Sign in to follow this  
Niklas

Gun jittering when running and exhausted since last update

Has anyone else noticed this? When you are running at combat pace and your player is exhausted your character starts shaking his gun in a way that looks really unnatural.

It's not a bug, it's intentional. Why do people always scream bug when something changes, they even talked about this in their recent opreps....

It's not intentional. That video doesn't show what the problem is. Actually I'm not sure what the author thinks the problem is in that video.

When you get fatigued and use combat pace, your rifle bounces up and down really fast as if it's vibrating. It's a recent bug.

It's not intentional. That video doesn't show what the problem is. Actually I'm not sure what the author thinks the problem is in that video.

When you get fatigued and use combat pace, your rifle bounces up and down really fast as if it's vibrating. It's a recent bug.

I still believe this is a feature that's not ready and not a bug. Needs just little tweaking. Walking sway could be lesser.

Well, it's intentional in the sense that they're in the middle of overhauling the fatigue mechanics, so technically you could say it's a raw, unrefined feature. But it's obviously nowhere near to being acceptable so at the moment I'd class it as a bug.

It has made the game unplayable and unfun =( I am a entry fragger, i like to make alot of noise and stir up the fights. But since this patch even with out holding shift my char starts to have a asma attack! If i try aim on someone even with a RDS all i get is what i can only describe as someone practicing to play golf :(

Please FIX, please allow server admins to choice or not to choice to allow people to walk more than 50m =(

It's not a bug, it's intentional. Why do people always scream bug when something changes, they even talked about this in their recent opreps....

Right. How can a shoddy implementation of weapon sway be considered as a feature by anyone?

Before posting you should know the whole picture.Do everyone a favor* and

read this through:

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00062

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179502-Arma-3-Bootcamp-Update

*I'm addressing this to everyone.

We don't want weapon sway and asma attacks, sure the game should not be battlefield but atm its OVER the top to an extreme. Thier is a niece fourm/dev branch testers what really like the changes but TBH they are such a low population the devs should just add a server option for them to betend their in the army and let the rest of us play a PC game.

I like it.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

We don't want weapon sway and asma attacks, sure the game should not be battlefield but atm its OVER the top to an extreme. Thier is a niece fourm/dev branch testers what really like the changes but TBH they are such a low population the devs should just add a server option for them to betend their in the army and let the rest of us play a PC game.

there is already an option to disable it.

Yes jittering is just awful, combined with weak vehicles and the game feels rather broken I'm afraid.

I like it.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

there is already an option to disable it.

How do you disable weapon sway?...You can't, there are some aspects of Fatigue that are global and cannot be turned off. For example, I feel the length of time to hold breath is too short. Disabling fatigue has no effect on this.

Tried out dev branch the past few days, the new fatigue and weapon sway is so much better

How do you disable weapon sway?...You can't, there are some aspects of Fatigue that are global and cannot be turned off. For example, I feel the length of time to hold breath is too short. Disabling fatigue has no effect on this.

I've had my fair share of rifle matches. Holding breath in game is fine. First time is a generally ok time. second and third time is lower, and after that you can't really hold your breath much until you gain bearings again. I've had times like this because when you hold your breath, your lining a shot but sometimes you loose the shot and re gain breath. This kind of simulates it in game. Breathing is fine. Though, the gun rapidly bobbing up and down could be tweaked a bit, i agree on that. But this gets you to play more smartly. Rest. It's about tactic's when it comes to Arma, or ill guarantee you will lose to a well trained player who knows what their doing.

Guys try to run with a rifle, you can get stability while walking but you can't expect much running, even more in a in-regular surface

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

try to sprint with 80 pounds of gear see if you last as long as the character in game

Yeah the gun vibration/jitter thing is way too much. It pretty much makes hardcore PVP with 1st person view only and using tactical sights useless. Realism and simulation? The optic bounce/vibration doesn't even correspond to player steps. Whats real about that? How much more energy would you expend bouncing the gun around that much between steps. A $#it ton. It doesn't even really correspond with fatigue levels as far as I can tell.

It seems to me that the problem isn't that the gun jitters and sways, it's that it does it with such a high frequency and so violently. It's almost certainly not intended to be working like it is now. It doesn't really conform to your movement or breathing at all. The gun should move around more but change direction less abruptly. Basically, more sway and less jitter.

The sights epileptic shaking is ridiculous!!! Come on BIS!!!! Really? Oh yea... I have been waiting for doors to make a sound for years!!!!

I have never been through any military training, but I've had my share of playing airsoft. With about 6kg of gear (airsoft gun, spare mags and water), sprint (running as fast as I could) for 200m, and I would be panting badly. I don't think the shaking now is actually too much, nor the build-up of fatique too fast. If anything, I think it is the recovery that is slightly too slow.

I have never been through any military training, but I've had my share of playing airsoft. With about 6kg of gear (airsoft gun, spare mags and water), sprint (running as fast as I could) for 200m, and I would be panting badly. I don't think the shaking now is actually too much, nor the build-up of fatique too fast. If anything, I think it is the recovery that is slightly too slow.

You right if you talking about to 200 mt in sprint run...but here come out that Parkinson shake after 50 mt just whit 5 ammo + 2 grenade and an rifle assault!

That mind about 10 Kg all inclusive.;)

Now,if you run for 200 mt whit a FGM-148-Javelin 22.3 kg (49.2 lb) (carry weight) plus the Detachable CLU: 6.4 kg (14.1 lb) = 28.7 Kg or 63.3 lb....yes!

300px-Army-fgm148.jpg

But I do not think we're talking about this exception...right?

Regards

Edited by j4you