exactly the opposite,now it's become very but very hard to aim, even if you are in relax mode.

And dosent matter whic position you will take...your weapons will shake always like if you get a cannon in your hand,in prone less that stand up of course....but always too much!

I am not looking for a easy way to aim...just a right balance from arcade (too easy) and irrealistic mode (too excessive).

In practice, it would seem as if the developers want to force a new game concept as real logic in real life,but that is instead indifferent from reality and simulation,enabling mechanisms that could be right,but bringing this ideas to the extreme .

May be fix it's not the exact term about that animation effect...but different yes! FPDR

Edited by j4you

,now it's become very but very hard to aim, even if you are in relax mode.

I think the swaying is very low when you're rested. It's almost the same as it has always been. Only the fatigued shake is bigger than before.

At least it's much better now than the earlier violent vibration.

I think the swaying is very low when you're rested. It's almost the same as it has always been. Only the fatigued shake is bigger than before.

At least it's much better now than the earlier violent vibration.

Sorry my question but?...Do you think it?...or Do you have tested it?

The swaying it's more accentuated...always!

Edited by j4you

Yes...?

I haven't heard anyone else say the swaying is too much when you're not exhausted. :confused:

I'm right now playing with the RC version ( the one that luckily will become gold today and be the main branch ). And the sway while walking it's pretty much realistic to me ( well maybe too accurate ), not to talk that the guy seems Carl Lewis and can run a lot without getting tired / fatigued ( not even the guys from spec ops that I was training with in the army ).

Again that was with the RC, not the dev nor the main branch.

Yes...?

I haven't heard anyone else say the swaying is too much when you're not exhausted. :confused:

It's easy to check it.

Install the dev branch patch and..test it. :)

And the sway while walking it's pretty much realistic to me ( well maybe too accurate )......

..Look like it?

In practice, it would seem as if the developers want to force a new game concept as real logic in real life,but that is instead indifferent from reality and simulation,enabling mechanisms that could be right,but bringing this ideas to the extreme .

Edited by j4you

It's easy to check it.

Install the dev branch patch and..test it. :)

I tested it in the release candidate yesterday. Looked ok. I can shoot just fine when standing up, crouched or lying down.

edit. or do you mean when walking? Then yes, it's a little harder than before the previous stable patch, but still very reasonable in my opinion.

Edited by Greenfist

I tested it in the release candidate yesterday. Looked ok. I can shoot just fine when standing up, crouched or lying down.

edit. or do you mean when walking? Then yes, it's a little harder than before the previous stable patch, but still very reasonable in my opinion.

Do you see?...different point view!

And i am glad for you!....a little bit less for me but...dosent matter,by now i'm getting used to this situation! :confused_o:

Edited by j4you